[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hang out with a study group 2x a week and had a huge crush

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: love.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
I hang out with a study group 2x a week and had a huge crush on a guy in it for a while but never worked up the courage to do anything even though I was pretty confident that he liked me too.

It turns out he now either has, or has had the entire time, a semi-long distance girlfriend (she is an ex that I think he got back together with).

That's fine. My crush on him is weakening but still exists.

That's not the issue though. The issue is that another guy in the group has been sniffing around me and I think he's getting ready to ask me out. I'm not interested, and truth be told, I don't want to date anyone in the group that's not this guy I'm crushing on because part of me still hopes something will happen should he and his girlfriend ever break up.

I am willing to date people outside of the group though. I would just feel weird dating someone in this guy's vicinity...I'd be wondering if I was making him jealous. If he and his girlfriend separated, I'd want to dump whoever I was with for him if I thought there was a chance that something might happen. It doesn't seem right.

So should this guy ask me out, what do I say? Do I just tell him the truth? That I have a crush on someone else in the group and don't want to date anyone else in the group?

I do not get asked out often so sorry if this is a stupid question.
>>
bumping

guys, what would you want to hear in this situation? i don't want to hurt anyone.
>>
Anyone? I know it's not the most interesting question, but I want to be prepared.
>>
If it was me (f here) is say that I d9nt date friends because you don't want to ruin anything. I did this in work. If the guy you like ends up asking you out and the other guy gets annoyed just make out that you weren't that great a friends to begin with.
>>
You don't want to date him anyway, right? Just tell him you're not interested. No need to say anything else. I think the problem is, what happens if you date someone you do like? Are you gonna dump them if the other guy becomes single? I don't think it's a good idea to keep seeing this guy if you're interested in dating someone else
>>
>>18159497
Don't give him a specific reason. Some guys turn into spiteful jerks when they get rejected, he might figure out who you're crushing on and find a way to mess it up for you.

Just give the standard "soft rejection." Something like "I just don't see you that way," "I'm focusing on school right now," "Let's just be friends," etc etc.
>>
>>18159730
I don't want to say something like that and then turn around and start dating guy A. I want to say something that keeps guy A as an option.

>>18159732
Saying I'm not interested is hard for me, but perhaps you're right. I always feel like I have to have an excuse so it doesn't get taken personally.

I don't want to sit around and wait for this guy to break up with his girlfriend though. That doesn't seem healthy and I've done stuff like that before and it just leads to me being miserable and alone.

If I start dating someone outside of the group that I really do like, then it's a non issue. I will continue dating that person until the relationship runs its course or we get married or whatever happens, regardless if guy A breaks up with his girlfriend or not.

If I'm dating someone else and I don't see long term potential, then I would break up with him if guy A started giving me signs he was interested in again, yes. The guy who is sniffing around me would almost definitely fall into this category and I think it would be really shitty since they know each other. I know I'm thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead and it may not even be necessary, but I don't want to write off guy A entirely yet.
>>
>>18159749
Yeah, I was worried about him telling guy A and guy A figuring it out and avoiding me. Thanks for the input. Giving vague reasons is hard for me, but I think that's probably the best path.
>>
Waiting on someone's relationship to fail and then swoop on in is not healthy, femanon.
>>
>>18159926
Not waiting, i said i was going to date other people, just not his friends. I think in addition to my crush, i genuinely care about him and would be 100% fine if his relationship worked out, so long as he is happy.

I also don't want to swoop, but I'll deal with that bridge of i ever come to it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.