[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting taken for a ride?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1463966120333.jpg (195KB, 919x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463966120333.jpg
195KB, 919x960px
Background: In January my girlfriend and I got in a car accident (she was driving, I was in the passenger seat). We were driving on the interstate in icy conditions, and when we came to our exit there was a line of cars backed up to the top of it, some trying to back up. Long story short, she hit her brakes hard and slid into the back of a car at about 30mph.

Come to find out that the driver of that car was a city employee driving a city car. All information is exchanged, and nothing comes of it for a while. Then, yesterday, my girlfriend gets a bill for $2500. The car was a fairly new Ford sedan and had minor cosmetic damage to the rear bumper, from what I could see at the time. It seemed like a relatively tame fender bender, but now the amount on the bill seems to be too high. What are the options now? How do we find out if that's actually the amount of damage done?
>>
Dump gf
pick fake name
Change cities
tell everybody fake story
loosen the scent
change town again
grow beard
fly abroad
settle down there
find new job in new field
skip from job to job for a while find new girl
fall in love
be reluctant to open up
almost break relationship
realize u cant live without her
go back to her and tell her the truth
she spends the next 50 years working with u to save up 2.5k
u go back to the states
ur ex is still waiting for u
forgives u for ghosting
get a new house in idaho with ur two gf
become a mormon and have both wives
rent a dog
buy a kids
make some fences
>>
>>18161647
Tell her to send it along to her insurance company.
>>
>>18161678

She didn't have insurance at the time of the accident
>>
>>18161671
kek
>>
>>18161647
The way car repairs work (and have for at least 20 years) they don't try to "fix" a damaged part, but simply replace it. And assuming there was some body damage and not just a fender, $2500 isn't out of line for replacing a fender and rear end.

Why didn't she have insurance? Isn't it required in your state?
>>
>30mph.
>minor cosmetic damage to the rear bumper
nope
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.