[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making a living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1490501008486.jpg (27KB, 515x600px)
1490501008486.jpg
27KB, 515x600px
Poor college dropout here, 20 years old. Trying to get a security job that pays 15 an hour in New York, but living here is ridiculous. Rent is at the minimum 1500 dollars for a studio, and I would only be making 22000 a year at most.

what do I try to go back to school for? What degree do I get and major in? Currently living on the charity of a friend. With the job I'll be able to pay for heat, electricity, water, Internet and food at home since my parents are leaving.

I live with someone else but I don't expect them to pay for anything since they're bipolar and trying to get unemployment and disability benefits from the state. I'd rather deal with the control freak than pay rent and sink.
>>
File: 1490496376298.jpg (226KB, 1200x346px)
1490496376298.jpg
226KB, 1200x346px
Bump
>>
>>18162339
Unless you have a specific reason for being in New York, just move somewhere else. The cost of living in New Jersey (where I grew up) is batshit too, so I moved to Ohio after finishing school and now I live in a modest apartment with my wife for under $500 per month. Milk is $1.09 a gallon here.

If the local economy is too hot, get out of the kitchen.
>>
>>18162392
This.

Assuming that there's nothing keeping you in NY and you have the finances to move, get the hell out of there to somewhere with a lower COL.
>>
>>18162392
this guy is right. Do not chew more than you can eat.
>>
>>18162416
>>18162398
>>18162392
Thanks for the input I actually grew up in jersey too until some life stuff forced us to move to NY.

Alright I'll look for lower COLs in different states, and what jobs are in demand and where. I'll stay in NY until summer probably. I can probably manage to save around $4,000.
>>
>>18162339
Rent a room in someone's place for cheap.

Other than that, just move.
>>
File: Ohaio.png (215KB, 448x454px) Image search: [Google]
Ohaio.png
215KB, 448x454px
>>18162426
Best of luck!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.