[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hello, I'm a freshman at uni, and I am having trouble making any sort of friends or even getting into any sort of conversation.I go to large school, so all of my classes are in large auditoriums, making it a bit more difficult for me. I joined the computer science club, and while I enjoy it, it's just like another class lecture where I find it hard to talk to anyone. Another thing of note is that I started uni in the spring semester so friend groups have been formed from the previous semester. I've been just going to class and then just going back to my dorm and been doing this for about 6 months now without a single conversation with anyone other than my mom. I also tried hanging around the library or just in the campus in general with my laptop but that doesn't really work either. Got any advice for me?
>>
>>18162446
>I find it hard to talk

I'd say just start practicing small talk with random people. It feels awkward at first, but you'll get used to it.

If you fuck up the small talk or don't make friends, don't take it personally and feel guilty. They won't remember you after a couple of months or a year. Just learn from your mistakes and move on to next person.
>>
>>18162495
>Random people
>Couple of months to a year
Lol they won't remember him a few days later
>>
>>18162508
Yeah, I always tend to overestimate the capabilities of people.
>>
Sometimes you just have to force things. Start with small talk with people you regularly see. A lot of students usually sit in the same seats in their classes, so start chatting with your seat neighbors about petty shit. "Hey bro, that homework assignment was pretty long, huh?" On your way out of the computer club, start forcing conversation with people about what just happened in there. Eventually, you'll start making bonds and then invite them out to go do something.
>>
>>>>18162522
Well in most of my classes the auditoriums are not full so there is plenty of space and empty seats. The space between people didn't really let you talk to them and I think it would seem odd If just sat directly next to somebody when there is so much space.
>>
Is it more that you don't have opportunities to talk to people, or that you don't know what to say to them?
>>
>>18162579
Lectures aren't that good for socializing. People are there to learn.
>>
>>18162600
I met the majority of my friends in lectures. The trick is to talk to them afterwards
>>
>>18162579
You don't have to sit next to them, but you can go up and talk to them before class starts or after class ends when everyone is leaving. Ask them about something related to the class.

Stop being such a pussy. No one's going to arrest you for trying to make friends. Worst case is they'll blow you off with a short answer and you'll never speak to them again (and will never see them again after the semester ends).
>>
>>18162446
I have the same problem. These threads always have the same answers of "talk to people in class, go to clubs, just bee urself bro ;^)" though.
>>
>>18162634
Well, what type of answers are you looking for? No one here has a magic wand that will send people to your dorm doors wanting to be friends.

You do actually have to **gasp** talk to people to eventually become friends with them. It's kind of the starting point.
>>
>>18162634
I have asked a question to help pinpoint the problem here >>18162588. Don't complain you get the same advice if you're not willing to offer any more information about your problem so that we CAN help you.
>>
>>18162588
op here, I don't get many opportunities. When it comes to actually talking to people I don't think I'm that bad.
>>
>>18162650
Then there really isn't that much to do than just approach people. The club you've joined seems like the perfect opportunity to do so, if there's anyone there who's caught your eye as a potential friend, make an effort to go up to them and chat. Idk how the club works, but you could ask someone for help if you're having problems or help someone who's having problems out, if that's a thing in the club too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.