[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I overcome depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1489771403744.jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
1489771403744.jpg
6KB, 245x205px
how do I overcome depression?
>>
>>18158614
Certainly not by posting sad cats.

Better start telling us what is wrong with your life, what have you tried to improve it and why it failed.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
>>18158618
>tfw studying CS in college first year
>tfw being depressed and wanting to quit (already missed two weeks already but since college teach so slow didn't miss a shit)
>tfw thinking about suicide and quiting my college
>tfw thinking about quiting my dream of making games
>tfw I have nothing else to do
>tfw I can't quit because I'm already 28
>tfw I want a gf
>>
>>18158621
How is your social life?
How is your physical health?
What happened that made you get into college so late?
What's your reason for being depressed?
Why do you want a girlfriend?
What are your hobbies or interests?
Do you have other dreams besides game making?
What do you want from your life?
>>
>>18158630
>social life
I'm a introvert.
Only want to meet girls, but my major is a sausage party, have no problem socializing.

>physical health
have no money for a gym right now.

>college so late
is not late, I've met several people on 30 at first year.

>reason for being depressed
my dream is too hard.

>why I want a gf
never had one.

>hobbies or interest
a lot

>Do you have other dreams
making art.

>What do you want from life
making my dream.
>>
File: 1487823875013.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1487823875013.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
http://pastebin.com/BSZDiAKd
>>
File: 1433117500209.png (222KB, 1215x817px) Image search: [Google]
1433117500209.png
222KB, 1215x817px
>>18158647
"A man, a real man, had no right to let sorrow destroy him."-John Steinbeck

http://www.artofmanliness.com/man-knowledge/11237/?c=10
>>
Here's what I did.
>catch your negative thinking
>find a positive spin on what you were just thinking about
>use a punishment system like a rubber band when you get depressed thoughts if you need to
>once you've stopped being depressed start trying to experience move things
>move out, go to college, gain a taste for the arts
>improve yourself physically
>gain a skill which you turn into a prosperous career
>depression won't come back
I owned depression.
>>
>>18158614
just kill yourself
>>
>>18158614
Kek I found out the other day that there's a form of depression that you have all your life and it's constant with some days being gloomy rather than really depressed. Sounds like hell. I think I might have it but I haven't had the tests done to confirm it.
Persistent depressive disorder or dysthymia.
>>
>>18158614
YOU THINK 4CHAN KNOWS THE ANSWERS? BE MORE SPECIFIC.
>>
In my personal experience with depression, there's a not a single quote or shitty half-assed suggestion out there that's going to fix your problem. People telling you to exercise? Do yoga? Eat right? Tell you to put a positive spin on things?

Fuck those guys. There's a worm at your core. Something that nags you. For lack of a better word, there's probably something that triggers your depression. Until we know more about your situation, we can only take random stabs at what it could be.

Maybe you're failing a class, and you're a perfectionist so a single slap on the wrist sends you in deep.

Maybe you've been told all your life that real men should be knee deep in pussy at your age and you're not.

Maybe you're late getting into college and being surrounded by younger people makes you feel like you're a loser.

What I'm saying is that you may have a vulnerability that's bleeding your ego dry and sinking you into a depression. It could be multiple things. It's not a quick fix, but if the cause of your depression is something like that, you can make a plan.
>>
Lift weights. Seriously.
>>
I'm not sure it's possible. It's becoming terminal for me.

Just don't let it get terminal. You can do that, right?
>>
>>18161625
how old are you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.