[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No real joy left in life despite having it good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: 1490322704491.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1490322704491.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
42/m/fit/married/own a business and answer to nobody/have plenty of disposable income/blahblahblah so everyone thinks life should be great.

Problem is, I don't feel like the world has anything left to offer me, and me it. Have tons of freedom and could do whatever I want, but it has been years since I've really given a fuck. Dislike the industry I'm in (filled with extreme leftists, terrible people overall) but pay is great and I only have to deal with email and the occasional rare phone call so it could be worse, but I dread everything to do with being at work or being out dealing with others in day-to-day life. Politics has a great part in it because everyone is off the fucking rails these days, had plenty of shitty dealings with people who I tried to get to know but were unresponsive/acted like ADD-riddled teenagers despite being 35+, feeling like there's no real point in going on because this world seems completely fucked.

I've had depression during my younger years, but haven't felt like it in the same way, it just feels like a black wave of "Why bother, it's all going to shit anyway, don't waste your time" every day with nothing that makes me want to keep trying any longer.

Wife deals with this well enough, but god damn, I'd really like to know what it's like to have some faith in the fucking world again and to feel there's still something of value to work toward and that it's not just all in vain where efforts will just get pissed on by people as they tend to do.

Not sure if anyone can give advice, but if nothing, I just needed to vent. Even when you have a good life, this fucking world can still crush your soul every single day because people ruin everything and are making it a true hell on earth.
>>
welcome to life
>>
>>18167111

Yeah, sadly, the shit I got depressed about in theory as a 20 year old NEET way back in the 90s came to actually be a self-fulfilled prophecy, from the looks of it.

Though, back then I though I'd be dead by 40, not successful and miserable. Strange how things end up, eh?
>>
>>18167104
You ever considered selling your company and starting a new one in an industry you're curious about? Get your youth back by being a student of life again
>>
>>18167121
Well, proly not feelings of youth, but that zest and compassion for like
>>
>>18167121

Was trying to sell last year, interested party dropped out last-minute, took me 2 years to find someone who seemed to really want to take it over (would have been a great match, I'm a retailer, they distribute to us, would have given them massive profits but they opted to pass). If someone would offer me the $1.2 mil I want, I'd take it in a heartbeat and move on. Hell, $900k and I'll budge now.

Problem for me is, I NEED to have something I strive for in order to feel alive. I really don't have interest in anything else now - the world/politics/etc. has me focused on just wanting financial security over all else, to where any "passion projects" have been long out of mental reach for years. I mean, I've got a few hundred grand I could pour into ANYTHING that sounded interesting, and yet, nothing interests me any longer. I opened a gym with some partners a few years ago, they fucked up the dynamic by failing to communicate, I left with nothing but a lifetime membership when it was over and realized that no matter how well you know people/how much you trust them, ALWAYS HAVE CONTRACTS IN PLACE, PERIOD. Again, people fucking up a good thing because nobody knows how to talk things through and just end up making shitty rash decisions instead.

Been trying desperately to find anything of interest, because I genuinely LIKE working hard toward a goal on something I enjoy, just that finding things to enjoy has become a mission impossible.

I'm left feeling like the only thing I'd want to do is go back to being a jobless 20 year old skateboarder again - it was the happiest time and also the worst time, but I didn't feel numb about life as I do now.

More than anything, I think if I weren't redpilled and could go back to believing things stupidly as the masses tend to view them, I could have been much happier, but we all know this shit doesn't go in reverse, so here I am.
>>
>>18167104
>Even when you have a good life, this fucking world can still crush your soul every single day because people ruin everything and are making it a true hell on earth.

You have the final red-pill;

Even if you don't have a colossal prick of a boss to deal with, you have shitty employee's, clients, bankers, tax men, car mechanics, clumsy or lazy shopkeepers, learner drivers, drunk drivers, tractor drivers, criminals, lawyers, jews, niggers, other white people, chinks, men, women and even sometimes your own goddamn family out to screw you whichever way they can.
>>
File: 1462801100282.jpg (130KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462801100282.jpg
130KB, 900x900px
Hedonistic treadmill. Google it if you have to.

Most people are just predisposed to feeling unsatisfied no matter what. It's one of the reasons that I absolutely despise being human.

