[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have absolutely zero social life, and it has been like that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: bad feels.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
bad feels.png
59KB, 658x662px
I have absolutely zero social life, and it has been like that my entire life. I have never had a friend i can hang out with or even just talk to. I have people i enjoy being around but they have never invited me to hang out or even started a conversation with me. I have slipped into a state of mild depression and have lost my drive to do anything. Any advice /adv/?
>>
Think of everyone else as fucktards you hate and making friends with them is a "game". You are lvl 1.
Serious. Sounds fucked up I know, but not giving a fuck makes you free to try, and honestly it's just trial and failure, but need to get started somehow. After a while you may realize they really are your friends.
Thats when you get to lvl 2. When they stab you in the back its lvl 3. When you do it again its level 4. I don't know where sometime later higher lvls you will realize they aren't really stabbing you in the back, just part of the game you never knew existed before, rules you missed.
Get high lvl and you will be great at making friends and also know how to keep them. May even be the one dumping a few. Thats when you know you've hit lategame.
As my good friend Willy Shakespeare said, give a man a mask.

The game is afoot. Put on your damn mask and try to get some friends. Start small. Find quiet low lvl nerds who like stuff like videogames etc and ask what games they play. Then get good at those games and play them online together. Then invite them over to hang. Then practice small talk. You might reach lvl 2. Keep going.

Best of luck anon, its a long grind but pays off in the long run.
>>
>>18169735
I'm in a similar situation I think. Try to BE the one doing the inviting. And I know in your head it may seem like "thats so awkward i dont even really know them, they'd be weirded out" or whatever. But like. Very few people i think will take offense from someone wanting to hangout with them. Especially if you've come off as an easy enough guy to get along with. Waiting around hasn't gotten you anywhere, so start being the olive branch guy yourself.
>>
>>18169753
This guy knows what he's talking about, follow his advice, OP.

Alternatively you could try to be happy by yourself. Spread the positive vibes and keep trying.
Friends/people who want you in their life shall follow after.
>>
File: horse-mask-20.jpg (41KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
horse-mask-20.jpg
41KB, 500x460px
Anon Pt2
If you are afraid to fail you may never try. Thats why you need to not give a fuck. Don't be the guy who hangs out in the starting village too long.
Go out, quest, lvl up, die, repeat. It takes years. It's totally worth it.

You sound afraid of rejection. You have to let go first anon. Feels good. Fail till you win, cause it will happen eventually. And its fun to play the game eventually.
>>
>>18169769
That's a good parable, anon.

I do admit at first I was playing the game with intention to impress/getting validation.

After countless rejections I started to not give a fuck and play to win.

It started for validation, now it's for winning, no matter what failures or pain I've to experience.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (25KB, 564x565px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
25KB, 564x565px
>>18169753
Thanks so much dude it really means a lot
>>
>>18169735
Anon, it's time to spread your wings. One thing I would say though, is be aware that you will be a bit awkward around your peers; if you havent had any social interaction to go on over the years, it will take you time to adjust to what is not wierd behavior, and what is socially acceptable. There isnt anything wrong with this, it's just natural. Just do your best to not be overbearing in a public speaking situation, and remember references to stuff you're into might be alien to others. Good fucking luck anon. I am rooting you on.
>>
>>18169735
>>18169753 has some good advices, but don`t start hating. This sounds way too sociopathic. Also this isn`t an uncommon or special problem. You can probably find a lot of advice somewhere on of off the web.
Anyway never listen to just one person. Rather try as much advice as you can and see what fits best.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.