[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationship Ennui

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1041.jpg (3MB, 4705x3265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1041.jpg
3MB, 4705x3265px
When do you know when to break up, given your significant other hasn't done anything in particular per se, but has a pattern of behaviors and life goals that seem very dissimilar to yours and it's harder and harder to find the magic in talking to them, holding their hand, doing favors for them, seeing their smile...
>>
After you talk to them the way you posted here, telling them how you truly feel. Long relationships tend to get boring after a while, and we sometimes get confused in the virtue of our passions. Make sure you are truly aware of your feelings, cause It may be just temporary emotional crisis, and you may regret your decision otherwise. Are you interested in someone, or willing to be single and mingle?
>>
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate you taking time to advise me.

I agree that it's difficult to trust my emotions - I have felt this way before, and things turned out fine. School has been stressful and we have been dating for a long time.

The thing I'm worried about is, It almost seems that I have these feelings all the time, and they just happen to reign at the forefront of my thoughts during tough times with her.

These barbs that make me resent dating her are not the kind of thing I feel I can't reasonably ask her to change - they're things like being much less 'ascetic' than I am (in terms of frugality, health, studying, etc.) and a differing sex drive. Letting go and not growing annoyed by her differences from me is becoming increasingly difficult. I just feel as though this desire to break free is always prowling in my mind. She loves me so much. She cares about me. She is so kind. Agh. So conflicted.

I know if I wait these hard times out, things will be ok again, but I think just 'ok' - not happy, exciting, probably just ok.

I'm not interested seriously in anyone else. I think I would be ok with being single, but I would also be ok with staying with her. I'm at a strange crossroads.
>>
>>18164950
you should listen to your heart i know it sounds cheesy. but it seems like there has to be a change either in the relationship or by a break up. do you see each other too often?
>>
>>18165069
Being honest in this case would allow you to ask for some time alone to think and to figure things out.
A break will be hurtful for her, but feeling you distant and not knowing the reason why would affect her way more.
I've been in a similar situation and I can assure you that what hurt me the most was seeing my SO afraid of opening up with me.
Talk about it to her.
>>
By the things you post i think you should give it a bit more time, cause you sound just bored. Do you do the things for her that you wish she would done for you? Are you honest with her or you play moody cards when you feel at the 'crossroads'? Do you do drugs? Also what is your age difference?
>>
>>18165079
Yes, we see each other almost daily, mostly from working on homework together - though honestly I don't think we help each other much. Perhaps a little more distance is necessary?

>>18165099
You're right, I need to have courage. I will keep the way she sees me being more distant in mind, thank you.

>>18165102
I always strive to be completely selfless with her except in the fact that she is my main confidant when I feel worthless and incompetent - but she's been so stressed I feel like I can't share as much of that stuff. Maybe I've been too selfless? Like I subtly think of the balance of effort put into the relationship as unfair because I always try to go above and beyond.

I will admit I act moody at these 'crossroads'. I don't do drugs, and we're both 21 years old.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.