There is no permanent solution. Life just sucks when you get down to it.
>>
>>18167117
yeah, instead youre 40, successful and still miserable. rip op
i dont know if you should listen to the people on adv. 90% are probably 16-28. maybe retire (if you're that well off already, im not sure), move to a place that seems nice and detached and try to forget the worlds a shit by taking up new, productive, and time consuming hobbies (woodworking, hunting, carpentry, small or medium scale farming/gardening, shit like that) and interacting with friendly small town people in a new place.
>>
>>18167148

I've long thought that perhaps just living modestly and learning to be completely self-sufficient is the best way to go, so in a few years, if I can't find a better path, maybe the only option that works for me is to retire from society and spend my days working just to keep things going so the wife and I can stay alive on our own.

Which, of course, makes me wish I'd learned to be handy/fix stuff/build shit/etc. for all those years I fucked around. Dad was a manager in an insurance company so he had the $$$ to hire people to do whatever he needed, didn't pass much on to me for those things, but perhaps learning more of that stuff will be key to being happier knowing I could uproot and leave the world behind in a moment and still get by.
>>
>>18167159
by the way i didnt mean to offend about that 16-28 thing (im part of this demographic) but I'm just worried you might end up doing irreversible damage to your (technically) good life, especially since it sounds like you probably have a family.
>>
>>18167159

Yeah, I'm thinking this may be the way to go.

Moving further out and being alone more / being around people who are also used to being alone often and aren't complete cunts may be something necessary in the future.

The little lady may not be as fond of it, but I'm sure she can try it for a few years, who knows, maybe at some point we'll be inspired to come back to the "real world", but I'll take a few genuine decent folks over the annoying crowds who want you to be more miserable than they are any day.
>>
Can you tell me what you dead to go from a 20yo NEET to this? I'm 19 and in school, but if I were to be running a business and have a few grand in the bank by 40 I'd be pretty damn satisfied with my career
>>
have you thought of having kids?

then you won't have to think of your life anymore; it'll be all about theirs.
>>
>>18167163

Ah, it's all good. I take everything with a grain of salt.

No kids to worry about fucking up (wife and I both got stuck in the "stay kid-free and be happy!" mindset of the past, some regrets about it, but nothing that makes me feel despondent over not having any progeny to tend to since I fear they'd be as fucked up as I am one day). The wife is similar to me, difference being that I conquered my demons and after doing so, had no missions left, she does the "self-improve, self-sabotage" loop over and over so she always has something to work on for herself (possibly because she knows that once you become the person you thought you wanted to be, some of us can't find much left to get up for any longer). But, we're both to the point where our misanthropy is getting out of hand based on experiences with others these last few years, that's for sure.

Wish I were well off enough to retire now, but would need to sell off the biz first and have some new plans for residual income as well to ensure I wasn't needing to get a job in 10-15 years again when things will inevitably be even more challenging to tolerate.
>>
>>18167174

>wife had health issue in her 20s
>got over it with wacky (at the time, now mainstream) lifestyle change
>started small mail order catalog business in late 90s
>I met her, got involved, took it online with help from a friend in 2000, got in at the right time, built solid retail store with great reputation that runs itself nicely

A total combination of good fortune + hard work + believing I'd succeed no matter what.

Now, I get a wave of depression 75% of the time I walk into my office or warehouse. Being in retail used to be kind of fun, now people all think you owe them what Amazon can do for them and bitch when you tell them it's impossible to meet unrealistic expectations despite doing your best to accommodate. It's vicious, and despite still being the best at what we do, I don't really know how things will be in a few years. If 50-100 year old successful chains are going down fast these days, I can only imagine what's in store for someone like us in the next few years.

I found out first-hand, if you can afford to put your ego in check, bust your ass, take notes and listen to what people want, you can probably find your own niche and do well in business. Most people can't deal with criticism or have unrealistic expectations or make too huge of mistakes and don't get far, but being patient and having a lot of faith in your abilities can make someone go from nowhere to somewhere over the course of a few years for a business they build.
>>
>>18167181

I'm 43, she's 45, so kids are pretty much off the table now. Not to mention, the world freaks me out pretty hard and I'm worried that whatever's wrong in my head would be worse in my offspring.

I'm sure kids would have changed my world completely, just that now, it's not going to happen. Which is both depressing and a relief at the same time.
>>
>>18167163
No, its a valid concern. Our demographic isn't as experienced yet.

