[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overattached Grandma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: latest.jpg (99KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
99KB, 1152x864px
Long story short: I'm a college student who works at my grandparent's house because it has a quiet room with good acoustics. I've tried to relocate, but I've struggled to find a comparable sound room and the school denied my request to used their professional studios.

My problem is that I've been working at my grandparent's house for over a year and in the last month my grandma has gotten frightfully clingy and creepy. Its so bad that its negatively effecting my happiness and my work. She recently admitted that she has no idea how old I am. I'm almost 22, but she treats me like I'm 7.

For example.
>Grandma demands "huggies from my big boy" when I arrive, when I leave, if I spend the night, before she goes to bed, and at random. I've tried to tell her no but she says I'm not allowed in the house until she "gets her huggie."
>Grandma always acts surprise when I arrive despite that I've been there 2-4 times a week for the last year.
>Grandma touches me as much as possible. Grabbing my arm, hand, rubbing my back, etc. Whenever this happens there's always a "We're so glad to see our big boy!" or "Its nice to have you here." Again, I'm there 2-4 times a week, every week.
>If Grandma finds me on my computer in the kitchen, she'll stand over my shoulder, silently watching me and touching me until I'm done.
>In addition to random touching, Grandma will try to tickle me (armpits and ribs) while I'm working on my computer. I've told her to stop, but she doesn't.
>If I every decide not to go to work, Grandma calls me in a panic.
>A few weeks ago, I walked into town for lunch. Grandma was napping when I left. I come back and Grandma is on the phone with the police, reporting me as a missing person.

Etc, Etc, Etc

I've tried to be respectful, but she won't take no for an answer and it keeps getting worse. I can't stop working because I have contracts with a number of people right now. I'm honestly afraid of her clinginess at this point and I don't know what to do.
>>
>>18168463
Respect your elders, faggot.
>>
>>18169053
Fuck off, you brainwashed turd of a sheep.

>>18168463
Your grandma sounds like she either wants your dick or she has some mental issues. Where's your granddad? Does he never spend time with her?

Just get some friggin egg boxes and tape them to your walls at your own home, i'm sure it'll dampen the sound somewhat. Or buy noise cancelling headphones. Why do you need a room with good acoustics, unless you are a music student?
>>
>>18169242
I'm a voice actor. I need a quiet room where I can record narration in. My voice goes through the walls (my roommate complained) at my apartment and the university denied my request to use their actual studios.

My granddad is always there. He's pretty quiet these days and spends most his time watching the news or eating candy. He's hard of hearing and she's very controlling of him.
She'll say
>Do you need a nap, dad?
>No no. I'm fine.
>I think you need a nap, dad. You're not feeling well.
>Oh. I guess I could use a nap.
>>
>>18169390
She's just the coddling type it seems. She may not feel wanted from grandpa and is turning to you as someone to force her affections onto. Her hearts in the right place... :\ I feel bad, i can understand how this could be a difficult situation.. You try just talking to her? About needing space for work or just straight up explaining that you're uncomfortable with how she treats you? She probably has some kinda weird strain of insecure attachment. Be nice to gram though, they're awesome... Try to talk to her on an adult level even. Old people got wisdom for dayssss.

/rambling
>>
>>18168463
Definitely wants the D. Might as well give it to her, anon, she may stop all the 'affection' after she finds out your lousy in the sack. Or you will wear her out, so then you can do your work.
>>
>>18169053
>Respect your elders, faggot.

Picture related.
>>
Why is giving your grandma a hug so bad you autistic fuck?

If you don't like it then get your own place you parasite.
>>
>>18169584
Do you think its normal for an 84 year old woman to constantly try to tickle her 22 year old grandson?

Just yes or no.
>>
>>18168463
OP she may be having dementia
>>
Does she maybe feel guilty about how she raised your parent? Ask your mom/dad about how she acted towards them or if she was even around. They could even give you some insight if they were in a similar situation during their time with her
>>
OP she's gonna ask you to get inside the oven to clean it
>>
The only thing I feel like is overstepping boundaries is the last two things you listed. My mom has pulled shit like that on me and I seriously don't like it.

She's old, dude. And she's probably becoming senile. My grandma is the same way, and yes it's annoying, but again, she's old and her brain is probably starting to deteriorate, so just give the lady her damn hugs.
>>
>>18169760
This, and fucking rent a professional space, per hour if you need to, for your 'professional' work that you do from your grandparents' house.

You should receive sufficient payment to cover such overheads such as a place to do said work. If not, look for better-paying gigs.
>>
>>18168463
It might be sign of dementia, but I wouldn't leap to that conclusion. Mainly, it's called "Being a Grandmother" and is part of her job description.

Enjoy it. You'll miss it when it's gone.
>>
Fucking kek, my grandad is the same way. It only gets worse, move out while you can.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.