[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more comfortable with myself when talking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1473373811598.gif (164KB, 494x332px) Image search: [Google]
1473373811598.gif
164KB, 494x332px
How do I become more comfortable with myself when talking to people And especially women. I'm 19, 6'3, good looking, physically fit and all, fairly intelligent and spiritually more advanced than most. I have alot going for me in a sense besides a few things in which I lack, though I acknowledge my lacking. I'm not an insecure person consciously at least, and I would say Im happy with myself most of the time. Nonetheless every time I get in social situation especially with girls I find attractive, my mind goes blank. I can't think of anything to say or how to act so I end up just ignoring people that are blatantly trying to get my attention. Many, Many missed opportunity for pussy, making friends, going and doing things, all because of this anxiety or something I get when in a social situations. Any tips on getting better with this sort of shit?
>>
practice

and accepting that the consequences to a woman not being into you are non existent. its just not a match. it doesn't mean you are bad, your approach was bad, or your looks were bad. the default state isn't being fawned over by all women.
>>
>>18160098
The problem is, I've never been rejected. This has more to do with the fact that when a girl I find attractive is talking to me, my body goes into a state of panic. I've never even had a conversation with someone I'm intimidated by because of this. In my normal waking state of consciousness, I'm ashamed of how I act because I know it's not me, rather a reaction to the situation and my brain perceiving it as threatening. So my heart rate jumps, I start sweating, stuttering and other just awkward interaction and I'm trying to escape it as fast as I can. This comes across as douchey and stuck up or just cowardly. I don't really know how to exactly "practice" getting this better because it happens every time really no matter what.
>>
>>18160124

more practice.
>>
Let me put it this way, it's like I really want to have relationships with people where I can just be free and myself and not have to hide anything or act differently but because of this condition, I've come to hate talking to people and girls. It's like I don't even want to date anyone or have anything to do with them because I know if I do, I will have to talk to them alot, which then triggers this reaction making me feel like shit and hating any type of interaction. I'd say I'm a extrovert or at least a slightly outgoing person trapped in an extreme introvert. I long for social interaction and attention but it also frightens me.
>>
>>18160093
>>18160124
By how you write like a stoner, I assume you have or can acquire $100
By your mention of basically squirming when confronted by women, I assumenyou're a virgin. Go to craigslist, look in the Therapy section, and go get a deep tissue massage (look it up in urban dictionary). To save you the trouble, she's basically a whore, and "deep tissue massage" usually equates to penetration (sex).
Alternatively, there should be some waxing services in the Beauty section. Get a brazilian, 99% of the time they give happy endings. You can tell by if the pictures contain any attractive girls. If you get waxed and they don't provide a happy ending, go get a 'massage'.
Massages are like 60-100, brazilian waxings are about the same... at least where I am. It might be less or more where you are.

Finally, know that confidence > cock size (unless you're micro). If you're out of shape, go to the gym regularly. This should help both boost confidence and make you more attractive. If not, that's what the massage and brazilian are for.

If you don't want to pay money, resort to tinder. Read up on strategies for that--which basically are "be witty, secure the phone number or kik quickly, set a date soon." The second atep can be skipped if you meet up soon, but you're a more likely to be ghosted depending on your attractiveness and their shyness. Remember: if you have to keep rescheduling because of them, don't ponder just bail.

This last part is more personal.
I get bored/disinterested quickly. My solution: cock rings and anal toys. Arousal helps me focus my social goals. Cock rings will get you more positive attention, boost sexual performance, and (personally) help focus on getting laid. Anal toys are the same on the last point.
Read up on the do's and don'ts of these tools. Or ask me
>>
>>18160134
Sounds like a mental/personality disorder desu
Some sort of social anxiety. The treatment will probably be group therapy or exposure therapy.
See a pro or go out to social events more often
>>
Grab your nuts and stop caring
>>
>>18160134
>because of this condition, I've come to hate talking to people and girls.

You're kind of shirking the responsibility here. I have anxiety so I know what you're talking about. A lot of it is exposure therapy, because you need to get desensitized to the feelings that are triggering your thoughts. Your body is producing a state of arousal in response to a certain stimulus, so you have to show it that you can be in the situation without that kind of reaction. By avoiding it you heighten the response and produce a trigger.

The biological reaction will produce a lot of distorted thoughts, and you have to learn how to combat them. Recognize the signs of your anxiety or if you're exposing yourself make sure to remind yourself "Hey, I'm going to be nervous/anxious. I know this, but I'm gonna do it anyway"

When you're in the situation remember to breathe calmly because that'll slow your body (heart) down. Don't listen to your thoughts, listen to the person in front of you.
>>
>>18160093
>anxiety
meditate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
>>
How can you claim to be spiritually advanced when you're not comfortable in your own skin?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.