>>18167162
You ever thought about going into construction or into a trade? It may be a loss of income, but it could make life simpler with simple but hard work still needing done. You could eventually become a journeyman into master and probably make just as much. Become a foreman eventually if you really miss the leadership position. What do you think?

I plan to do something like this once im bored of my accounting career
>>
>>18167182
Start really saving for retirement now. If you are that well off and are also motivated by a goal make it your goal to set yourself up for life. Who knows, after you have enough put away you may feel liberated from some of the pressure of your job.
>>
>>18167195
Thanks for the advice anon, really motivated me
>>
>>18167217
>this much angst

Phew
>>
>>18167205
>You ever thought about going into construction or into a trade?

Considered it, would have to start out VERY low down, but I do find manual work to be enjoyable when I do it, and despite having been a desk jockey for 18 years now, I'm not above anything of that sort and might find it to be a nice change. Something to consider.
>>
>>18167204
>I'm worried that whatever's wrong in my head would be worse in my offspring
me too, but i still have this motivation to make them even though i know im a piece of shit and i cant help them
>>
You sound like a whingy fuck who could easily afford to go to therapy and start a new hobby.

People out there suffering from shit like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and are unable to agford treatmrnt but boohoo, you want to sell your business at 42 because some of your colleagues don't have the same political beliefs as you?

Ungrateful shits like you deserve to have everything taken from them.
>>
Do something meaningful like breeding.
>>
>>18167217

>because boohoo, your colleagues don't have the same political beliefs?

Not quite, but being 100% polar opposite of your clientele who basically think you're FUCKING HITLER because you're conservative gets really, really old after a number of years. Try it, you'll hate it.

>Because you feel that owning a business is 'too boring'?

No, but the business I'm in has lost the fun of what I used to enjoy from it, mostly due to how people have become shitty over the past decade in particular. I don't know if you've ever had to be pleasant to people who are bitching at you full-force due to the problems THEY created by not thinking/paying attention to what they do (or, things far beyond your control in other areas), but it'll drive you mad as it increases over time. I'm just sick of that part.

>You are a whingy shit trying to hide your immaturity and inability to feel happiness behind a 'Type A' personality meme

If I were "immature", I'd have offed myself and called it a day when I pondered suicide years ago. But, because I'm not a cunt, I stuck things out no matter how tough they were. Go fuck off now.

>Go to a therapist you fuck, it sounds like you can afford it.

Seen a few, nobody has been able to enlighten me on how to reframe my worldview to be able to ignore the things that make me unhappy in order to "see the good in things." Been there, done that. Any more great advice, chief?
>>
>>18167230

You delete one shitty post to refine it into something shittier? WEW LAD, you're on fire today.
>>
>>18167230
>Nobody can be unhappy because there are people who have it worse in other areas

Come on nigga, this is like Psych 101
>>
>>18167234

See above, the hands of time have pretty much ensured that due to the wife's age now, instead of having a semi-autist like myself we'd almost certainly turn out offspring that are full-blown. If it were just a few years earlier...
>>
>>18167240
Lel its a lil funny he did delete it for an even more angsty post. Goddamn, 4chan humor is best humor. Hope its still here 20 years later for my 40s
>>
>>18167250

Sometimes the absurdity is all that makes me smile. I think that guy has bigger problems than I do.
>>
>>18167243
Dunno how old your wife is, but I was born when my dad was 40 and my mom was 37, and I'm not that autistic
>>
>>18167264

Wife is 45 now, having a kid at 46-47 (if she even could at this point) is playing with fire.

My mom had me at 42, which likely explains a few things about me.
>>
>>18167268

Also forgot to mention, have been having unprotected sex with her for almost 20 years, odds are that I've been shooting blanks as well, which doesn't increase the odds of success much considering there has yet to have been an "oops" moment of unexpected pregnancy with no birth control of any form. Always agreed we'd have kids if it happened in that manner, just that it never has.
>>
>>18167268
>>18167274
Sad to hear that, hopefully it doesn't bother you two that much

Anyway, everyone's suggesting you retire/move to a small town, but I disagree. You're obviously a working man and say you like having a goal to work towards. Ever consider buying or starting a new business?
>>
>>18167278

No major regret now (some minor, though), but we're okay with it, you have to live with the choices you make.

