[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't escape my religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170311_200913_721.jpg (1MB, 1994x2287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170311_200913_721.jpg
1MB, 1994x2287px
secretly ex-Muslim but family doesn't know, so I have to pretend and shit, because I know they'll never understand..

Especially my step-dad and his anger management issues.
I'm waiting until I am independent before I'm comfortable telling them, cause I don't wanna stir up trouble or get kicked out of the house.

I gave up trying to persue an art/design career because (apparently drawing anything living or resembling a living things means going straight to the (7th) deepest pit in hell.) and my parents will never let me.
honestly I'm getting tired of this shit

what would you do if you were in my place

pic is related
>>
>>18167841
Well, about being independent and getting a house before telling them is nice plan.

And can't tell you much but IIRC, muslims still do other nice art as well, so you COULD tell them about that muslim mosque art that isn't on living things.
IMO it's nice desu, especially as a mathfag.

Sorry I can't tell you about the problems about your family though, but maybe some other anon will help you.
Also you draw nice.

Oh and have you considered some tablet? Or you don't have privacy? Since drawing on paper while you live with your parents could be really dangerous.

And I'm going to sleep but I hope the thread will be up when I'm awake.
>>
>>18167856
I have 0 privacy, I asked if I could buy tablet with own money, but still got super rejected
>>
>>18167841
Im a bit in the same situation, I have much more freedom but I wouldnt risk bringing a girlfriend home a sth like this.
Do you know what type of man your local Imam is? If hes fairly reasonable (more reasonable than your step-dad is easy) go with your family to him and ask him about your situation.
But you really have to get a house to be independant, otherwise they will always treat you like a child.
By the way nice Kat drawing.
>>
>>18167864
I'm that Anon.

Okay, your situation is a really hard one.

Can't think on how I could help you since it's way too risky to buy a tablet secretly since he could break it really badly.

I guess your only option is to save some money and get a nice job so you get a nice home and wait a little bit so when you are independent, you could start your drawing career but at the same time do whatever job you are doing.

I guess the next step you could take is to pick what are you going to study that pays well so you get out of your house ASAP.

So, you should look up what you can do the best that isn't drawing, look on business degrees and STEM.
>>
>>18167841
I am able to empathize with you, I guess i'm not muslim anymore but I still believe in Allah as the creator, that's as far as my faith goes.

However, my parents are nowhere near this strict with their faith, mostly because my dad is slightly logical and I managed to reason him into understanding that superstition and ancient perspectives on the world are not how I want to live my life in the 21st century.

I know how illogical muslims can be when they get too brainwashed, so I agree with the idea that you shouldn't be clear with them about what your actual life goals are. My parents still do the covering up eyes on drawings shit, your parents sound like if they caught you drawing female bodies they would probably whip your ass half to death, and then isolate you forever

How old are you, and what gender? If you're a girl, it will be a bit harder for you to get away from the craziness at home, mostly because your stepdad would not be happy about his daughter moving away to be independent and 'kafir' when he probably has plans to marry you off to some hafiz who will dominate your life just like your stepdad.

If I were you, I'd get the fuck out of there pronto. Go to university for media studies or something closely related to art/design, then explain your situation to your tutors once you're away from home and transfer to art or design secretly, tell your parents you're still studying whatever. Or don't. Because you should be trying to get away from them lording over your life.

Good luck, religions suck, hope you make it.
>>
>>18167841
I married a Japanese girl

But yeah, you have to ensure you are financially independent or you are gonna have to sell ass on the street to get by.

Be patient, bide your time then when you are free, live your life the way you want
>>
>>18167841
I'm in the same boat anon. I'm a girl who leans more to being agnostic and I know my parents won't ever understand my decision. I don't want to leave them but at the same time, I can't stand living a lie.

Don't give up on your design/art career. Don't let them take something you love. Hide your art. It doesn't matter where - under the mattress, in the closet, wherever. Just don't give it up. You'll need it to feel sane when you get to the aftermath of telling them. If they do find it, tell them that God give you a precious gift that you want to use and that not culturing it is a waste. You're not making art with the intent of 'creating something alive', you're doing it to show people that Allah's creations are beautiful and that you were blessed with a creative mind.

They can't control your life forever. When you're old enough to be an independent, I suggest getting your shit together and finding a place to stay. Whether you choose to keep in touch is your choice, but have a safe home to lean back on.
>>
blow them up

it's the way they'd want to go
>>
Fuck religion. My family still tries to get me back into it. I just tell them I'm an athiest and they can deal with it and not talk to me about it if it makes it easier for them. I still go to church a couple times a year because of their beliefs and because it makes them happy. I don't initiate conversations about religion but am glad to tell them why I don't need it if they do. If they are the type to disown you for it then that's all the more reason to cut ties with assholes.
>>
>>18169465
>disown you
lol this is islam, people have been literally killed to death by their families for even thinking of leaving, even in western countries
>>
>>18169476
All the more reason to tell them to fuck off. If someone told me they will kill me unless I change my beliefs I would welcome them to try. Gun to my head I still wouldn't start worshiping an ancient pedophile. Don't be a pussy bro.
>>
>>18169476
Also, >killed to death
>>
File: image.jpg (387KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
387KB, 800x820px
>>18167841
I would fuck off back to whatever shithole you came from
>>
>>18167864
Anon, you and I are on the same path so let me ask you this. Do they know shit when it comes to technology and can you bullshit to them naturally?

I know this is shit but, try getting one of those laptop tablets (w/ touch pen but buy this on your own) and make bullshit about it being for work as for your drawing files

1. you can uninstall drawing apps when you aint drawing so no evidence

2. you can say oh lol it just comes with the tablet and change the file extensions for your drawing files every time to make it look like they dont exist

God speed anon
>>
>>18169476
Good, OP should be slaughtered and his family deported in the aftermath
>>
>>18169493
>gun to my head i wouldnt do it

That line wasnt even cool when baby boomers were the ones watching movies. The smart thing to do would be to capitulate and retaliate from a stronger position. Your life is hopefully worth more than a pissing contest with a bronze age goat fucker.
>>
>>18169476
If OP is an American they can buy a gun when they move out. Fear is not a useful motivator.
>>
>>18169496
>literally
>killed to death
>>
>>18170119
>OP
>his
Huh. I assumed OP was femanon, probably due to the drawing. I'm now less interested.
>>
>>18168154
thanks but imam isn't an option, the ones I know are brainwashed
>>
>>18169145
thanks, will do
>>
>>18169180
thanks anon, I'm already studying electrical engineering and I'm pretty good at computers and such, I don't think career options will be a problem
>>
>>18167841
I wouldn't ever tell them.
>>
>>18169239
this kinda situation would be worse if I was a female, let's hope your parents are reasonable
>>
>>18167841
>I gave up trying to persue an art/design career because (apparently drawing anything living or resembling a living things means going straight to the (7th) deepest pit in hell.) and my parents will never let me.
Do stuff like architectural and landscape design until you can move onto people. Logos and webdesign too,
>>
>>18167841
You gave up the true path? Shame on you.
>>
>>18167841
Sounds like your parents are South-asian.
>>
>>18167841
id kill myself for leaving the path of truth if i were you
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.