[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1489451195459.jpg (43KB, 560x354px) Image search: [Google]
1489451195459.jpg
43KB, 560x354px
I dont know how to talk with normal people. Like I find myself just asking questions most of the time, idk if its because they dont contribute that much or what I have no idea. There was a girl I talk with and when its me and her irl we just have a good back and fourth only because we do inside jokes, and memes, since we used to text alot. I feel like I wont have something like I did with her for a long time with someone and all I can think of is asking questions or (Interviewing them) as people call it. I don't really know how to have a good conversation with someone unless its mainly things we bonded over like jokes, or hangouts, or experiences.
>>
>>18167109
bump
>>
>>18167109
meetup dot com
>>
>>18167180
what? I dont get it, just learn to talk with people on dating apps?
>>
The most recent cognitive mechanism humans have evolved is just saying shit to random people. It establishes dominance when you have to respond to something someone else is saying which creates status and attracts mates. Those people who feel absolutely comfortable with small talk, which is actually big talk because it has huge social rewards, end up with more friends than the people who can only have "deep" conversations.

Most people on 4chan lack this gene and instead are resigned to being the recipient of these imperial conquests. As ridiculous as feminists sound for coming up with the term "micro-aggressions" they actually show a profound understanding of social dynamics.

Yes, these little things are near imperceptible militaristic campaigns to invade other sovereign entities. It's why people get anxious in group situations. You don't get anxious around a dog because it is submissive to you, nor do you get anxious around a lamp because it can literally do nothing to you. But you get anxious around groups of people because you're bringing a knife to a gun fight. You know these people exist and you can do nothing but watch when they take shots at you.

It's worse for men because we are programmed to be masters of ourselves and other people. When people keep conquering us and we don't know why or how to conquer other people, we become depressed.
>>
>ask a question
>get a response
>dig something out of that response that you have some knowledge about or interest in
>toss some of your knowledge into the conversation
>ask follow up questions
>make open ended statements that allow the other person/people to ask you questions

Basically being a good conversationalist has a lot to do with the having two things:
1) the natural charm to steer topics toward things the participants are interested in hearing and talking about
2) the intelligence/life experience to be able to pick up and run with lots of conversational topics
>>
>>18167236
Thats the thing though, I lack the life experience just to pick up random conversations, Im a gamer, anime, memer nerd and excel with my people but not normies
>>
>>18167255
Not that guy, but what personally worked for me was just being negative. Lots of 'ironic' "boy this makes me want to kill myself" comments and "kill yourself" responses to people. For some reason that's how I started to make a lot of friends. I dunno.
There's one guy who said I should stop joking about that and that he doesn't like it, but then I wonder one he is one of my closest friends and comes talk to me out of his own all the time.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.