[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First date structure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1397229313303.gif (2MB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
1397229313303.gif
2MB, 400x373px
I'm going on the first date since high school (~4 years ago) and need a couple of quick pointers.
It's the coffee date I've made, all others have been bowling, movies, ice skating etc.

When I show up, should I get my coffee and wait at a table? Should I wait before ordering?

Also how do I make sure not to turn it into an interview and ask her a million questions?
This is my first "adult" date so I have nothing to work with, every other date before this was with someone I met from school or work.

Not really nervous just a little unsure, if that makes sense.
>>
>>18162903
Forgot to ask: do I pay for her coffee? and do we hug when meeting or leaving?
I'm 23 by the way, I feel hugging is a little weird but what do I know
>>
>>18162903

There are no rules, it's all up to people involved and what feels good. Generally though it's more acceptable to get your drinks at the same time. You can offer to pay, she might like that, but if she'd prefer to pay herself, then don't push it. Hug if you feel comfortable doing it. Don't just ask questions, also offer information about yourself. Tell anecdotes that relate to the topic you're discussing, remember what she says and build on from those topics, even if she doesn't ask specific questions reveal details similar to what she's revealed (I.e. If you talk about family and she tells about hers, then tell something about yours too, even if she doesn't ask). The point is to get to know each other. Both should leave the date having something of an understanding who the other is and what they value in life. If you have similar views, there will be other date. If you don't have much in common or if one of you fails to reveal the relevant info to form an opinion, there probably won't be another date.
>>
>>18162903
You're overthinking this op. It's just a date. Stop worrying about it and enjoy the experience. But if you want to know..

>should I get my coffee and wait at a table? Should I wait before ordering?
no. Just wait outside for her so when she comes you can open the door for her to show you're a gentleman. Buy her a coffee. It's like 3 bucks. She's going to see that you got your shit together and don't mind paying. In the long run, it's for the better.

>Also how do I make sure not to turn it into an interview and ask her a million questions?
Don't ask her interview questions, make interview statements.

Make assumptions.
>You seem like the type of girl who enjoys traveling
>You're in good shape, how often do you work out?
>We should definitely try ____ together
>We're going to the movies after this

Just let the conversation flow. If it feels like an interview, tell her and change the subject to something you want to talk about.

> I feel hugging is a little weird but what do I know
Hugging is not weird. Jesus man, do you know about body language and physical touch? Women love that shit. ou want to be touching her as much as possible..

>Giving her a HUG when you first see her
>Touching her lower back walking into the coffee shop
>tapping her on the shoulder or forearm when you want to ask a question..

I'd highly recommend getting books on body language and reading the book, "Models: Attracting women with honesty by Mark Manson. I try and read it every year for a refresher. It changed my life for the better.

Good luck dude.

And remember, it's just a date. Have fun.
>>
>>18162948
This guy gets it too. Listen to him.
>>
>>18162948
>>18162959
Alright I can do the conversation bit, doesn't seem too hard. I'm not a chad but I'm not a social retard so I know how to converse.
>Just wait outside for her
I just checked and it's going to be raining tomorrow (75%) and I feel like waiting outside a cafe is weird for some reason, even if the weather is clear. There aren't any chairs or benches or anything outside it's just the sidewalk so I'd just be standing there.
I like the "holding the door" for her idea and I get where you're coming from but I'm trying to place myself in her shoes and if I saw some guy just standing outside a cafe I would think that's weird.
Of course if I'm dead wrong you can tell me, but I'm just explaining why I'm a little hesitant.

Same goes for the hug. Well I understand the hug goodbye I can do that easily but greeting hug seems out of place. The logic in my head is telling me "why would two strangers hug when meeting for the first time?"
But like I said if I'm dead wrong just tell me. I've been on dates in high school but I don't remember doing a greeting hug.
>>
Bump

I've committed to the fact that I'll hug her before and after the date.

I'm still torn on what to do upon getting to the cafe. It's going to be raining so I don't want to stand outside and if I'm inside I might as well just order.

I don't want to have to show up a minute late just so I don't have to wait, which is what I'm seriously considering.
>>
>>18163889
Dude just wait inside and order when she arrives
>>
>>18163927
Okay, so wait at a table?
I know this is a retarded question but I have to know. Otherwise I would be pacing back and forth trying to decide if I should stand and wait or sit and wait.

I know I'm overthinking this but humor me with an answer.
>>
>>18163947
Yeah sit down at a table and wait until she arrives. It's not weird waiting by yourself at a table, as long as she arrives in 10 or 15 minutes. Just play around on your phone so you're not starting out in space or looking at people.
>>
>>18163971
Alright I can do that. Thank you I appreciate it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.