[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in a relationship with a guy for six months now, we talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: received_1298704400199295.jpg (4KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
received_1298704400199295.jpg
4KB, 300x162px
I am in a relationship with a guy for six months now, we talk on the phone every day (he calls me every day) but we have a LDR. So I see him a few times a month. He's honest about the people he meets up with and one friend is his female friend he has known for 7 years. He meets up with her every Thursday, sometimes skips a day when he is busy. He goes over at her place to cook and eat together and watch tv and than leaves. He has a guy friend he does this with every Monday, so it is not exclusive to her I guess.

Still, it upsets me how close they are. She has a boyfriend and I've read some conversations between them on Whatsapp and watched them together once. It is 100 percent obvious she has friendzoned my boyfriend, I recognize the behavior. So she is cool in my eyes, I trust that she won't put a move on him.

But I wonder if my boyfriend's intentions are to be trusted. I fear that if she would like him, he would drop me for her in a second. They hug on the couch together while watching a movie and tickle eachother on the couch and they are just so comfortable together. I believe he would want to be more than friends and I have a feeling I am sharing my boyfriend with her.

He told me they hug and cook and hang out but just as friends, he says he has never felt attracted to her at all (yeah right) and they even talked about dating once but both laughed saying it is impossible so I don't have to worry.

But this is tearing me up, if he cuddles with her on the couch and shit, where is the line between a girlfriend and just a friend. Only we have sex and they don't?! I don't want to share my boyfriend with her, she has her own boyfriend, how is HE okay with his girlfriend hugging on the couch with my boyfriend every week?! My boyfriend told me not to overthink it, but I feel horrible. I even think about breaking up but I don't want to break up, I love this guy, but this is jusy way too complicated for me and it makes me so unhappy.
>>
On one hand, being insecure is going to kill your relationship. But on the other, shit like cuddling on the couch with someone else is completely inappropriate. While I do think you need to work on trust, I also think he has crossed a line and like you say, there's very little differentiating your relationship with him from hers.

However, at the same time, I don't see you coming out on top in this scenario. I am 90% sure that if he had to pick between the two of you, or even between stopping this behaviour and you breaking up with him, he'd pick her.
>>
>>18167724
I have no choice but to trust him, but I feel like lines are being crossed and I just have to sit here and accept it because 'I should just trust him'. Up to what point do I have to trust him, he's literally cuddling with her with a blanket on the couch. It just blows my mind that I have to accept that, I would have told my friend to gtfo from the relationship because nothing good comes from a guy that is this close with another girl, yet here I am accepting this from my guy because I should trust him. He will not stop cuddling with her if I ask him to, I don't want to break up with him but I hate sharing him and feeling the way I do right now. Damnit.
>>
>>18167758
Have you talked to him about this? If so, I see no options other than putting up with it or dumping him. Just the fact that he doesn't realise he's crossing a line is a huge red flag and I'd personally consider it to be a dealbreaker
>>
>>18167761
We talked a bit about it, he said he is comfortable around her and has known her for 7 years, he doesn't want to act more distant towards her. Even if he would tell me he won't cuddle anymore, I don't think he will stop. I think she is very important to him and I will never come even close to her level of importance. I think I'm just his girlfriend because he can't have her.
>>
you are dating a bullshitter
hope he atleast looks good
stupid bitch
>>
>>18167800
Yeah he's hot and younger than me.
Please give me advice. What would you do in this situation?
>>
You what him throw away seven years because it makes you uncomfortable? It won't happen, break up or get over it.
>>
>>18167716
OP, talk to him.
He is right when he says you shouldn't overthink it and you need to trust him about this. But, on the other hand, you can ask him to stop doing something that makes you feel uncomfortable: tell him you feel really uncomfortable and you feel like he's crossing a boundary with her, and while you're completely fine with them hanging out and all, you'd like them to be a little less physical.

I had been very good friends with a guy for 13 years. I was very affectionate with him, even physically, but I never felt anything for him and he never felt anything for me. We were best friends growing up and were very close to each other.
Whenever my boyfriend had issues with our friendship, I talked honestly to my friend and we respected him.
If your boyfriend and his friend cannot respect you, that's a deeper issue.
>>
>>18167766
He's either a lier or just fucking retarded.

If they know each other so well, he should be able to tell her that you aren't okay with the cuddling and to stop it now that he's no longer single. No reason to stop seeing her all together, just restrain from all that bullshit.

The best thing to do here is to talk to your bf about how awfully sad this makes you. If he's unwilling to change something as simple as a hug habit just to make to you feel safer, then he's not interested in you. Mind you that I believe that's as far as he should be limited, if you try and fight him seeing hee every Thursday, you'll lose.
>>
>>18167867
>>18167834
Thank you :)
I'm going to tell him
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.