[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to not fail at life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1464818191626.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464818191626.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
What is the best way for an unconventional person to succeed? My goal is to become respected and eccentric but to avoid being a creepy weirdo. What do? No middle ground seems to exist.
>>
>>18158723
Go to school, you doofus.
>>
>>18158723
Depends on the career you're trying to peruse, respected and eccentric can work, but not always.
>>
>>18158740
When does it fail
>>
>>18158751
When you give up
>>
>>18158752
Some people never give up and still fail
>>
>>18158756
That's the REALLY eccentric people. You don't want anything to do with them.
They should be suffering but for some reason aren't.
>>
>>18158759
I am one of those people
>>
Academia is the solution for you. There will be people teaching you the whole way, and you will eventually become respected, and it's sort of expected that you'll be a bit weird. You won't get rich, but if you have super autism powers, you cannot fail.
>>
>>18158723

you're wrong. ONLY middle grounds exist, and everyone will still categorize you as only an extreme based on what best suits their agenda.
>>
actually i have experience there. you will be respected as long as you a talent they need from you. Think NCIS or some cop show with weird nerd who helps them. What they dont show you is how they talk about that weird nerd if he is not so useful, you dont want to be that. But all in all, being eccentric means you have to be a great person, like steve jobs. You cant be average, because that puts you at everybodys mercy who will outcast you on first impression. Its name of the game they play, nothing personal. If i had to do it again, id gain a skill everybody wants
>>
>>18159185

this. professors are insane but academics are well respected by the general public. Plus you get to spend your life being the expert on some niche shit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.