[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got dumped because of communication?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1490112403766.png (713KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490112403766.png
713KB, 512x768px
Do you guys believe this? Girl dumped me for another guy because she said I didn't talk to her enough. But she never said "hey I feel like we're not talking enough", or "what's wrong?". We talked a few weeks earlier(I went to her) and told her that I felt I was becoming a little quiet and that I was struggling with some depression. She said it was fine and that she still loved me. So I felt secure that she understood why I was like that at the time and took time for myself. But then when I came back, she said "you didn't talk to me for three weeks". Which is true, but only in the sense that we didn't talk or hang out as often as we used too. I've been feeling very guilty about this, but learned that she found a new guy only a week after we'd last talked. Did she just like this guy now and try to guilt me to get out? Or as I wrong in taking time for myself, even though I told her I needed it?
>>
>>18164755
I know you want closure anon, but honestly its not worth trying to decode why she broke up with you.

And knowing the reason won't probably make you feel better either.

So just try move on from it, because anyone who breaks up with you is not good enough for you anyway!
>>
>>18164763
Fair counter point. It's just a fucking baffling situation though. I've never liked a girl, wanted to be with her or was with her and never said "Hey, are you and I okay?" or lost my composure when she wanted her space. Maybe I'm just not "clingy" or something? I don't know. The reason I'm trying to figure it out is so I can learn if what I did was okay or not for the next girl.
>>
>>18164790
Well i dont think not talking to your girlfriend for 3 weeks is very good...
Even if you need your own space and time, at least texting them asking how they are once a week is a good idea.
However it sucks that she couldn't just give you a few weeks and wait it out, but some girls are just more clingy and need more attention.

Probably don't do the same thing to the next girl though :/
>>
>>18164799
Well we did text in that time frame(not as often obviously) and she'd be like "Are you okay?" and I'd say "Yeah" and things along those lines. Like I went out of my way to sit her down and tell her that this had nothing to do with us. She did tell me that she "needs" to be in relationships though in the beginning, so I have a gut feeling that she felt that I didn't want to be with her and was trying to ghost her. But that's why I also went out of my way to talk to her about trust and all of those things often. I thought she trusted me, I thought she believed in us and I thought she'd remember all of the things I'd done and with her. Ugh.
>>
>>18164806
How long were you guys together for ?
>>
>>18164811
About 3 months? Her bf had broken up with her a month prior and I'd suggested that she take time to process it first before we did anything. I've known her for years though,
>>
>>18164821
3 months of dating is too short for not talking much for 3 weeks. There's no "trust" when you just dated for 3 months. It's not weird that she would find another guy while you're unavailable if she thought you ghosted her. Honestly the situation is just bad. It's not like you could do anything about it, but what she did was pretty logical too.
>>
>>18165403
We have been friends for a few years though and I did sit her down and talk to her about having the problems that were weighing down on me. I am not the kind of guy to ever ghost someone and she always talked positively about me and my character. I don't know what to do at this point. We talked and I told her that I couldn't be friends with her because I liked her a lot and we ended things well. But it's just weird right now and she never made an attempt to ask me if we were okay.
>>
>>18165525
>I am not the kind of guy to ever ghost someone

But that's what you did to her.
also

>she never made an attempt to ask me if we were okay.

This goes directly in opposition with

>>18164806

>and she'd be like "Are you okay?" and I'd say "Yeah"

She asked you for more communication and you didn't really give it to her. It was a short relationship, so she got over it quickly. You need to work through your depression before getting in another relationship OP.
>>
>>18165562
I didn't. Did you not see the part where I sat down with her in the preceding weeks and talked to her about why I was the way I was? And I was with her through a serious depression that she dealt with and never took it personally. There was a time where she didn't talk to me for an entire week and since we knew each other well, I knew that she just wanted some space because she was having a falling out with her dad. Eventually I came to her, asked her what was wrong and if she wanted to talk about it. And we did. Then she was happy again and our relationship continued.

The thing that bothers me is that as I said, yes she texted me in those three weeks. But it was only very yes or no texts."Are you okay?" and I'd say "yes". The reason why is because I'd talked to her, told her what was going on. So when shed ask if I'm fine, I took it as *us* being fine.

She knew that I wasn't in a great place and it wasn't a depression, it was just a very difficult time and I didn't want to be around people really. I've known her for years, she knows me and I know her. Why not come and say something to me or text and ask if *we* were okay if she had doubts? I had this conversation with her too back in Novemeber and said that communicatiom is important, but that I was bound to make mistakes just as I'm sure she was. But that she should come to me for answers if she wanted to know something.

She didn't. And like I said, when I confronted her about this, she said "You weren't talking to me" and that doesn't explain why *she* didn'[t put an effort to try and sit me down. I'm just frustrated because I had a period of weakness, yes; but I thought we were on the same page about supporting each other. When we fought about this after, she told me that she found someone "Who didn't pull that kind of shit".

I'm just really hurt and when I asked her why she'd jump to such a terrible conclusion after everything, and she said she had been drunk and thought the guy was cute. Fuck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.