[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I move to /adv/? And why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 20170323_122912_lq.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_122912_lq.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
Where should I move to /adv/? And why?
>>
>>18162932
That's a personal question and we don't know your circumstances (career, what climate you like, etc.)'
>>
File: eOCrEfH.png (240KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
eOCrEfH.png
240KB, 500x382px
Not Missouri
>Why
because it's where young folks dreams go to die.
Well, that applies to basically all of the midwest. They lure you in with that cheap cost of living and then you're stuck in their trap forever because you'll get too comfy having all nice things and big house that downgrading for a more fun area seems too shitty.
>>
>>18162938
I work in IT and like cool - warm weather. I prefer rain but I'm not picky. Just interested in y'alls input. I'm interested in being in a bigger city again. I just moved back from Austin, Texas
>>
>>18162956
Hey I'm in IT and will be moving out there soon after I graduate.

Really with IT you can go to any major city. Find the one with that climate and have at it.
>>
>>18162961
Austin is super cool, you'll love it. I've been thinking of Portland, Oregon and have also been told good things of Washington. My dream is San Diego but that cost of rent tho
>>
>>18162971
Don't go to any bay area place unless you're making at least $100K+. I have a few friends in Portland and Seattle. They seem to like it and are doing very well in IT there.

Thanks for the heads up though, I visit Austin frequently, lots of stuff to out there and I'm used to the Texas heat so no big deal. Lots of jobs too. Pretty excited.
>>
>>18162956
I'm moving to Dallas in a couple years.
Is Texas as bad as everyone says?
Will my left leaning (but not radical) family survive?
>>
>>18163054
I've been told by several people including those in Texas that pretty much the only good part about Texas is Austin, which Austin is great indeed. I haven't experienced anything else aside from Austin for myself so I can't confirm, just relaying their warnings.
>>
>>18163054
No Texas is fine. Don't listen to the memes. It's just hot and hot and humid if you're near the coast, lots of fat people, and guys have a hard on for giant trucks (yet are never hauling anything.)

I like it, just not the current area I'm in. The further west you go the better. Rivers, actual terrain, and great hiking.
>>
>>18163078
Yeah that's what I've been told. I'm the missouri fag up top, I've lived in the St. Louis area all my life, which is like, the beacon of blue in an otherwise red state. Which I've told Austin is Texas's St. Louis lol.

>>18163087
> guys have a hard on for giant trucks (yet are never hauling anything.)
Good god I went to school in southern MO and I swear to god these fucks wish they were Texas. I'm used to the dumb fuckery that is the giant 6 wheel'd trucks double parked everywhere because "the parking spaces are just too small :("

Suppose I'm also not happy to go to a state that is essentially the size of a whole European country either. I think it sucks enough having to drive 2-3 hours just to get out of Missouri and into another state lol.
>>
>>18162932
California, because it's cheap and all the people are wonderful and lovely here!
>>
>>18163372
I agree with the last part, but it is definitely not which is why I'm not there
>>
>>18163532
Not cheap*
>>
Ur mums
>>
>>18162932
Move to Pakistan. nice weather, cool people, neat culture. Lots of jo..cool people.
>>
>>18162932
didn't read comments, but NOT pic related.

lived here for 17 years. the roads are shitty all winter and the gender balance is all fucked up from the military boys, if you're trying to date.

lots of jobs tho.
>>
>>18162932
also i've done the incline, which i see in your pic, like three hundred times. not braggin or anything. but i did. best time was about 30 minutes.
>>
>>18164671
Where is it then? Hmm.
>>
What about Minnesota? Anyone live there who has some advice to throw in?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.