[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to become more self-aware?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1490360417706.jpg (1MB, 1432x1757px) Image search: [Google]
1490360417706.jpg
1MB, 1432x1757px
I have virtually no idea how people perceive me and sometimes it makes me worry that the public perception of myself isn't good.

Is it possible to get a better grasp on this sort of thing, or is it something everybody has to deal with and I just need to learn to deal with it?
>>
>>18165874
Mindfulness training
>>
>>18165874
Uh usually friends give you an idea how others perceive you, try getting one of those
>>
>>18165890
I guess I don't really know how.

I invited one of my work "friends" over one day to smoke and hang out once when she was having a bad day but she didn't come. Since then I haven't been so confident in asking people to spend time with me.
>>
>>18165890
>>18165902
And another time I asked one of my work friends what he was doing that say and he just texted back "not hanging out with you lmao"
>>
>>18165909
Oh yeah and then he told me to get a life.

This is starting to look pretty bad, isn't it?
>>
>>18165909
>>18165939
Are you some kind of pretentious asshole? Anyways you should have asked that guy why, he would have probably given you an answer.
>>
>>18165985
I don't think so.

It's hard to know if he was even being serious because that's how he jokes with people, but all teasing can be traced back to how people actually feel. However, we didn't end up doing anything that day so there you go.

But we did do stuff together before that like go see a couple movies but that is the friendship equivalent of two strangers quietly sitting in a waiting room. I always tried to invite him to do more stuff after and he always needed to go vacuum his dog or some other made up nonsense. In retrospect I think his mom was making him spend time with me because she felt bad for me or something.

Suffice it to say I don't consider him a friend anymore.
>>
self awareness is my curse OP don't do it
>>
>>18166451
How can you possibly get better without it?
>>
>>18166455
constant self-critique is a shattering experience and makes you worse of than you were... progress is made in the context of silencing those voices
>>
>>18165874
Try mdma once and mushrooms once. This will open your mind
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.