[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dating a traditional man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (207KB, 822x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 822x462px
The man I'm dating seems to view our roles as very "traditional" and expects me to cook for him and him to buy for me etc (not that I mind cooking, but I would like him to as well, and I like paying for my own stuff). I've heard from another girl who's friends with his ex that this continues if I move in with him- I do ALL the domestic stuff, he doesn't do anything.

I really like him, we have a lot in common and click well, but I'm not interested in being a housewife and would prefer more fluid roles.

What should I do? Is this worth breaking up over?
>>
>>18161331
Possibly. Imagine 20 years of housekeeping and no job.
But you should at least try talking about it with him.
>>
>>18161336
It also depends on her age, which may be proportional to the amount of alternative partners she might find.
>>
>>18161336
From what I know from this other friend, he doesn't really change. I've only just heard about this, which is why I'm posting- I was kind of hoping it'd just go away.
>>
>>18161338
I'm 20.
>>
>>18161340
I do not have experience with that kind of people, but as far as I've seen people have a hard time changing, unless they were brought up in a family whose values were different from their own.

>>18161342
>I'm 20.
You still have time then. If you plan to move in with him soon, it might be worth a try to see how it goes, but don't expect too much.
Just don't bet everything into this
>>
>>18161348
So giving him a shot is a good idea, but don't invest too much?
>>
>>18161331
kys
>>
>>18161354
Thank you for the helpful advice.
>>
>>18161358
We don't need anymore worthless sluts.
>>
>>18161353
I'd say so. I mean, you like everything about him, but the fact he is old style. Worth a shot of some months given you are 20.
Don't stay more than a year if it's not working out
>>18161358
>Thank you for the helpful advice.
No problem
>>
>>18161363
>>18161362
>>18161354
>>18161348
>>18161338
>>18161336
We are a hivemind.
Coming here you must expect all of us, each side, the good and the bad
>>
File: 1489990745275.jpg (91KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489990745275.jpg
91KB, 1000x800px
>>18161362
>>
>>18161362
But like, all she's said is that she doesn't want a traditional relationship. that =/= slut.
>>
>>18161379

Don't bother giving the red-pillers any (You)s. They came for the man-child echo chamber, not rational conversation.
>>
>>18161387
Fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>Is this worth breaking up over?

It is if you aren't a dumb cuck. If you want to give up your future career and ability to support your self to live in poverty with a lazy fuck who will place unreasonable and unfair demands on you while doing very little to nothing in return you can just come live with me.
>>
>>18161391
Well, that's depressing.
>>
>>18161393

No, the depressing part is that if they have any kids the likelihood of them being molested ranges from extremely likely to guaranteed, depending on how religious this guy is.
>>
>>18161390

....I'm an adult with a functional frontal lobe? I know that's pretty rare in the sea of teenage angst around here but don't get so acclimated to the red-pilled garbage people that reasonable people start looking strange to you.
>>
>>18161331
>fluid roles
Except the man still cant be pregnant or breast feed. If they could, they wouldnt bother with females at all.

And now to be more useful /adv/isor.
Damn woman, stop beating around bush. If you ever plan on moving in together, marrying and other activities like making babies, you have to learn how to TALK DIRECTLY about stuff with your partner.

I know it isnt very romantical, but you have to ask him DIRECTLY sooner or later about stuff like:
>who will work? Me, you? Both?
>who will look after kids?
>i know you hate cleaning, but maybe you could help me sometimes
>i would like to cook together so it speeds up the process
>how much kids do we want
>how are we going to raise them

Also you are the woman. So you have superb inborn abilities to MANIPULATE people. Yeah, you are still young and all, but you have to ask him about this stuff, not 4chan and certainly not his ex or his friend.

Good luck on your quest and remember statistic shows that lowest divorce ratio is for people who marry around 25~30. It is because they are finally mature enough to not marry with incopatible people.
>>
>>18161422
Why should I take the advice of someone who clearly already thinks I'm a manipulative bitch?

Besides, I meant fluid roles around earning and doing housework.
>>
>>18161423
>manipulative bitch
I have never used word bitch and having ability to manipulate people is neutral one. It is up to you how you use it.

It is like manipulate somebody to eat more healthy because you called him fat and used his image of being fatass to his own good (but still against his original will). Some people use better sounding words like persuade / compromise but the principle is the same.
>>
>>18161331
Talk it over with him first, make it clear that you want at least some help in doing domestic stuff.

This is the main reason my parents fought when I was younger until I was old enough to help out with chores. Do you think you're up to the handling raising kids/chores/etc with no help?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.