[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

autistic dating problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: autesm.jpg (13KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
autesm.jpg
13KB, 300x246px
>be me
>average depressed and lonely neet
>haven't been in a relationship for years
>suddenly have someone special pop into life
>yes i met them online
>we click right away
>literally feels as though we knew each other for a while now
>start talking more
>turns out they only live 2-3 hours away
>make plans to meet up whenever we're both free
>so for now all we do is text and shit
>everything seems like it's going too good to be true
>here comes the bad
>our conversations start being repetitive
>i can tell they're getting bored
>try to keep it going but fails
>send help
i really like this person anons, but i just don't know what to do to keep things interesting...i know a lot of you here say that messaging should only be to arrange dates or else it gets tiring fast but i'm scared this person's going to ditch me and i don't want that to happen

so any advice would be appreciated, thanks
>>
bump

why is genuinely liking someone so fucking painful :-)
>>
>>18163280
Try to draw out her interests if you haven't already. Find something you guys both enjoy, and if you guys are comfortable with it, try webcamming or something. Letsgaze lets you both watch youtube while camming, so you can turn it into like a social thing.
>>
>>18163280
Also why haven't you met up yet?
>>
>>18163334
he's really into gaming and stuff so we've talked about that and played together but then it just suddenly stopped? and actually i also mentioned we should watch things together and we were going to do that but then he decided not to last minute rip, at least i tried

and we haven't met yet because he's busy with work most of the time i guess
>>
>>18163361
Sorry for assuming gender.

Does he really have no free time to meet up with you? If I were in his position I would have cleared at least a day off as a 2-3 hr drive is nothing. It seems like you two need to meet in order to reaffirm his attraction to you.

Would it be possible for you to travel to him? If so, perhaps tell him that you'll be in town on some other business and that you two should grab coffee or a quick bite. If he insists that he can't make time then I would begin to doubt his interest.
>>
>>18163280
Thats why you stop texting the moment you have a date OP and also why you keep texting short as fuck.

Scarcity is attractive to girls,clinginess and easiness isnt. Be a challenging mountain not a casual walk in the park.
>>
>>18163361
Also what game did you guys play?

I play games with my gf (both online and when we're together) but we have wildly different experiences when we play csgo vs a casual game for example.
>>
>>18163390
>>18163397
i'll try to bring up me going to visit him, him not having to waste gas and just sitting and waiting for me to come on over should be enough to convince him right? if he still says no to that then welp i guess that's it kek

we've been playing casual games which i get could turn boring for him quick especially since he's played them so much more than me, told me we should try out some other games too but then he didn't bring it up again
>>
>>18163393
but what if i'm the girl here? what do
>>
>>18163474
>>18163476
>>18163474
>>18163476
Yeah definitely try to see if you can finally meet, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps he's become disinterested or has met someone IRL.

Anyway, I think what the other anon says applies to men and women alike. When people show that they're too clingy/chatty/"easy" it can be a turn off for many. Playing hard-to-get so to speak, not for the purpose of being childish but rather to intrigue and leave others wanting more.

Regardless of his interest in you, if there's going to be any progress ya gotta meet.

Also maybe take initiative, maybe he's just a little bit beta.
>>
>tfw me and my autismo bf sent page long messages to eachother for a year before dating

You gotta find someone who clicks with you, gets your humour, gets all hype about the same things. Maybe call .
>>
>>18163833
Well, fuck.
Be honest, did you just make him his friend? Did he orbit you? Did you have any other bfs before him?

Asking all this shit for a friend of mine. He's chasing an ass way outta his league.
>>
>>18164227
We were friends for a year and both too shy to ask each other out haha. All the other guys interested in me would just get creepy too fast or lust over me which was boring and gross but my bf was different and actually kept up intellectual conversations and cared about what I had to say.

I had one boyfriend before him that only lasted a week because he asked me for sex and I said no and he dumped me haha.
>>
I went through something similar except we talked for about 3 years over Skype and text until they finally flew out to meet me and lived together for a little while. Half way across the world, not three hours away, but we still made it work. All you've got to do it stop worrying about whether things are getting boring and just continue to be you, sharing with them your day to day and letting it be a natural progressive relationship not something forced. They're talking to you for a reason, so unless you fuck up terribly, they won't just drop you out of boredom.
>>
>>18164265
this made me feel a whole lot better because i was already thinking i must've fucked it up completely, thank you for sharing this...i actually don't do much in my life at the moment which is why i rarely have any day to day things to share with anyone, maybe i'll have to use this as motivation to finally get out there and experience new things

thank you again anon and thank you to everyone else who's given advice
>>
>>18164277
Good luck, anon. Overthinking is our greatest downfall when it comes to these types of things so just keep doing you and try not to stress over hypotheticals.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.