[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel really weird and awful about wanting to break up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: harsh truth.png (295KB, 971x1400px) Image search: [Google]
harsh truth.png
295KB, 971x1400px
I feel really weird and awful about wanting to break up with my girlfriend. We've been dating for 2 years now, and she's wonderful. She's a great person, we get along well, she would do anything for me and I would for her, and she loves me to death. The thing is, I just want to be single again, but I feel like shit about it.
She wants to get married soon. I'm not looking to settle down until I'm closer to 30 (22 right now, just for clarification). This is probably the most selfish sounding part of it, but I'm out of college and have a good paying job now. I want to enjoy being single and doing what I want before I have to settle down. Also, I lost my virginity to my girlfriend. I kind of want to fuck a few more people before I get married.
Is wanting to be a single for a few more years a good reason to break up with a good, loving girlfriend?
>>
>>18160646
No
>>
>>18160646
If you're having these doubts then you obviously don't love her as much as you think you do.

I'm 99% sure you'll regret this in six months to a year though.
>>
>>18160646
You're young & want to do young things. That's okay. I bet you'll regret it after not too long though after realizing that being young & dumb is overrated.
>>
>>18160689
>>18160704

So should I just go through with it and get married even though I don't want to? I understand marriage means you have to sacrifice some things so two people can be together in harmony, but you should also be excited about getting married when it's time, right?
>>
I am in a similar situation. My gf and I have talked about marriage, and I want to, but I am very introvert, in the sense that I actually prefer doing things on my own for the most part. This makes it hard when the gf wants to go out, or do something else that goes against the plan I set in my head for myself.

So for me, part of wanting to leave the relationship comes from this sense of wanting to be left alone, but I am holding back because I understand that the grass is always greener. I love my gf and see the benefits of having her around instead of moping by myself. She helps me get things done, because just her presence helps keep me accountable. I can't just whack off all day, fall asleep on the couch, throw a pizza in the oven and finger my taint while watching tv. She's around to make sure I don't waste time doing time-wasting shit like that (as much fun as it would seem in your mind).

I dunno, try and see the good, and stop focusing on how green the other grass is. The more you think about being single again, the more you can convince yourself that it's a good idea.

Maybe try and suss out exactly *why* you want to be single again, and if it is genuine or just you seeing greener grass.

Anything you imagine you can do single, you can likely do right now (aside from sleeping with other girls). If you want to be single so you could have more time doing what you want, why aren't you already doing it? Is your gf really to blame?
>>
>>18160777
I definitely have a lazy streak that can fuck up entire days where I would have the chance to be productive. However, I'm not sure how much time people normally spend together in relationships (this is my first relationship), but I feel like my girlfriend is pretty clingy and stuck up my ass most of the time. She doesn't have any friends and her family is 3 states away, so she's really dependent on me emotionally (and financially). She has a lot of trouble being alone, and I hate it. I feel like she's a part of me now, but in a bad way, like I'm not a person anymore, it's just "us" that's a person. It's kinda been this way for awhile, and I've tried helping her be more independent, but she gets upset anytime she's away from me for more than a day.

I guess it's that I don't feel like I can do anything by myself anymore. She doesn't have a life, so she's interested in what I'm interested in now.
>>
I'm going to go against the flow and say what you're feeling is not necessarily wrong. You don't have to get married. It would be absolutely fucked up to suggest you should marry someone out of obligation. You should only marry someone if you are 100% certain it will make you happy.

From what I understand your current partner is offering a perfect opportunity for a long term relationship but you don't want a long term relationship. You want a short term relationship. Therefore you both want different things. It doesn't matter if she's a nice person, it doesn't matter if you don't want to hurt her, you should focus on the simple idea that you may want want different things. Neither of you are in the wrong here, you are both free to want different things, there is no wrong choice but it does make you incompatible. Plenty of people are incompatible. If you think you are incompatible, and if you think you would be happier with other people, then you should consider breaking amiably to seek happiness elsewhere.

Dating for two years is a very long time. It's not an easy decision to break such a relationship, especially when it's not guaranteed you will find a more compatible relationship. You should think about this very carefully. You should take your time. You should communicate with your partner, ask each other what you expect from the future, listen to each other, speak with with honesty and most of all, you should respect each other's opinion.
>>
My ex broke up with me for this reason. I told him I wouldn't be his second choice. Months later, of course he comes back begging to get back together. I'm not saying you should get marry soon. But consider that it might not be easy to find another girl like her.
>>
>>18160646
whats your job
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.