[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: sat.png (13KB, 770x455px) Image search: [Google]
sat.png
13KB, 770x455px
How can I get better at the SAT or test taking in general? I'm currently at a 1250/1600 (borderline autist-tier) but I'm normally at the top of my class.

(I'm 18 before anyone asks)
>>
>>18169001

there are classes that cover the material seen on the SAT, as well as SAT test books that you can use to teach your self.
>>
>>18169009

>test booklets

I never took the SAT, but these helped me immensely on ACT. Probably raised my score by 4-5 points per subject
>>
>>18169001
Do you actually study for it or do you spend more time on 4chan?
>>
Wait what, 1250 is borderline autist? Everyone told me an 1170 was great for a first try last year.

Should I be like OP and start hitting the books?
>>
>>18169259
>Do you spend more time on 4chan?
I would say more time here than SAT studying.
I come here more frequently but in shorter periods of time whereas I study 1-2 hours on the SAT at a time but less frequently
>>
>>18169674
Depends. What college are you looking to get into?
>>
>>18169001
I got a 1250 on the PSAT when I was 15 and raised my only SAT score to 1480 just by studying vocabulary for a few weeks.

But it depends on where your weak spots are. If it's math, study math.
>>
>>18169932
>raised my only SAT score to 1480 just by studying vocabulary for a few weeks

Thanks Anon, you've given me hope
>>
>>18169001
Can't recall, think I was about 1440?
Anyways, taking calculus helped a lot because you need to have mastered everything before it to use it. So even though calc not really on test, it was a good way to study.
>>
>>18169949
I'm in calculus right now and I know what you mean. I was able to raise my score a lot since the math section was a piece of cake. It was a nightmare on the PSAT though
>>
>>18169967
Yep. I missed one question lost I think 50 pts in math section? Something like that.
Others here could help you with vocab a lot more but they changed it maybe a year ago don't know which one you took. It's less rules and knowing weird words, more just what looks right, what does this paragraph really mean.
Comprehension stuff. I read a lot so did okay but sure those who really know rules could steer you better. Best of luck anon.
>>
>>18169997
Thank you, I feel a lot more motivated now
>>
I took the SAT recently (January) and got a 1510, honestly the best way to prep is just take the practice tests from Collegeboard and review all your wrong answers.

If you do like 1 test a week for a month you'll be familiar with all the math concepts, the sorts of answers the reading wants, and the timings of the test. Just make sure to check why you got it wrong and your score will be way better
>>
>>18169001
SAT is not like other tests you have to know exactly what you're scoring for. get a barron or something and study
do all the problem sets and time it to prepare for time limit
its easy. 1250 is still almost autist tier tho
>>
>>18169001
Tfw 1290
Tfw amazing math score but autistic average reading score
The Nearly perfect essay
Will a nice college still accept me if I'm going into a STEM field?
>>
>>18169910
Nothing fancy, looking at a couple of state colleges right now.
>>
>>18169001

I can't speak for the SAT, I'm final year biology undergraduate at university though.

My biggest piece of advice is to do previous years tests (as long as they still cover the concepts you're being tested on) over and over until you can do the questions. For many tests, only basic things like the numbers used will be changed, essentially making the whole thing an exercise in substitution.
Essay writing is a little more difficult given the breadth of the questions, that just becomes more about knowing key points. If you take general revision tests for the subject (eg revision for the key points of the Russian revolution) that'll help a fair bit.

Don't freak out/work yourself into a bad mindset and do previous tests and you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.