I live in a city of 70k, nothing huge, but near Milwaukee so the "big city" isn't far off. Have been thinking of downsizing to somewhere not TOO small, but perhaps 1/2 to 1/3 current population at smallest. I'd need a lot to keep busy with if I were to move to a little one-horse town, but getting a little further out wouldn't be the worst I think.

Always interested in starting a new biz, just struggling to find what I think would make me happy again and not just be more of the same.
>>
>>18167289
Maybe it's just because I'm half your age, but if I had your money I'd spend a good amount of it on vacations, parties, clubbing, etc.

How often do your travel? I'm talking at least out of state, for recreational purposes.
>>
>>18167195
>wave of depression 75% of the time I walk into my office or warehouse.
meditate
>I'm 43, she's 45, so kids are pretty much off the table now
adopt
>>
>>18167104
You need to focus on gaining inner peace rather then trying to chase happiness.
>>
>>18167299
>He fell for the inner peace meme

See: >>18167156
>>
>>18167298
DO NOT ADOPT.

YOU ARE TOO FUCKING OLD.

Volunteer, or your adopted kids will end up crazy like me.
>>
>>18167296
>Maybe it's just because I'm half your age, but if I had your money I'd spend a good amount of it on vacations, parties, clubbing, etc.

Did a lot of that years ago, blew a lot of $$$, more interested in being prepared to retire early (goal is before 55) but am hoping to build a new empire to allow more of the fun stuff once the security part is in place.

Sadly, haven't had much urge to travel in a few years, we do monthly weekend getaways to a nice retreat we frequent that's a 90 minute drive, but definitely need to get out of state more as we used to take trips every year before we both got sick of the planning/getting shit prepared for our absence/etc. that came with more responsibility.
>>
>>18167315
Kek, at least you lived the high life at one point. Legit jealous

The retreat things sounds nice but I'd personally get bored of it after a while, you two should switch it up for sure.

At least give another vacation/roadtrip a thought, you never know how worth it it will be until you're done with all that other bullshit

I really have no tips about retiring early, maybe /biz/ can help you with that. You're pretty well off and seem smart, so you shouldn't struggle with that too much
>>
>>18167299

Been in a long attempt of trying to sort myself out, but it's fucking hard, man. Being hyper-aware and a bit of a sperg at times makes me prone to sidetracking on personal quests if there's not a clear path.

It's a toss up of some days feeling like I know there's a greater purpose for me out there, then it's followed by the feeling of "there's nothing left to do but run out the clock". When I'm on fire, I get shit done, but when I'm down about it all, I fall into a hole as I am now.
>>
>>18167321

Ah, nothing to be jealous of. I always figured if I could pull it off for a stretch being the kook I am, it's within anyone's grasp if they can focus their energies long enough to make shit happen. It's looking back on a bunch of $800 Versace shirts and shit that you never wear any longer where one day you think "it was neat I could buy that shit, but what the fuck am I going to do with these now?" that bites you in the ass one day a decade or so after that part loses lustre, then you think "If only I'd put that money into Google stock or silver bricks or some shit before it blew up, I'd be set!" that then becomes the new mindfuck. It's good to enjoy the fruits of your labor, but man, I wish I'd made some different decisions a good handful of times and just been ready to retire at 45.

Strangely, the familiar comfort of where we go to get away from it all is one of the only things I look forward to, but yes, I do need to travel more again. I think my inability to find the good in most people now makes me stay close to home vs. going far, but of course, there's good out there, I just need to take a gamble and go find it.
>>
File: 13239182.jpg (245KB, 762x960px) Image search: [Google]
13239182.jpg
245KB, 762x960px
>>18167104
>I'd really like to know what it's like to have some faith in the fucking world again and to feel there's still something of value to work toward and that it's not just all in vain where efforts will just get pissed on by people as they tend to do.

Have you tried religion?

No, I mean it mate. When you do not find light anywhere in your life, give the one light people love a go.

Sing-dance worship with the pentecostals.
Meditate, confess and sacrifice with the roman catholics.
Contemplate in awe in an orthodox service.
Think with the reformed.
Pray with the Lutherans.

If that doesn't work.

Omm with the Hindu and Buddhists.
Bow and incense with the Taoists.
Admiral Akbar with the Muslims.
Shagg with the Esoterics.
Larp with the Wiccans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7WMuf9xaoA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqIl7IB3n4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUJQx_JmtVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPOrAxGXFno

>>18167146
>because I genuinely LIKE working hard toward a goal on something I enjoy, just that finding things to enjoy has become a mission impossible.

