[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My supervisor is cool with everyone but cold and borderline ignores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: temp a.jpg (61KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
temp a.jpg
61KB, 1280x960px
When i first started we were friendly with each other but for some time she started treating me differently. She's a cool supervisor and everyone thinks shes fun but when i try talking to her she wont even look at my direction. She would be smiling and laughing, i'd walk up and next thing she'd completely turn dull and wont even look at me if i talk to her but if someone addresses her she'll at least faced them. She'll have a detailed conversation with me but the entire time she'll face away from me and its like i'm talking to a wall. Lastly, not often but sometimes she'll kinda act bothered or mad at me when i didnt do shit which really ignores me.

I feel shitty and it doesn't help she's my supervisor and i have to talk to her when i don't even know what i did to her. The only thing i can think of is that her bf works in the same building and maybe he doesn't like me. I'll say im generally liked and respected even among other supervisors although i look serious / mad all the time and i'm overly confident to the point of being kinda arrogant, i'm not self aware and i'm sarcastic so sometimes i unintentionally sound like a jerk, but once people get to know me they always like me. Maybe she thinks i'm just as an asshole? Or rumors?

Overall its not really a big problem but it's still an annoyance that i'm not sure how to deal with. I'd like to get back on good terms with her but idk how. Would it be a bad idea to confront her and straight up confronted her? Thoughts?
>>
>>18168393
also i'll answer any questions if you have any
>>
You sound just like this one guy at my office. He's really self-absorbed and says he's been told that his overconfidence translates to arrogance (a shock to no one but him). He thinks everyone likes him but most people except his really naive gf and some very superficial people find him annoying.

If you're anything like that guy people (her included) probably find you irritating and or it's further validated by other people talking about your behavior.
>>
If you say you've been arrogant, not self aware and sarcastic, yeah maybe that's your problem. You might have been rude and she took note of it. Maybe be less of that. People's impressions can change over time, be less of a dick and eventually that's how you'll be seen.
>>
>>18168653
Why does everyone take it personally when i say i'm overly confident? Its not a good thing mother fucker, iv been fired from 4 jobs for making a hostile work environment because i felt i knew better then my bosses and roasted management in front of everyone for fucking up. My co-workers find it amusing but management hates me. The only reason i'm lasting this long is because is because the supervisors are cucked by union so they're more human and i'm trying to fix my pragmatic nature but every once in awhile i do have a douche chill moment which was my point.

If you want i can teach you how to be overly confident too.

>>18168668
Maybe, probably. When we were friendly i did tell her "sorry if i offend you, i dont realize i'm being jerk sometimes, im just trying to be funny" and she told me "its ok you're just really sarcastic, and you are funny!" and i think i might've took that overboard and sperged out and said something fucked up. I think shutting the fuck up is the best advice so far. Although that's kinda going to suck too.

One thing i just noticed, before whenever we'd "banter" with each other i remember she'd kind resort to a kid. I'd say something and she'd respond with a childish dialogs like
"your face" or "at least i don't go around stabbing old grandmas" or "well fine then, i don't care anyways"

Which i always found weird. I wonder if its related, Idk i just like over analyzing shit.
>>
>>18168742
i say rape her. at least she'll hate you for a reason kek
>>
>>18169004
fags
>>
>>18168393
This has happened to me a few times, where a supervisor who used to like me suddenly and inexplicably got pissy. Every time it has turned out to be rumors/drama instigated by someone else. I never did anything about it, just tried to focus on work and keep my head down. Every time it blew over eventually, except once when it stayed that way until that bitch finally quit. Maybe you will find a better way to deal with it, if you are less awkward than I.
>>
>>18170313
Wait you think she likes me? What's shit your supervisor did to make you think she liked you?
>>
>>18171181

Come on man, it's obvious you wanted to reach the "she likes me" reason. Don't act surprised now...
>>
She wants nothing to do with you and want to keep contact with you very limited. Best thing I can say is to just do your work and only reach out to her when you have something job related.

If you want to, ask her about her day and her plans. Listen rather than talk coz whatever you're saying is probably tilting her
>>
>>18171233
Never occurred to me, i'm decent with women and i can say she never gave me vibes, usually girls who are interested in you flirt or try to hug you or imply you should hang out which she hasn't ever done. Also she literally fucking stone walls me.

It didn't make sense for her to be attracted to me. Although i have a good sense of dry humor and i'm generally respected, economically she's more financially stable and she and her boyfriend of 2 years both make more money then me and status wise she's above me and i work under her, she even knows i live with my parents still, a women can't be better then a man for there to be attraction.

Don't get me wrong i'm going to consider that she likes me because she's qt and if you think she does tell me but im not fishing for an opinion, imo its more likely she's heard something about me or she sees me as a wanna-be-intellectual-douchebag or most likely her bf has a problem with me and in that case i want to know what the best approach is.

Again, its not a huge deal overall but idk, its fucking annoying because she'll literally stonewalls me causing me to sometimes get behind on work (i have told another supervisor about it, he said he talked to her and nothing changed) and i cant do anything about it since everyone is on good terms with her and they think i'm being dramatic, she's being detrimental to my work environment which is 1/3 of my day.
>>
>>18171278
>If you want to, ask her about her day and her plans. Listen rather than talk
I do this with most people because i know how much people like to talk about themselves and feel like someones interested in them. Iv started doing this with her recently but decided to just keep my head down as she'll have a detailed conversation but she'll stare straight ahead stonewalled with this emotionless expression like she wants me to fuck off. I'll even say goodbye and she'll pretend she didn't hear me or force herself to say goodbye 5 seconds later when i'm already walking away. I was just thinking about buying her a soda, giving it to her and just walking away.

I wish i knew wtf i did to her, women are fucking bitches sometimes.
>>
>>18171302

Four paragraphs when not fishing? You gave this a lot of thought mate.
>>
>>18171340
Mother fucker i gave a lot of thought on >>18168742
>>18171336
>>18168393
too, that's just how i am. And of that 1 paragraph of that is saying why she likely doesn't like me, 1 paragraph is dedicated to bringing back attention to the bigger / more realistic issues and 1 paragraph is expaning on the problem
>>
Girls at work do this to me all the time. It's either because they get immediately defensive because they have a boyfriend, in which case i pretty much act friendly but ignore them. They get defensive because they sense you're a threat. If you ignore her bullshit and still laugh and joke with people around her there's a good chance she'll fuck you.

Or, the other case is that she was into you before, but then saw you flirting with other girls at work and decided you're a fuckboi and now hates you. In that case it's a lost cause and just pursue some other chick.

Then you have the chicks who are cold as fuck when you talk to them at first, then they see you getting along with another girl like you don't give a shit about her, and suddenly you're on her radar.

Bitches are insane, but easy if you know what you're dealing with.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.