[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a pussy and live life properly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1425807450641.jpg (27KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1425807450641.jpg
27KB, 600x451px
For the past 3 years i've been going further and further into this pit of despair and low self esteem that came with a side of extreme laziness and lack of motivation, and a spattering of no goals and no friends. So you could say I feel pretty sorry for myself and i'm tired of it. I want to feel like i'm living life. I want to feel happy.

I haven't been able to take pride in my life because it has been failure after failure since childhood. My family also dislike me, probably because of the reasons above, and so I don't have anyone else to turn to for support or advice. The one positive thing about myself - the fact that I could get good grades in school - is also gone, and so is my chance at getting into any kind of good university.

Right now my circumstances in life mean I have a few, mostly shitty choices, either I give up on any dreams of becoming some kind of professional and instead join the military and suck it up for the next 5 years, or I take the only university offer I have, and go to a low rank university that is falling apart financially (layoffs, strikes, cut funding etc.) to get a physics+comp. sci. degree that may not even get me a related job after 4 years.

Both of these options make me feel like a failure, probably rightfully, since I have failed much more than I should have. I have no skills, no productive hobbies, and most of my time is spent ruminating over my shitty decisions or attempting to do things in a half-assed way because I don't even feel like I want to live anymore. I daydream about moving to the forests of canada and live in a little cabin, and just get by on my own for the rest of my life, maybe make a couple friends. In reality I can't do this because I live in the UK and have no money.

My friends all abandoned me a year ago after they left high school, I expected maybe at least one person to remember me, maybe message me once or twice, but no, I failed at making friends too, and my social skills aren't getting better. 1/2
>>
Go to east London and suck some Jamaican dicks

Stop being a batty boi
>>
What are you doing now, do you have a job?

If not get one so you atleast are being productive with your day.
>>
>>18168887
Get a job at nandos and pour peri peri in your ass

Then suck off a polish immigrant

Then pray Allah

Just do normal British things and you'll be fine cheers m8
>>
2/2

Also never had a girlfriend, you know, the usual suite of problems for a socially retarded loser who comes on 4chan regularly.

The thing is, I'm not suicidal yet because I still hope that maybe my life can still get better and I can catch up on all the lost experiences, and maybe figure out what my actual purpose is in life (maybe it IS in my destiny to be a generic miserable desk jockey). But hope and reality are 2 different things and in reality my life is getting worse by the day and mostly every day I find it hard to even get out of bed because I don't want to face the shitshow my life has become.

I did try to get professional help, back in November, but my lovely country has put so much funding into mental healthcare that I am still waiting for them to call me for my first session. I called them today, they said I will have to wait a few more months. That's what they said last time in January when I called them too.

So I'm here because I have nobody else who gives a shit and being honest I dont think most of you will either, but it's worth a try at least. If anyone has turned their life around from shit into something worth living, please help me. I want to actually feel happiness someday.
>>
>>18168895
I'm trying to re-take my A-Levels independently because my old school said no to taking me back.

The studying is going shit and I think i will fail again.

I worked for 8 weeks over christmas, it was shitty temp work in Royal Mail and I did make a few 'friends' but they also disappeared after work finished. I didn't feel productive there, I was paid to stand around and mark off trolleys of mail.

>>18168897
>>18168889
Fuck off you dumb spaz
>>
>>18168909

Go to Australia. You'll either get killed by the wildlife there (including actual Australians) or you'll fit right in because you are a cancerous bitch.
>>
>>18168887
Things don't sound that bad for you. You just have a case of the feelies. Perfect time to develop some resilience that your daddy never taught you.

Look at your options rationally and plot a course. It's not going to be ideal. Welcome to life, we pursue what we want and we make do with what we actually get.
>>
>>18168936
He's long gone. As a Brit his only way to success is to study the Koran
>>
>>18168934
That doesn't sound too bad. I don't share your opinions on cancer, but Australia seems like a good place to live... if I could actually find work there and not have to sleep rough with tarantulas

>>18168936
Yeah, I assumed i was just being a pussy, but my life still sucks regardless, from my perspective.
I have been thinking about my options from every angle but I don't know which will be better for my future self. My parents have no advice to give on career paths. Call me what you want for this, but how do I stop feeling inferior to everyone else who is going to better universities and studying harder and who actually have goals they work towards?

