[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 7_dosage.png (54KB, 439x225px) Image search: [Google]
7_dosage.png
54KB, 439x225px
I need some advice...

I think I need to be prescribed Vyvanse and Zoloft. do I just straight up tell the shrink I want to be prescribed that or do you think the psychologist will think I'm faking?

the psychologist I want to see specializes in adult add. should I go with him or find another one???

how do I go about telling a shrink I have ADD and anxiety problems?

everytime I am about to call and make an appointment I get severe anxiety and think he will just tell me I'm lieing and the reason I am failing at life is because I am lazy and an underachieving loser

I have wanted to go a Psychologist for about 2 years now but keep putting it off or forgetting about it or basically dialling the number and pussying out and not calling

what have your experiences been like?

and here's a little backstory read it or don't but please help me.

>I'm 21 y/o and I believe I have add as well as anxiety problems
>my father is a big conspiracy theorist infowars believer and thinks all drugs are evil
>I grew up with all the signs and symptoms of ADD
>constantly feel hyper
>constantly being called lazy and an underachiever even though I have always tried
>always trying to do a million things but can't seem to finish one
>constantly being told I was rude and to shut up because I talked to much and interrupted people
>>
File: zoloft.png (66KB, 275x180px) Image search: [Google]
zoloft.png
66KB, 275x180px
>>18163066
>graduated with a 3.7 cuz my friends would just let me copy all their assignments
>got into a decent university
>failed out cuz I always forgot about my assignments and did not fully finish them or just always forgot about going to class
>have been working construction for the last 2 years and went from a ground guy to an installer
>constantly make stupid mistakes or forget to do something stupid
>boss is patient and keeps telling me if I stopped making stupid mistakes and started to talk more he would give me a 3 dollar raise up to 20/hour (I always keep my mouth shut cuz it's just a matter of time before someone tells me to shut up)
>whenever he tries to teach me something new I always forget or fuck it up
>lately I have lost all my friends because I work 70-80 hours a week
>anytime I try to make new friends I get anxious because I know eventually they'll think I'm a lazy loser
>I haven't had a girlfriend since my last one broke up with me senior year because "I talked to much, and was always busy doing nothing" as well as a bunch of other insults about how awful of a person I was and how lazy I am
>now I don't even try and talk to any girls

>I want to go back to college but need to get my mental shit sorted out
>I want to study this time before I retake my SAT (first time I only got a 1680 without studying)
>maybe go to community college for 2 years first

please bros any help tips or stories about how going to the shrink played out for you would be great
>>
>>18163066
bump
>>
>>18163066
>>18163068
>>18163089
bump
>>
>>18163093
>>18163089
>>18163068
>>18163066
>>
>>18163100
>>18163093
>>18163089
>>18163068
>>18163066
bumperoni
>>
>>18163066
>>18163068
>>18163089
>>18163093
>>18163100
>>18163107
>>18163115
how many bumps does a guy need
>>
>>18163066
go to a doctor. duh
>>
>>18163066
Don't straight up ask for it. Tell the doctor your problems, see what he says. The doctor is probably the least likely person to tell you off unless you're obviously lying to him.

I went to a shrink who made me take a bunch of tests, then the doctor prescribed Vyvanse 30mg. Getting an appointment was the worst part, it took 2-3 months.
>>
So I'm a doc (can provide proof if you want).

It's stupidly easy to be given an SSRI of some kind (they all work pretty similarly). Just talk about how you are depressed. Do not confide active suicidal plans or we have to follow that shit up. But you can express ideations like, "I wish I weren't here anymore" or "if I were dead, I'd be okay with that".

You'll get an SSRI.

The ADHD? Here are your trigger words:

-Repetitive tasks are very difficult for me to concentrate on.

-I feel like I'm being run by a motor all the time and I'm on the go

-I'm having trouble staying focused for even simple tasks and its' starting to affect my ability to do well in school/work

-Distractions, like other people talking or noise, routinely interrupt my tasks.

He may simply prescribe you on something first line (Vyvanse is not first line, concerta or adderall is first line) or might go straight to the V.

Good luck.
>>
>>18164278
thank you

>>18164318
thanks the other anon said that I shouldn't ask for vyvanse but what's your opinion? what if tell him I've done my own research and believe vyvanse is a better choice?

I do actually have all of those symptoms you described but would I just be making an ass out of myself if I said I wanted vyvanse instead of concerta or adderall? because I am no doctor I just have been reading online that vyvanse is better and safer
>>
>>18164278
>>18164278
oh and what kind of tests? cuz everything I've read online said they're is no definitive test
>>
>>18164278
>>18164318
oh and finally I'll be at work for the next 12 hours I'll try to check this at lunch if I take one
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.