[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I with the wrong person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hi adv,

I'm a young-ish guy and I'm with a woman who is not really my type in terms of looks, but I decided we were a good match based on her personality. I convinced myself she was technically right for me gave in to pressure from friends/family to get engaged (I have a religious family).

The main problem is that even though we get along, our sex life is almost non-existent. I don't feel anywhere near as infatuated as I did with my ex's, so I'm not motivated for sex or activities in general. I find myself looking at other women (who are more my type) all the time and wondering what it would be like. I think my partner is OK, but the sex is so awkward and uncomfortable. I've tried to talk to her about it but nothing has changed.

If I left my partner she'd be absolutely crushed, I don't want to hurt her, and our lives would look like a joke. That's not even considering the money/time lost. But if our sex life never improves wont I just be miserable forever?

What do I do?
>>
>>18167088
stop being a pussy living your life for others is stupid. fuck who you want to fuck.
>>
>>18167088
>I've tried to talk to her about it but nothing has changed.
You need to be more upfront about the potential ramifications of shitty sex are to her. If you can't tell her that you're considering ending the relationship because of bad sex, you're not taking all the steps you should be.
>>
You first need to address one painful issue:

If you knew it was pointless:
> would you actually leave?
> would you wait for things to get worse?
> would you wait for things to get better ir onrder to justify staying?

This is the most important part because we both know that if you're not feeling OK, you should leave.

Here's a tip: things usually just get worse and the habits just grow.
>>
>>18167088
tell her that youre not satisfied sexually
>>
I'm sorry but if the sex is not compatible then the relationship won't work. Isn't that why we have a relationship? If it's not there then there is a great chance that you might stray and that's not good. Try until you can't try anymore and you know deep down what you should do and do it before marriage. You don't want to divorce, you may have a kid by then, it only takes one time to make a kid, child support ain't cheap, it's not fair to the kids.
>>
>>18167113

I don't know if I could leave. At least not yet, I do need to give it another really good go. The way you put it has helped me realize my naivety though.

>>18167143

You're right. I need to try harder before I give up, but I need to sort that out asap.
>>
>>18167088
How old are you? How religious are you? Is it important that your spouse is of the same faith, denomination, or church? Could she be uncomfortable with premarital sex? You say that you based your relationship off her personality rather than looks. Do you get along well with her, would you consider her to be a friend if you weren't engaged to her?

Also you bring up outside pressure to continue the relationship and the mobey/time lost. Wouldn't marrying a woman you don't want to marry make you a bigger joke, and waste more money/time?
Sex isn't everything, but it's definitely something, and worth thinking about. I'm going to assume that side pussy isn't going to be acceptable in your relationship. Do you want to spend the rest of your life with bad sex?
>>
File: 1395046325259.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1395046325259.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>18167088

>If I left my partner she'd be absolutely crushed

Not as crushed as she would be if you left her 10 years into your miserable marriage. Then she'd be crushed AND fucking pissed that you wasted so much of her time.

>I don't want to hurt her

And I don't want to pay my taxes or go to work but unfortunately not all choices in life are pain free.

>and our lives would look like a joke

What other people think of your life should have no bearing whatsoever on whether or not you do the right thing. Doing things that make you unhappy to appease your family is ridiculous.

>That's not even considering the money/time lost

This mindset is so confusing to me. So lets say instead of girlfriend you were at a job that you didn't like and you'd been there for a few years. Would you ever say "Well, I've been here for a long time so I can't quit or else that time will have been lost."

How the hell is the fact that you've already wasted time as a justification for wasting MORE time?

>But if our sex life never improves wont I just be miserable forever?

The fact of the matter is you don't want to marry this woman but due to your weakness of character you've allowed other people and forces influence you into doing something you don't want to do. Now you're trying to weasel out of it without anyone's feelings getting hurt or being mad at you and it really highlights your lack of a spine, OP.

Grow some fucking balls and take your life into your own hands. Anyone who describes their partner as "OK, but terrible in bed" shouldn't be getting married and you know that.

Man up, OP. Do the right thing and quit wasting your time. After your family is dead and gone you're going to be stuck with this woman they pressured you into marrying and its going to suck being 40 and realizing you sacrificed your youth and chances at young love just to make some stuck up religious cunts people happy.
>>
>>18167176
I consider myself normal, I just have a lot of very religious friends who kept nudging me to do it. They even helped with the surprise on the day.

Yeah, we get along pretty well. If the sex was better things might be ok.
>>
Read about the red pill. Women like to be dominated by strong men and men like to dominate any woman they can. Polarity in relationships is good and shows women they made the right choice. A dominant man can get people to do what he wants, which means he can acquire resources and protect his family. She wants you to take the reins.

If you lift, eat healthy, get enough sleep, practice mindfulness so you don't get stuck wading the marches of other people's advances on you, you will get better at being a leader.
>>
>>18167197

Anon, thank you for this. I needed to hear it this way.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.