Also this 'case of the feelies' has lasted for 3 years, so make of that what you will.

I can accept the fact that i'm never going to be as good as I thought I would and just go to uni and accept an office job for the rest of my life, but I could try get an apprenticeship and maybe make more money doing better work, or I could join the army and learn some discipline and grow some balls, or I could start working now in an entry level job and stick with the same company forever until I get promoted high enough, etc. there's a lot of options and I don't even know all of them, never mind which one is going to be the right one. By right one, I mean the one which will bring me closest to normalcy and happiness.
>>
>>18168975
>could actually find work there and not have to sleep rough with tarantulas

Would you sleep rough with Australian women instead? You'll likely get the same results
>>
>>18168909
You don't even have a high school diploma ? How old are you ?
>>
Since you're in the UK, instead of doing A-levels have you considered getting a certificate of higher education from Birkbeck? With that you can transfer to another university to do your bachelors, and believe me all the top-tier unis accept certificate of higher education (CertHe), manchester/UCL/Kings college/Royal Holloway etc, that's where my fellow classmates ended up going to

And the best thing about it is you can work at the same time because lectures are all in the evening

Entry requirements are passing an interview (not that hard at all) and a couple of GCSE level tests. You can do it over 1 or 2 years, I recommend 1 year. You can get a loan from student finance england to pay for it

Look into it, it turned my life around :)
>>
Figure out what your pashion is and everthing will follow. You only need to prove to yourself that you can do it not others. Find you passion follow it a passion to do it is worth alot more to an employer than an degree.
>>
>>18168996
Never heard about this, currently Im looking at the certHE for IT at birkbeck but they say it can take up to 4 years, minimum 2. If I fail my A Levels again i'll probably try it unless something better comes up though. What course did you do there? And what did you do at Uni afterwards?

>>18168989
I'm 18 and I do have my GCSE's (high school) and my A-Levels are technically passes, but not good enough to go to almost any university besides the very worst.
>>
>>18169133
I did a physics + maths certhe and Im currently studying computer science at uni

If you want to get into computer science DO NOT do an IT cert, go for maths + physics. I did it in one year

If youre 18 cant you stay in sixth form until youre 19?
>>
>>18169162
I can't find the physics/maths cert on birkbecks website.

>http://www.bbk.ac.uk/study/2016/certificates

No physics, maths, or any hard science.

No, i cannot go back to sixth form, I left at 18 after my A2's and they will not take me back. I'm almost 19 anyway so there's no chance. I even phoned them just to make sure they wouldn't take me, I was right.

What uni are you at?
>>
>>18169189
Here it is:

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/study/2017/undergraduate/programmes/UCHPHYMA_C/

I don't really want to disclose what uni I'm at but as long as you get good grades on the course you'll have no problem getting russell group offers
>>
>>18169208
Yeah, sorry didn't realise that may be too personal of a question. Is it a Russel group at least?

Also, the fees don't seem too bad (£5K) but I don't live in London, so I'd have to get accommodation for a year too, do Student Finance help with living costs for this type of certification? And do you know how much it costs to live around the birkbeck area for a year, on minimal expenditure?
>>
>>18169233
You can get a £1000 bursary. For the rest of the money you'll need to get a job. You're going to be broke for a year but it's your life so it's worth it. Thankfully birkbeck lectures are in the evening so you can work during the day

If you want reassurance that you will get offers from top/russell group unis, talk to the interviewer about it and he'll explain how well valued a CertHe is.

LOL, birkbeck is in central london right next to UCL and SOAS, you will have to commute. Get a room somewhere in the outer boroughs
>>
>>18168887
You wanna know how to stop being a pussy and live life properly?

JUST

DO

IT!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.