[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having <2.0 GPA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1489277787593.gif (97KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
1489277787593.gif
97KB, 498x594px
I'm a freshman(19YO) and just spent 2 quarters failing most of my classes. Last quarter I has a 1.4 GPA and now 1.2. Since I failed 2 classes twice and I can't retake them a 3rd time I will have to leave my university(which is very good). I can technically spend one more quarter trying to improve my grades but since I failed classes core to my major(which is STEM) I see no point. I also failed my english writing requirement class so I can't fulfill it, so I'm gonna inevitably get kicked out.

Should I go to community college, or try to find work, or go to trade school?

If I go to community college, should I change majors?
I'm just saying this right off the bat: I will never be able to understand differentials and do optimization problems. The only classes I passed were my GEss and got my best grade on linguistics. However my parents are forbidding me on taking a non STEM major since I will have a useless degree.

As for wageslave jobs, I have never worked before and the job market where I live is extremely competitive, so I feel I will be wasting my time..
>>
>Should I go to community college, or try to find work, or go to trade school?

Yes, in that order.

I wouldn't put it that way to most people, but most people don't fuck up that bad in their first year of HS. You were supposed to take life more seriously.
>>
If you weren't in STEM, what degree would you willfully pursue?
>>
>>18159111
aren't E Permits allowed at your university? Why havent you been going to tutoring everyday? Why cant you bring them your textbook questions? You do know theres textbook solutions on slader website right? Youre something else dude.
>>
>>18159137
I went to tutoring. Didn't help much.
>>
>>18159132
Whatever degree that doesn't require extreme connections and whose jobs prospect isn't only to be a teacher.
>>
>>18159182
Medicine.
>>
>>18159119
What are the requirements to go to trade school?

Do employers really take my freshman year GPA seriously if I manage to graduate?

Also taking life seriously and being good at life are 2 different things.
>>
>>18159191
But I couldn't solve calculus if my life depended on it. Besides I where would they accept me to study it?
>>
File: 375408.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
375408.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
>>18159182
Why not try English? I haven't even gotten my AA/transfer degree yet, and I already have had a couple internships with local newspapers. Just learn to apply yourself, and don't listen to all the stuck-up STEM majors that denigrate a great field like the language arts. You said you're good at linguistics; you have potential like me, my friend.

>>18159191
I used to be a biology major with an English minor, and I have to disagree with you. This guy wouldn't survive the extreme competition that the medicine field has. He has no weight in the competition with the strengths that he has.
>>
>>18159137
WTF is an E permit? Whats a slader?
>>
>>18159214
I'm good at the more comparative and historical aspects of linguistics, like typology, and have no interest on focusing any one language. Besides, I cannot write anything else other than analyses and do terrible interviews.

But I don't have much choice. Life is hell not having a talent in math.

He has no weight in the competition with the strengths that he has.
DESU I did kinda ok with biology at HS(I didn't study in the US, and did study more advanced biology), but IDK if I could handle the lower division courses requirements in college.
>>
File: 1474069190290.jpg (140KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
1474069190290.jpg
140KB, 1200x700px
>>18159232
Medicine isn't all about biology.

I used to do international competitions regarding pathophysiology in high school, and I couldn't survive off of that alone now. If you ever want to be something in medicine, you need to go to med school, and in order to go to med school, you need to take the MCAT. You not only need to pass it, but you need a high enough score to garner the attention of prospective grad schools. If you don't know what the MCAT is, it basically tests you on chem, all maths, biology, and a bunch of other random scientific shit.

It was all too much to worry about, so I pussied out and fell back on my English minor. Don't even think about medicine if you can't even handle pre-grad.
>>
Do I have a chance to get in a trade school? What do I need to do to get a welding qualification? How difficult is it there compared to community college?
>>
>>18159311
Is it possible to somehow get good grades on thr subjects I failed if I go to community college and then transfer back to my original college?
>>
>>18159192
The most you need is that you HAVE credits for high school algebra, more preferably geometry. That's pretty much it for the prerequisites
>>
>>18159785
But I went to high school in eastern europe, we have nothing equivalent to credits. We only had one math class and I got Cs on it.
How do I get past this?
>>
>>18159192
>taking life seriously and being good at life are two different things.
No they really aren't, it's not really a surprise that you're failing at everything you do, it's because you don't take anything seriously.

If you don't take your job seriously, then you'd be fired; this is life telling you to get good.
>>
>>18160175
I know people who dont take college seriously, study maybe 3 hours at most per day yet easily get 3.0 gpa while studied all day and went to tutors.

What if im doing the best I can?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.