[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is welding a good career to get into? and how tough is it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Services_welding_CAT_DESC-full.jpg (40KB, 728x448px) Image search: [Google]
Services_welding_CAT_DESC-full.jpg
40KB, 728x448px
Is welding a good career to get into? and how tough is it to learn? also how much math is required in it? I'm 22 and really hoping to finally get into a real job to do.
>>
>>18169480
Be a carpenter.
>>
From what I know is it is difficult and also a good career. As with everything, be better than others and you will have a job.
>>
>>18169480
>welding
No
>underwater welding
Hell yes
>>
File: image.jpg (452KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
452KB, 640x1136px
Fucking DO IT, op
>>
Underwater welding is a good way to die but you get paid a ton for it.
>>
Like any trade you get out what you put in, if you expect to skate by you're going to get passed up by someone with more drive than you
>>
>>18169593
Underwater welding is much harder than it sounds.

First of all it's stick welding, which fucking sucks. Stick welding on land is terrible, can't imagine underwater.

I'm 23 and I'm a TIG welder. It's a great job, but it wasn't easy to learn. I had hand tremors and they were causing me problems during training, but an iron supplement and practice fixed the issue.

MIG welding is super easy, TIG welding is more precise. Obviously tig pays better because it takes more skill to do.

Almost zero math involved besides basic measurements. Most jobs you'll be working will teach you exactly how to weld the parts they need and very little flexibility. So the parts I weld for my company are handed to me with a blueprint that has already done all the math.

The best parts about welding are it's easy when you become skilled, it's interesting because you are constantly at risk of being burned so you stay in the zone and the act of welding is fun, the pay is good, you are a High Tier factory employee (Work at a shop that employees young women and you are viewed at a higher status than the sheet metal workers, assembly, etc), and you are never stuck. So many companies hire welders so you always have the option of leaving state/the country and starting at a new job somewhere else with ease. It took me an hour to find a job, I just went to an agency. If I ever need a new job I can apply to places on my own or get an instant new job from the agency.

It's a humble, secure, rewarding, career. The head welder at my shop is a millionaire with fifty days of paid vacation time a year so it definitely pays off. Welding is so second nature to him he's been mentally retired for at least a decade. He leaves whenever he wants, takes days off, goes around the world, and has a pretty wife, nice house, kids, and is constantly buying cool shit so he's definitely able to toss money around.

If you have a strong work ethic and aren't a slacker, welding is a solid choice
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.