As well then : Have you ever considered starting a welfare mission? Like literalizing a whole African village or helping t

op bring medical goods to Syria or such?
>>
>>18167334
You have such a cliche path. Young slacker decided to put some work in and made it pretty big. Got rich, partied it up, then got a nice wife and house. You're still wealthy but older and have absolutely no idea what to do with your life, and still feel unsatisfied. Feels like a plot to a bunch of movies.

But shit man, even though I'm in an entirely different situation than you and would probably trade lives in a heartbeat...if a man like you can't be happy, then money and success just isn't the answer. I don't want to sound like some Tumblr pseudo-Communist, but this is the shit that happens in a developed Capitalist society.

Like I said in my first post, Hedonistic treadmill. Life sucks I guess.
>>
>>18167337

You know, I went from being the standard edgy fedora atheist years ago to pretty much accepting myself as a deist - doctrine, dogma and ritual don't work well with me, so I've just chosen to feel a reverence for my creator and the world he made and figured that beyond that, I'm not meant to understand (or, may not be capable of understanding) much more than that.

Fully grasp that religion is a great thing for many people, but I'm odd in the sense that once I'd be expected to show up for mass, be part of anything, etc. is precisely when I'd find myself falling out of it. Tough to put into words, but I go from REALLY wanting to be part of something bigger to withdrawing into myself when expectations increase. I'm sure a therapist could tell me a lot more about that if I were to really sit and talk about that aspect.

I'm not at all averse to dedicating a larger portion of my existence to helping the less fortunate, but one issue is that my perspective has me always questioning if the efforts would actually pay off and make any real change, or, if those who claim to be "unfortunate" are actually victims of circumstance and not sometimes those who self-inflict.

Of course, war orphans and such don't have a choice, but I feel a deep futility in putting a band aid on a bullet wound caused by those who are in charge in such places.
>>
>>18167351
>Life sucks I guess.

I'm trying to avoid believing that's 100% true, since accepting that means I will pretty well give up on everything and stop trying completely.
>>
>>18167354
I'd still suggest to try one of your choosing for a while. You have nothing to lose from it than potentially a good experience.

>I'm sure a therapist could tell me a lot more about that if I were to really sit and talk about that aspect.

Then do that?

> but one issue is that my perspective has me always questioning if the efforts would actually pay off and make any real change, or, if those who claim to be "unfortunate" are actually victims of circumstance and not sometimes those who self-inflict.

Of course, war orphans and such don't have a choice, but I feel a deep futility in putting a band aid on a bullet wound caused by those who are in charge in such places.

For the individuals you'd help you'd still make a difference. For them, you'd do.

Plus the suggestion is not about "fixing africa". It is about you.
>>
>>18167357
Nah, just because life sucks doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make the most of it

Everyone' dealt a different hand. It's better to at least try to focus on the good over the bad.
>>
>>18167360
re: therapist, I've seen some, but they have tended to follow a pretty set course and do their standard fare without letting me dictate some of what I'd like to solve for the riddles of my personality and existence. It has been frustrating with a few, to say the least, so I've taken some time off from them the last few years in response.

>Plus the suggestion is not about "fixing africa". It is about you.

Deep stuff, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say it. Food for thought, most definitely, I appreciate it.
>>
>>18167363
Alright. I am happy I could provide it. Blessings and good night.
>>
>>18167362
>It's better to at least try to focus on the good over the bad.

Sure, but when I get into that place of "if it's all fucked regardless of what I do and the world is shit", I feel like there's little reason to give effort. There needs to be some incentive or belief that points toward a chance of the world having potential to get better, otherwise, it's pure hell to muster the strength to try.
>>
>>18167366

And a good night to you as well.
>>
>>18167369
Excepting that The World is shit is part of growing up. I personally take solace in how shitty the world is, as I'm also a misanthrope. This shitty species shat all over the Earth and doesn't deserve any better than what it has.

