[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to publish thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Zorrovsmister1a.jpg (100KB, 567x432px) Image search: [Google]
Zorrovsmister1a.jpg
100KB, 567x432px
Need advice, otherwise my writing talent will be gone :(
Where on the Internet can I publish my thoughts about life so people actually read it?
They are sometimes controversial, but usually those are never spoken about. I never ever heard people state my opinion on many things. Also, I have a certain luck in my life to see the "beauty of the life in the smallest details".
Some decades earlier, I might have become a writer, but nowadays even I dont have the time to read books because I read the internet.
I am interested in 2 categories:
1) Publishing some sort of a blog with a possibility to influence somebody
2) Create aesthetically appealing texts
I prefer not to mix those 2.
And dont suggest my own blog, first I need real followers from who will only find me on some platform. Although, if you know how to promote your blog and not sell anything or so, then you might.
>>
>>18159069
>to be this delusional
Just shitpost here or on reddit.
I guarantee you there will be readers.
>>
>>18159077
Here I dont want to post, because I am anonymous. This is lame, so to say.
Reddit is not suited, as it is discussion and advice forum, and I dont want to hear or give advice, I want to publish my own material for the sake of it, you know?
>>
No one is going to want to read your stuff because you are one in a million of like-minded people. It is not a very appealing use of my time to want to search out someone else's life story. Write for yourself - not your audience.
>>
>>18159142
This is exactly the reason I asked for advice.
I suspected a long time ago, the abundance of information really decreases its value.
I already write for myself a lot, but... there are writers? Somehow they manage to get through this wall of texts? Or is it that they write exactly what most of their reading population WILL buy?
There must be some place for me on the internet and some 1000 real "followers"
>>
>>18159069
It is called blog.
But it is a bit outdated now. Now he have specialized portals like:
Tumblr, facebook, reddit, deviantart, fanfiction basically any social site which allows a lot of letters in 1 post.

As to making people actually to read your stuff, that is the hard part. And if you want to hit as many readers as possible, publish your content on as many websites as you can.

It all depends on what you actualy write about.
>>
Too much excuses and speculations.
Just write something.
Post it in one of the social media, 4chan, reddit, facebook, tumblr, etc.
If the result is not to your liking, move on to another platform.

You daydream too much.
>>
>>18159157
>Tumblr, facebook, reddit, deviantart, fanfiction
It sucks because instead of writing, it feels like fucking morse, especially twitter. FB I have already. I just need people like me, because I know they will resonate and therefore like my writing (like I do).
>>18159199
I have a lot of material already actually.
So probably tumblr... But its for fucking pictures
>>
OP im doing the same. write books, publish on amazon. I try to write something people want to read. How would you know that? Its a little bit luck but you are people. what do you want to read? And write that. Its not as easy as it sounds, you have to really think as a non-writer.
>>
>>18159207
>"I need idiots who like the garbage i post"
>>
>>18159199

same problem here, the solution i think, is to turn off the part of your brain that dwells on things. Dont think, just do it. The mroe you think the more you delay. OP what other choice do you have? none, okay, time to switch your brain off and do it like a drone.
>>
>>18159219
>what do you want to read? And write that.
I like to reread my observations sometimes.
The thing is, most people prefer extremes, shock, conflicts and negative information, which I avoid, even though I wrote some opinions like "Why feminism is hell", "Why I dislike fat people", "Why politics isnt real", but its just... nothing, I dont consider it art.
I prefer to write about beauty.
>>
>>18159225
It is not garbage, in the 4th grade of primary school I wrote a story which was read to high schoolers as an example. Ever since, I was writing on the internet a lot.
I just struggle with promotion.
>>
>>18159230

im not sure i follow. but if you care about beauty, first you need to explore ugliness and averageness, to tell us what beauty is. You have to kinda parse all that information you have. writing is a little like a rubik's cube, you cant just jump to getting all the matching colors on one side without going through all the different colors.
>>
Use Medium. It's set up like a journalist/"news" site, except nobody actually gets paid and you can write whatever you want, in article format. It has built in discovery tools so readers will find you, though not many so you'd probably want to crosspost them somewhere like Reddit if you needed maximum attention.
>>
>>18159239
It is more of analysis, you know... Like paper you write in school. But I see your point, treat people like they are children and explain everything.
I just wish I was born in Japan during the Heian times...
>>18159242
Description looks nice, I will try, thanks.
>>
>>18159235
if you build it they will come. focus on building something. id stay away from facebook and the like personally. You need a blog type place, medium is good, but wonder what else.
>>
>>18159256
Me too...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.