[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People keep telling me to smile/cheer up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: killmepls.jpg (27KB, 491x473px) Image search: [Google]
killmepls.jpg
27KB, 491x473px
Why do they do it? Is it socially unacceptable to have a straight face? They don't smile all the time unless they have a reason to so why would I do it? Should I assume I look pissed or sad if I don't?

My face would hurt and I think it would be stupid to smile from ear to ear all the time. I do have a *faint* smile sometimes yet I get told there's 'none' and that I don't look like it.
>>
>>18168655
You have resting bitchface. Learn to emote and change your tone and inflection, it's a lot easier than changing your facial expression all the time.
>>
>>18168655
Some people cannot stand when others shows various kinds of emotion. It all depends on where you live.

For example, in my country if you want to piss as many people as possible, you just walk a street and smile a LOT at random people.

I guess you have the same power with your sad face. You trigger them simply by existing. It is like shitposting, but in real life!
>>
>>18168655
This is one of the things I hate about America, and the fact that if someone does something that bothers you, if you confront them they think you're enemies. Just let them suck it up.
>>
File: ezgif-4262116953.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-4262116953.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>18168655
>Is it socially unacceptable to have a straight face
Yes, unless you look like a model with a straight face. thats why they say it. I think everyone has to deal with this problem - especially with family. Both guys and girls deal with this.

straight faces can also show you're not happy, so basically there intent is for you to be happy. So good intent, but lame message for them though.
>>
>>18168710
Are you honestly that naive? You chair-breakers think everything is about you. This happens in pretty much every country, what makes you think only America is affected?
>>
>>18168706
Lol this made me crack and feel better about my offensive mug
>>
>>18168655
people feel your own emotions by the means of empathy (or more precisely - they feel the emotions they suppose you feel, based on what they percieve). This means, that if your face seems sad, they start *feeling* sad (provided they have a good reason to empathise/sympathise with you). They obviously want to feel happy, so they want to make you smiling (which for them constitutes happy) again.

Comply and smile if you wish to please them. Tell them to fuck off otherwise
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.