[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else here believe in soul mates? I know I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0640.jpg (30KB, 242x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0640.jpg
30KB, 242x285px
Does anybody else here believe in soul mates?

I know I never did until very recently. I have been talking to a girl I met through a very good friend for many months, and I knew instantly that we were destined to be together. Something about the way we interacted and talked with each other. It felt like I had know her very intimately in another life or something.

Fast forward to last night when we finally decided to meet up for the first time on our own. All I can say is the second we made physical contact, it was like a switch was flipped. I've never felt that relaxed or absolutely at peace as I did when we were together.

I've been in multiple relationships before, and I can truly say I've never felt such and intimate and overwhelming connection to someone else before.

Anybody felt the same or had a similar experience?
>>
>>18164575

>Does anybody else here believe in soul mates?

No. Infatuation is a strong chemical reaction in your brain that can occur in one person or between two people but human beings have neither the intelligence, perspective or reasonable insight into the future to accurately know if someone is their "soul mate". If "destiny" does exists than our feeble monkey minds are still incapable of understanding its implications.

The only thing you can accurately know is that you're really really intensely attracted to her. That's fine but the rest is just hope. Hope is good but it still isn't a cosmic connection. Its just your brain playing tricks on you.
>>
>>18164575
Yes. The magic died a couple months in. That sort of passion usually burns itself out over a relationship... Not always though, I'vve seen it mature into a sustainable partnership too. It's usually however the relationships that are forged over time that stand the test threrof in my humble experience
>>
>>18164575
No, think about it critically for a few minutes you brainlet.
>>
>>18164575

generally no, and especially no if you're not a spiritual minded person. Otherwise, your interpretation of soul has no meaning to bring to bear in the idea of destiny.
>>
I do and I'm still looking for my soul mate.
>>
soul mate aka super rare 10/10 girls you may or may not ever find
>>
>>18164575
sure, with two girls at least
One of them was my gf for a year as well, then we remained on good terms and understanding
>>
I don't believe in soulmates as such. There are billions of people on this earth and the chance of the one person you connect with living within a thousand miles of you would be so small, only a minute number of people would ever meet theirs.

I do believe there are certain people who you can share amazing chemistry and bonds with though. I imagine it's quite rare as well, although perfectly likely to happen to the average person at least once in a lifetime.

You obviously have good chemistry with this person, but you also don't really know them. You haven't seen their flaws, their darkest thoughts and secrets or anything negative about them. You only have a very superficial knowledge of them and any infatuation you have can disappear quickly once you get to know someone or see their true self, no matter how intense it is in the beginning.

So yeah, it sounds really positive, but what you're experiencing is merely infatuation. Go with it and see what develops but don't put it on a pedestal.
>>
>>18166216
This.

Very well said.
>>
Yes but the this so "soul mate" is never sexually attracted to you and is fine fucking someone else.
>>
>>18164575

I don't believe in soul mates really, but I do believe there are people who resonate with each other better than others. It boils down to similar outlooks, world views, attitudes, values, principles, etc. until it's sort of like living inside each other heads, because your views on life and surrounding world are so similar.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.