[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She's Amazing But I'm so Fucking Bored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: POS.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
POS.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
We've been together four years. She's altruistic, kind, smart, funny... Just overall an angel of a person.

But god dammit I'm bored. Every little thing she does irritates me (which is my fault, she's not an irritating person), I dont have nearly as much fun as I used to when we're together.

To top it all off she's not as attractive as when we started dating. She was easily a 7.5/10 when she was 17, but now she barely passes as a 6.

The issue arises when I consider the fact (yes fact) that she's the best I'm ever going to get.

It would take paragraphs upon paragraphs to explain just how wonderful of a person she is, both to me and the other people around her.

Is this just how relationships are after 4+ years? God I feel like shit for feeling the way I do.
>>
>>18165764
No, it isn't normal.

Even if she's objectively perfect, you clearly don't like her enough.
Why don't you? Is there something you can fix together? Do you resent her for something? Do you share interests?

If it's something that won't be fixed, don't waste her time. She's 21 and you're probably around her age - you can find someone else who is maybe objectively worse but is a great fit for you.
>>
>>18165764

Is she boring or is the relationship boring? The latter is faxable if you both make the effort, the first might be a problem.
>>
>>18165773
>Is it something you can fix together?
I have zero complaints about her (other than the attractiveness drop, but hey, looks atrophy, I understand)

>>18165777
Maybe she's a tad boring, but it's primarily the relationship.
>>
>>18165773
>shared interests
Sorry, forgot to address.
We both actively show interest in each other's activities, even though we dont necessarily love each other's hobbies.
>>
>>18165787
>>18165789

Well, what's so boring about the relationship?
>>
>>18165819
Sorry to be vague, but the things we do just arent fun anymore.

We'll try new things here and there, but even then it just seems stale.

I've rarely got anything to say to her. It seems like we run on small talk/her telling me unnecessary details about her day.
>>
>>18165834
I suppose I just dont love being around her anymore.

I'm such a mediocre person, I know I'll never get anyone near as good.

Maybe I should untrap her from this relationship, work on being less of a piece of shit, and try to find someone else.

I dunno, I just dont see things getting better if I stay with her, and I dont see things getting better if we break up.
>>
>>18165864

Have you addressed this problem with her? Generally, when a relationship faces a difficult times, you talk about them with your partner, rather than a bunch of strangers on the internet.
>>
Did she gain weight?
Did she let herself go?
Do you think you'd get that spark back if she worked on her looks?
>>
>>18165870
She's not going to know why I feel how I feel.
She'll just be hurt and sad.

I was hoping someone out there could tell me what the fuck was wrong with me.

Additionally, her dad just went to jail. She's absolutely destroyed about it. For the sake of not giving her more to worry about, I'm gonna hold off on any bombs.
>>
>>18165877
Yeah and yeah. Not monumentally so, but both are a yes.

The sex is still pretty damn good, honestly. Would things improve if she got a little fitter? Probably. Is it the primary issue? No.
>>
>>18165891
both of you should take lsd together
>>
>>18165879

I rather meant that what if she's feeling the same way? A relationship is a two way road, if you are feeling miserable in it, then who's to say she doesn't feel the same. If you talk about it together, you might seek to find a solution together and might address what has changed in your relationship to make it less satisfying. In the end, she knows you better than anyone here could and she knows your relationship better than anyone here does. You're really seeking the answers in teh wrong place, she might very well be the only person besides yourself who might have a hunch why you're feeling like this. If you just dump her out of the blue, that's hardly going to make her feel any less hurt or sad.
>>
>>18165916
I would never end things without thoroughly talking everything over.

I've told her that sometimes I'm not that happy with "us" (I downplayed it so that maybe she'd open up if she felt the same way)

She got pretty upset about it and explained that I make her incredibly happy, and loves me very much.
>>
>>18165916
>>18165934
Ha, look at that, just got this text from her:

"I love you and you make me really happy and even though it's only monday, I already cant wait until I see you again next weekend"

God I'm such a piece of shit.
>>
>>18166000

Dude, make a move while you still can; 4 years is a while, granted, but it's much better to sort this out before you guys get married and start a family, etc.

Take a breather, collect your thoughts and do something about your relationship. Talk it out with her. You'll be glad you did when you've done it

Good luck
>>
>>18166231
Thank you dude.

I'll do that. Just gotta wait for the whole "my dad just went to jail thing and it's really goddamn upseting" thing blows over.
>>
>>18166255
*thing to blow over
>>
>>18166255
>>18166276

Don't make it too much of an excuse though; a couple weeks would suffice

Otherwise you'll just get lazy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.