[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: georgia_tech_yellow_jackets.png (10KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
georgia_tech_yellow_jackets.png
10KB, 800x800px
Got denied from Georgia Tech, was pretty much expected, but I don't know what college I should go. I plan on transferring to Georgia Tech in 2018, and I have two schools in mind to attend freshmen year: Georgia Gwinnett College (Low Tier) and Georgia State (OK Tier).

GGC is really close to home, I expect it to be easier and tuition is cheaper, and there's GSU further away closer to Tech and much more expensive. Should I even consider GSU? For the frank chance that I fuck it up and I don't get accepted into Georgia Tech and I had to stay here? Or should I take the cheap and easy street and hope I get in at the end of the year.

I plan on going into a Math major if that matters to anything.
>>
>>18163345
There used to be regent's transfer acceptance guarantee b/w the two-year and four-year schools. As long as you meet the class and gpa requirements after 2 years, then you would have guaranteed acceptance into GT. They had it with GPC so I'm sure there is still some sort of program available like this.

It really doesn't matter which route you take there, just be sure to verify all your credits will transfer. However, if you're have to take out student loans, then the cheaper route is really the way to go.

If GSU is your backup plan, IMO, a math degree from GSU can not compare to a GT math degree. Even UGA's math program is not equivalent to GT's.

Don't give up if this is what you really want and good luck!
>>
>>18163468
Thanks! I will have to look deeply at how much its going to cost me, debt is my biggest fear coming from lower class home. And I don't want debt from a college I expect leave.

Also, I hear so much about transferring over two years, according to Georgia Tech I just apply next year. Should I go for it? Or should I wait to complete my requirements in two years?
>>
>>18163712
Don't hold back or wait- go for it next year! There's nothing to lose, and the GAT could just be your plan c.
>>
>>18163751
>GAT
General Achievement Test? What?
>>
>>18163916

sorry, I meant whatever the guaranteed acceptance program is called
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.