[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people with psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1455311742001.png (2KB, 198x164px)
1455311742001.png
2KB, 198x164px
Why are people with psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies more successful in life? It's visible everywhere, from American psycho to this thread
>>>18158179
where the guy beats up his gf and gets away with it
Is being a kind and polite human not as good as it's said to be? It's worrying me because I don't have such tendencies and don't want to be a beta.
Should I just be myself (a kinda shy, rather unemotional guy that kinda warms up when you get to know him) and improve?
>>
you're a little fucking bitch
>>
I'm going to let you in on a secret.

Morality is subjective, and justice is a human abstraction.
>>
Because they tend to be good at lying and manipulating people. Sociopaths will also apply to high level positions they have no idea how to do thinking they deserve it, and often not enough people apply and they end up an uneducated crazy as fuck boss.
>>
>>18162340

>why are people with psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies more successful in life?

the colloquial use of 'sociopath' is just us referring ot people wtih no conscience.

so if someone has no conscience, they dont consider other peoples feelings, and therefore can just achieve a goal without worrying about hwo they hurt.

two landlords, one with a conscience, one without. the prices in the area have gone up, and the low income families can't afford it.

the one with a conscience does nothing, his tenants have nowhere to go, so he doesn't up the rent, after all his mortgage is still the same and he will make the same money as before.

the one iwthout a conscience realizes that even though his mortgage stays the same, the prices in the area can go up based on demand, so he forces out old tenants who have nowhere else to go just to make more money.

the fact that you can't understand this basic science is stupid.
>>
They aren't. Half the prison population is psychopaths.

You fell for pop culture memes. Most psychopaths end up in the dirt or middling positions because they never like anybody. They can only pretend to like people, and that limits how close a relationship one can build with a psychopath. Look at the psychopaths who became serial killers. Look at Ted Bundy. He threw away his career on an impulse. Look at Gary Ridgway. Dead end, vet, factory worker with a sex addiction. Wayne Gacy was a minor exception, being a successful business owner, but he was still never close to the cream of the crop.

Psychopaths, if they can't control their urges, end up in prison. If they can, they end up in middling positions miserable because they're not indulging their urges. This is how they become serial killers. A lifetime of self-repression exploding all over their suburban shithole.

In reality, people WANT to believe not having morals is this huge benefit because they use it as a springboard to jump on their pedestal and judge the "cruel and psychopathic society that enables such abuse" from their ivory tower. The truth is, people don't trust you if you don't have morals. They don't want to do business with you. They don't want to invest money in you. Psychopaths are good at faking it, but even they can't fake it forever. It's hard to bullshit motivation for yourself over 40+ years, and psychopaths are infamous for their impulsive tendencies. One slip is all it takes to ruin all of their latent acting ability. This is how narcissists end up collapsing in the end, btw, though their story is quite a bit different to the bog standard psychopath.
>>
>>18162349
no you're my sissy slut
>>18162353
That's edgy. Also how was Nietsche powerful, himself? Or did he just theorise about shit he didn't want to embody?
>>18162384
I hope it is that way.
>>
>>18162375
the fact that others allow people with no conscience to do as they will is something baffling
You'd think they would be repulsed.

Also, I should make it clear that I don't like this path, but I do want to be successful. Is being a normal good fucking person a viable way to success, too?
>>
>>18162375
>>18162384
Both of them are correct.

The morale of this is clear:
If you think somebody is just faking his emotions / is a heartless bich then you should run away from them no matter what.
>>
>>18162409
I don't surround myself with such people anyway.
>>
>>18162408

they generally are, just look at you, you're repulsed by it.

but one thing you have to remember is that for most people its not an 'on' or 'off' switch. its not 'full blown emotional' or 'full blown sociopath'.

look at slavery. its not like everyone back in slave times were suddenly sociopaths. Morality is something that is taught. some people are taught not to feel bad. others are. and then of course there is the legitimate mental disorder issue.

in the end being 'successful' isn't a matter of whether or not you are heartless or not. being heartless makes it easier to get to the end game, for instance, you are more likely to enlist child slaves in your business to turn a bigger profit.

and yet there are businesses that don't rely on this tactic, or people who don't rely on this tactic that are still successful.

ultimately success comes down to knowing what you want, and actually working towards getting it. but a lot of people who 'want to be successful' dont actually want to be successful. they just want to play video games and post on the internet but have people think of them as successful.

wanting to be successful means wanting ot do a lot of hard work.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.