[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with philosophy If there is freedom of the will,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1464953174033.jpg (2MB, 3500x1642px) Image search: [Google]
1464953174033.jpg
2MB, 3500x1642px
I need help with philosophy

If there is freedom of the will, then the universe is:
a. Interdeministic
b. Finite
c. Deterministic
d. Infinite
.none of the above
>>
I'd say it could be A,C or just none of the above. There is no correct answer with philosophy, you just need to be able to explain the reasoning behind what you think.
>>
>>18158731
There's not really any free will because the universe is deterministic but the illusion is just as good. It changes nothing to think about this. You still have to live life, you still have to make decisions. The ego exists, the thoughts it thinks and the decisions it makes still exist.
>>
>>18158785
I think that really depend on your definition of free will.
Of course, everything you do is a reaction to something that happend in the past. Sure, you can "choose" how to react to most things but you actually only choose a certain reaction because of your learned dispositions and genes.
But to me, exactly this is free will. What else would it be?
Making a decision without any outside influence would be impossible, because you wouldn't know anything.
>>
>>18158785
So what's the fucking answer, smartguy?
>>
Interdeministic? What?. You mean
a. Indeterministic?

Because that's the answer.
>>
Everything in the universe is a law. Fire, the human body and also "free will". This means that the universe is like a computer and everything there is in it, is a program. But there is no program in the universe which can describe the computer itself. This is because we are the universe. Every partical in our body, can be found somewhere else in this iniverse. See this as your eyes which can see everything, but itself. Or a scale which can weigh everything but itself.

That beingis said the only option I can think of is D.
>>
File: Don_Quijote_and_Sancho_Panza.jpg (354KB, 654x905px) Image search: [Google]
Don_Quijote_and_Sancho_Panza.jpg
354KB, 654x905px
If there is to be freedom of the will, the subsequent requirements would be that there is enough room for such will to play around in. Ergo, the universe is infinite.
>>
A)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.