[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study Advice. Career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Suit Hashashin.png (1MB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Suit Hashashin.png
1MB, 1440x960px
Pt.1:
I am looking for philosophical answers that give me guidance as a person and also objective answers as to the problem I face.

Before getting into personal struggle of indecisiveness a quick overview about what I want to achieve. I would like to be biologically immortal, probably not the only one. Now that sounds retarded, yet I am serious about wanting to scientifically work on this just living a normal researchers life.

I finished school in 2016 and wanted to go to university. I live in Germany and intially I wanted to study medicine, however my grades weren't good enough to immediately get in; basically i am tier 2 yet tier 1 is requiered. In Germany the public universities are the best ones, there are very few private ones and they aren't very well known. I could afford to pay to go to a private university to study medicine, and if I wanted to just work as a doctor that would work out. However I am obviously more interested in research, so I need to visit a good Uni. To get into Medicine at top Uni in Germany I would have to wait for 7 years. So I applied in other European countries, fucked up some applications and well I still have a shot in Austria. Now if you read this and think that the apparent solution would be for me to study Biology or Chemistry or something inbetween (infinite amount of stuff like biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology etc.) you might be right. I am asking for advice.
>>
Pt. 2:

Obviously I am just some kid out of school but there should be several ways to achieve immortality. Mind uploading, or regenerating cells which usually aren't regenerable are what I have in mind. Ultimately I see a need to fully understand how the Brain works, for mind uploading; Or I see a need to master the DNA and Stem Cell Regeneration in a way that we haven't seen before (to not understand how the brain works but to keep it young end evolving). Possibly and most likely both is requiered. I imagine that having a actively regenrating braing will also mean that the affected subject changes it's personality. Therefore I doubt someone undergoing this kind of brain regenerative treatment would stay the same, yet that is supposed to be guaranteed to some extent.

Now next to medicine and biochemistry I started considering to study Artificial Intelligence, I would learn about how the brain and thinking works from a mathematical and modelled standpoint. Luckily I can study AI at a top tier public university. I was thinking about studying AI until I am eligible to study Medicine in Germany. I don't want to end up as an eternal student, and maybe I will hate AI or Medicine but in my opinion Biochemistry is too much basics and lab work (which I love but it doesn't help me understand the problem of immortality). I am aware that to achieve this goal of mine I will join my forces with many amazing scientists who have been working on this for years. (e.G.: https://www.calicolabs.com/)
>>
Pt. 3:

I think that adding a bit about my parents is relevant. Mom is an alternative practicioner, Dad owns an outpatient care company, Stepdad is a Surgeon. They are all self employed in the medical field. A few years ago I was considering to take over my dads company once he decides to reitre, to improve the national health system from within. But I scrapped that, yet I like the idea of founding a small company with people I know and trust. In the life science sector found a working company is pretty difficult, I presume, but I shouldn't think about this now. I am heavily influenced by my mom and really she is the one who wants me to be a doctor, even though she would also support me with anything else if I had made up a proper opinion. My parents are fine with me being at home even though I am not very productive right now, because I have confirmed them that I will study AI in summer, or do the thing in Austria. Of course I will start something in summer but truth is I am still very doubtful.

I am scared of death, maybe this doesn't let me see clearly what I truly want and who I truly am. I have asked myself what I would spend my time with if I was immortal, to try and look into myself. But I find too many answers, I can imagine studying and learning everything. But I wouldn't have any impact, I would just be observing the world change. And I wonder if being an eternal observer isn't shit and instead living a short life with some small impact is more worthy to be lived. I'd choose both.
>>
Pt. 4: Now the final question is: What to study out of these options. Which order, which subjects and why? Studying for a long time probably isn't a smart move for work in the fields of chemistry, age really matters there. But I think that with an approach through AI and Medicine or Neurobiology (if I can find a BSc like that, I should be able to) it would be different. If I founded an own company I of course wouldn't be that dependant either. Research can be done at Universities or Companies etc.

I haven't talked much about the economical aspect but it deserves more attention than I have given it. Studying in Europe is mostly payed by taxes and doesn't have to be directly paid. Thanks to my parents I am not forced to work while studying, but with an increasing age earning own money becomes significantly more important, family kids etc.. This may not be so relevant to the immediate question but finding something that brings me some money while studying would be wise, maybe streaming or something along those lines would work, I don't know about time intensity here. I don't want to lose focus.
Thank you for reading. Please take your time to answer.
>>
>>18169232
Jesus fucking Christ I'm not reading all that. Give us some bulletpoints, there is no unique problem, so an entire treatise for yours is unnecessary.
>>
File: image.jpg (387KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387KB, 643x820px
>>
Shortest possible:
Study Medicine or Artificial Intelligence or Biochemistry or Neurobiology to work on and ideally achieve immortality?
>>
>>18169232
>wants to become biologically immortal
>can't even get into a public university

I see, you are very serious about your lifegoal
>>
>>18169303
Maybe just get a job that pays the bills and you will get sick and tired of your life, so there's no need for immortality.
>>
>>18170106
Since the solution will most likely come from a combination of those fields and not just one, study whichever you like the best and trust experts in the other fields to do their part along the same lines.

Can't put it all on yourself, it won't work. If there is one thing Warhammer 40k has taught me, it's that humanitys greatest strength lies in its numbers. You're just one man, and one man does diddly. Hundreds of teams of men working in a general direction-- that's a lot of diddly
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.