Fuck trying to make it better, let it burn. Although eventually we'll reach a place of tranhumanism that transcends the realms of all of our modern problems, althought that's another conversation.
>>
>>18167387

I'm trying NOT to be a misanthrope, but it's a challenge. I was one for a long time, but then again, that's when I said "Fuck it" and swallowed handfuls of benzos and chased them down with whiskey just because I figured that it wouldn't matter if I never woke up again. Been there, done that, trying hard to see things from a different perspective, but who knows, perhaps it all goes full circle and I'll be that guy again one day, anything is possible.
>>
>>18167104
Donate some of your money and invest in community service opportunities. I found the light in my life again through those decisions. Making differences on the individual level is the best feeling i've ever had.
>>
>>18167401
It's healthy of you to want to try to see things from a new perspective. At the end of the day, I believe in determinism, so it's not like most people have an inherent say in how evil or selfish they are. It's just how it works.
>>
I certainly all the advice/feedback/etc. from everyone this evening. I feel slightly better now, needed some different replies than those I'd usually go to griping about life, so it is all appreciated. G'night, anons, and thank you once more.
>>
>>18167104
Hey OP. I could help you out in so many ways. Could go find a job for you or be your personal slave. If you'd help me get out of this shithole and "adopt" me, I could help you out.
>>
>>18167425
Goodnight man, nice talking to you.

Have something to drink or just go out and take a walk sometime, life's too short to waste it all just trying to be happy instead of just living and being content.
>>
>>18167195
Can I ask how much money you have in your bank at this moment? I don't know what funds actually mean successful but not filthy rich.
>>
>>18167104
The world was always doomed, and it has nothing to do with libtards or conservishits.
It has to do with entropy.
Everything you will ever do, everything you COULD ever do, will eventually turn to cold lifeless cinder & be swallowed up by the end of the universe.
Same as everyone & everything else.

Just do good & live for the moment instead of worrying over the (meaningless) future.
>>
>>18167369
Stop trying to change the world, anon.
Just accept it, and your insignificant role in it.
>>
>>18167104
I feel like I'm noticing two things about you as person. You seem to have a lot of hope, expectations and faith in life itself which I think is wrong. Like you expect it is a place of abundant happiness. It's not. Don't expect anything from life. A lot of people truly find happiness in realizing this place isn't that great. You lower your expectations meaning there's more room to be satisfied with what you didn't expect to satisfy you.

Second thing, it seems like your problem stems from people mainly. It seems like although you have no problems with your life, it is brought down because you're like a blank slate; nothing causing you stress but also nothing to bring your mood up so you're susceptible to any negativity. It seems like your social circle or environment is plaguing you. If that's the case, maybe you should look for a new one. It looks like all the problems you've outlined in people- or humanity as you think- are problems with the people of our American society. Although you're not wrong in your feelings, I think it's only limited to the American continent. I believe people don't have those characteristics in different parts of the world. I believe you should surround yourself with the right people.

I don't want to say to do anything outlandish, but honestly consider maybe starting a new. Do some research and find a people you're curious about to want to explore. You seem like you're in an absolutely ideal position to do so. Maybe start off with finding those people, or potential people, and take a trip to their lands. Discover them, explore them. Maybe after a while you'll find yourself wanting to live with them permanently. You might even sprout a whole new motivation to learn their language, make money there and become an active member of their society. Who knows. Give it some thought. I wish you hadn't gone to sleep already. Good luck OP. I'll keep this thread on tab. In case you want to talk/say anything.
>>
>>18167104
Seems like you've done everything you set out to do. Its a natural reaction.
>>
>>18167243
Get a new wife. Or pay a surrogate.
>>
>>18167268
Having a 45 year old wife is probably a big component of your unhappiness. Find someone young and sexy.
>>
>>18167104
Volunteer with young people, help disadvantaged children learn how to read and write or give teenagers education/ career advice.

They're the future, and by investing your time in them you're giving yourself something to "offer" the world.
>>
>>18167146
>Again, people fucking up a good thing because nobody knows how to talk things through and just end up making shitty rash decisions instead.

You sound exactly like my 27 year old, older sister but more bitter. I think you and her have grasped a truth to life with the communiction part.

You know, they say when you have a bad drug trip you need to change the environment you're in. You sound like you seriously and thoroughly need to switch the environment to something you could actually enjoy because you're on a horror trio. I say this because all you're talking about is the environment (the people, the politics, etc.). You have a grip on yourself, so you have that part down.
I'm 25 so I don't know that feel you are talking about because I feel and feel alive. Those are just my 2 cents.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.