[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

legitimate work from home jobs in bc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1488144562672.jpg (198KB, 1280x824px) Image search: [Google]
1488144562672.jpg
198KB, 1280x824px
ok I am at the end of my rope here. I didn't finish highschool because reasons. I am on goverment assistance for my disabilities. I have tried work in the past but all it did was stress me out and I dont do good in public work environments. there was one case where my anxiety was so bad it manifested itself as stomach pains and I had to spend the night in the hospital throwing up. the doctor said I might never be able to work but I still want to try. I also want to move out and get an apartment and start a life of my own.

so my question is this: are there any legitimate work from home jobs in canada in bc?
>>
>>18161554

I should add I still live with my dad for obvious reasons and thats why I would like to move.
>>
>>18161554
The only decent jobs people who work from home have are ones that they had to get in the real world and transfer to work from home. I've heard of engineers, lawyers, and some computer programmers who work on projects from home then either send their projects to the office or go in from time to time to get new assignments, attend meetings, do presentations, etc. If you have no real skills then you will be very hard pressed to find any work from home jobs that pay anything remotely decent or steady.
>>
>>18161981

damn. well I guess I'm stuck at home for now then. I hate living in this house. I can tell my dad wants me gone and he and I have had some bad back and fourths where stuff has broke. It all just feels so hopeless. I literally feel stuck.
>>
>>18161554
There are, sadly, very few work at home jobs unless you have special skills. A good writer could do some journalism or technical writing from home. A skilled programmer or web designer could work from home. And so on.

Your best bet might be to finish your HS education with the Canadian equivalent of a GED and then take some home-study classes that will develop a sellable skill.
>>
>>18162062

I tried to get my ged but I couldn't handle going to the classes. I didnt get much of the material anyways (im slightly retarted). Im sure I'll find something just gotta have hope I guess and push those suicidal thoughts to the back of my head.
>>
>>18161981
>>18161999
That isn't true. I work from home as a proofreader for a company that organizes mystery shops for clients across the country. The position was work-from-home from the outset. It doesn't pay a huge amount of money, but OP, there are options out there for you. They might just be very difficult to find (I sort of lucked into my position through a friend of my wife's co-worker).
>>
>>18162143

I doubt I could be a proof reader haha. my grammar is not the best. its comforting to know that there is work out there somewhere though.
>>
in the US you don't need to take a class to get a GED, just pass a test. buy a book with a couple practice tests and work through it.
>>
>>18162150
Then work on that while you're stuck st home. No job doesn't necessarily mean no productivity
>>
>>18162154

lucky. unfortunately it doesnt work that way where I am. there are classes you must attend.
>>
>>18162150
If there's any way that you can work on improving your language/writing/editing skills, the most common work-from-home jobs with the lowest bars to entry are related to that type of work. You don't need a formal education to get an above-average skillset in that sort of area if you're willing to put the effort in.
>>
>>18162160

thank you for the push. I will try hard.

>>18162164

I suppose I could try to teach myself proper writing skills. they tried hard in school to teach me but it didnt work too well. maybe I'll have more luck if I practice myself. its been awhile.
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>18162194

I turn 21 in april. so 20.
>>
>>18162163
jesus, why even bother having a GED, that's just school.
>>
>>18162197
You're still pretty young, OP. I agree with what >>18162160 already said; being jobless and at home doesn't mean you can't get any work done towards improving your situation.

If you want to work on your language skills, start by reading books and news articles on a frequent basis. This will help you to get a feel for some different styles of writing, and you can use that as a foundation for a more technical understanding later on.
>>
>>18162205

basically. its pretty much the same too. they make you sit in a classroom and sometimes do presentations and shit its nerve-wracking.
>>
>>18161554
I've got a couple of follow-up questions about your situation; no judgment just curious for the purposes of giving you the best advice that I can.

- Have you tried medication for your anxiety?
- Do you get anxious only in work-related situations, or during other times (social, etc.) as well?
- Do you live near/in a city, or somewhere more rural?
>>
>>18162210

So manga would be a no-go I assume. I'll see what books I can find. its gonna be tough but im sure I can pull through.
>>
>>18162197
Right so I would really look into taking adult upgrading courses at a local community college, there are adult upgrading grants, as well as part time or full time student loans as well as disabled ones, and you can apply for and (in the case of student loans) easily get.

You keep saying you're retarded and stupid and can't learn anything, so if that is the case there isn't any point in school, youll have to work as a cook for the rest of your life. If, however, you just had a horrible time in school due to life, and just need somewhwre to start fresh, adult upgrading is the place to do it.

Also you have some serious anxiety problems that you need to take care of. No case is hopeless. Everyone can find some joy and meaning.
>>
>>18162226

yes I do take medication for my anxiety. I recently had the dosage upped so I dont get stomach pains as much.

and anything work or social related. its hard for me to be really comfortable. I even had anxiety working at a library as a duster haha.

and unfortunatley I live in quite a rural area and the support for people with disabilities is limited.
>>
>>18162233

I understand what your saying. And in truth I am not the smartest person in the world. its just a reality for me. I'll look into adult upgrade courses. thanks for your help.
>>
>>18162078
What so you mean you couldn't handle going to the classes?

If you have no skills, you won't be able to find a decent work from home job
>>
>>18162253
Honestly, given how you've described the rest of your situation, I imagine it would be very difficult to distinguish a genuine lack of intellect or capability from issues related to your anxiety that are setting you back. Don't tell yourself that being dumb is just your reality; that mentality will only make things more difficult for you.
>>
>>18162257

I would get nervous sitting in the classroom so I would work in the lunch area instead. It only helped slightly.
>>
>>18162237
Let's cut the bullshit.

You have anxiety, it stops you from doing anything. You can have that view for your entire life, and nothing will change. Or you can find ways to try and moderate it and make something of your life. All these things you're saying right now, they are excuses. Why aren't you a smart person? Bad grades? Difficulty with school?
>>
>>18162237
If it's not too much for me to ask - was your anxiety triggered by some trauma or other event/situation in your childhood, or is it something that you've always lived with?
>>
>>18162273

anxiety is just a part of it unfortunatley. my mom did drugs and stuff when she had me and as a result of that I couldnt learn certain things like math or telling time. my brain just draws a blank.

I didnt know my real dad or mom I was in fostercare then adopted.

>>18162290

I have never been a very outgoing person. I have someone who comes to my house once in a while to take me out and do things. just making sure I actually get outside.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.