[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I Handle The Situation Correctly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Did I Handle The Situation Correctly? So I was working at a restaurant with this one bitch. This bitch was constantly hating at me and being physical, anyways one day she throws a cheese grater at me. I get real fucking fed up and pissed and throw it back at her face. She gets all mad and says " AW HELL NAH NIGGA! " she than starts rushing at me aggressively. I get into full defense mode and put my forearm around her neck against a wall and I grab a knife from the counter and point it at her eye. Everyone starts looking at me like I'm crazy and one guy says " Wtf nigga? "( It's a very ghetto restaurant ). Anyways I don't get fired and I don't get charged for any crimes, but everyone thinks I'm messed up. So did I do the right thing?

>inb4 you say " why not talk to management? " like I said very ghetto restaurant, in fact the manager saw this shit multiple times and never did anything about it.

Restaurant looked like pic related.
>>
You did good for not taking anybodys shit. Maybe lose the knife act next time.. Unless your up against a dindu silverback.
>>
Nigs gonna nig
>>
>>18166242
Bitch was fat, like huge fat. So yeah I was up against a silverback.
>>
>>18165885

once it reached the level of throwing kitchen tools, control of the situation was already lost.

At that point, even if they saw her throw it, you're kind of in a no-win situation and your only job is to protect yourself from injury until the situation is controlled again. If the outcome was neither of you got hurt, then that was the best you could have hoped for.

but if i were you, no matter how ghetto the place is, even an angry bitch doesn't just suddenly start throwin shit without some kind of provocation (no matter how shitty a reason) so I would start trying to be more situationally aware going forward, and stop it before this level.
>>
That's a pretty fucked up thing you did, I'm with your coworkers on the issue of you being messed up.
>>
>>18166312

i'd be more concerned with the circle of people who thought it was any less fucked up that a large person throws metal things, and charges people at the workplace.
>>
>>18166348
People die of being stabbed, not by being hit with cheese graters or run at you fucking moron.
>>
>>18165885
>Anyways I don't get fired and I don't get charged for any crimes, but everyone thinks I'm messed up. So did I do the right thing?

Yes.

People know not to mess with you.

If what you wanted was just to do your job in peace, 'gratz.

And so far, no negative consequences other than people being wary as fuck (as they should be, around people they don't know well to be honest with you, mate).

Though, this will not always be the case. If you're old enough to have a job, you're old enough to have charges pressed.

Next time, take it up with the manager, if the manager ignores, then take it higher up than them. Do it in writing, or email so you have records.
If no effort is made to fix the issue or even get back to you, any lawyer would happily take that easy win (though, the issue now is that you may have a reputation for a history of violence... something that could come back to bite you so you'll want to disclose it to a lawyer ASAP if you do get to the point of lawsuits).
>>
>>18166381

yes, but he didn't grab it to cause her harm, he did it to issue a threat of a level of harm to make his attacker stop.

there is a wild degree of difference between the two.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.