[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played contact sports for 10 years. I read on the red pill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: angelica_rodolfo.jpg (521KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
angelica_rodolfo.jpg
521KB, 1936x1936px
I played contact sports for 10 years.

I read on the red pill that you're a bitch if you don't know how to fight. That the confidence that comes knowing you can fuck someone up if they test you is invaluable.

So I took up BJJ for a year and boxing for another- but I'm fucking bored with them and have much more fun just hitting the gym and playing my other sports.

I'm thinking of quitting combat sports al together but I feel like I need it to be alpha and a man, plus bjj is expensive as tits

what should i do
>>
>>18157492
buy a pistol? think for yourself? i dunno man
>>
>>18157492

You don't need to be always ready to throw down to be a man. I'm personally very interested in combat sports, but I have 0 interest in other sorts of sport. Does me not enjoying football or basketball make me less of a man? Am I more of a man if I don't like these things but can kick your ass?

Part of being a man is being your own person; allowing others to dictate your interest is one of the least masculine things you can do.
>>
>>18157492
>I read on the red pill
That was your first mistake.
>>
>>18157507
cry more, it's fun to watch

>>18157492
You realize they have their own ask section right? Also calling bait if you're "bored" with BJJ and boxing.
>>
>>18157506
>Am I more of a man if I don't like these things but can kick your ass?

uhm, yes?

hypothetical scenario

you beat the shit out of a guy in front of his girl
his girl is turned on and wet, and disgusted at the weak man she was with
she now wants to fuck you

so yes. Yes you are more of a man if you can kick my ass.
>>
>>18157510

Let's go with this hypothetical scenario. Say that I also personally value loyalty in a woman and will not lower my standards for such a woman. Let's also say that I also have the ability to have a successful love life without lowering my standards.

Am I less of a man because I wouldn't have sex with this woman? Am I less of a man if I have no need to spend my energy kicking your ass to make your girlfriend desire me? Am I less of a man if I therefore don't do so, investing my energy into things I actually value?
>>
>>18157509
>Also calling bait if you're "bored" with BJJ and boxing.

dude I competed in 4 regional tournaments, go 2,3 sometimes 4 times a week, watched technique videos when i had some free time

i sucked shit BJJ sure but as an activity i gave it an honest fucking shot and I feel like dozing off in class 80% of the time. it was a chore for me but i told myself i needed to keep showing up so i could learn to be confident and be more of a man.
>>
>>18157509
I'm not crying over a faceless person over the internet, I just thought I'd offer my advice. This is /adv/ after all. Red pill is basically a cult of people who think they know how everything works despite all evidence to the contrary. That much security in any belief system is idiotic.
>>
>>18157510
No, it just means you're just another wannabe toughguy that feels worthless if he's not putting somebody down.
>>
>>18157510

Also, on the flip side, let's say your girlfriend is watching me play basketball with you. Instead of learning how to fight, you practice this sport which you enjoy. I lose terribly; I am absolutely rekt--humiliatingly so.

Am I less of a man because I didn't put in the work to be a good basketball player and you did? Even though I can kick your ass afterwards? If you rekt me in a game and my only reaction was, "FIGHT ME, BITCH," I 100% guarantee that no woman would be attracted to me.
>>
>>18157518
>"FIGHT ME, BITCH," I 100% guarantee that no woman would be attracted to me.

more like most women would be attracted to you
>>
>>18157514
Sorry, I should have ended this post some clarification on the advice. My advice is to think for yourself and not let other peoples' values define you.
>>
>>18157519

I hope you're trolling. Me not being good at basketball is literally no reason to instigate a fight with somebody to save face. Do you actually live in a place where women desire insecurity in men?
>>
>>18157512
>loyalty
>women

lol
>>
>>18157507
They've got a couple good ideas there, but there's a huge amount of retardation as well.
>>
>>18157514
T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>18157523

Precisely. The loyal woman is a rare gem. I won't waste my time on anything less.
>>
>>18157522
>Do you actually live in a place where women desire insecurity in men?

The real world. I've seen shit like this unfold in lower, middle, and upper class spoiled rich kid environments.

Are you telling me if you got your shit kicked in in front of your wife, she'd look at you the same way afterwards, as her strong man? Or a bitch boy who can't protect her from attackers? She might say something like 'ugh those insecure brutes don't worry baby' but they're really thinking how they want to get fucked by that aggressive Gronk who just painted your face black and blue.
>>
>>18157492
Realistically, how many people are you likely to encounter in the real world who have the level of strength, fitness, training, and experience that you have? What is the likelihood that you would come into conflict with them? What is the likelihood that you would not be appropriately armed and capable of negating any physical or experiential advantage they might have over you?

Life is about percentages. Make a rational call, use your limited resources wisely.
>>
>>18157529

...except there's a world of difference between being able to defend yourself if attacked and trying to fight somebody because you were shown up in another regard.
>>
>>18157529

For the record, the only action you'll get from trying to start unwelcomed fights (as in the case of trying to fight somebody because you lost terribly at basketball) is from hairy dudes in prison.
>>
>Are you telling me if you got your shit kicked in in front of your wife, she'd look at you the same way afterwards, as her strong man?

>>18157536
>>18157539

Why don't you address the question?
>>
>>18157492
Stop wasting your time and money on BJJ. It's a meme and no one will respect you for taking a guy down. Learn how to hit a guy and work on building up your body and you're fine.
>>
>>18157535
>Realistically, how many people are you likely to encounter in the real world who have the level of strength, fitness, training, and experience that you have?

If you have an attractive girlfriend they will make their presence known to you and her.
>>
>>18157542

Again, being able to defend yourself is one thing; it's good to know how to defend yourself.

Why don't you address the fact that defending yourself and starting a fight with somebody purely because you weren't the best at something are different?
>>
>>18157547
she doesn't care why the fight happened
she cares who won
>>
>>18157545

honestly girls arent attracted to dumb brutes who just pick random fights. they want a man who knows when to pick his battles but WINS them when he does.
>>
File: 1488510120295.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1488510120295.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>18157492

>I read on the red pill that you're a bitch if you don't know how to fight

>I read on the red pill

>red pill
>>
>>18157554
>honestly girls arent attracted to dumb brutes who just pick random fights.

I'll believe it when they stop fucking the dumb brutes
>>
File: BasedGod.jpg (57KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
BasedGod.jpg
57KB, 500x600px
>>18157559

go back to incels bub
>>
>>18157559
the ones that do just arent worth your time anyway. a decent girl wants a man who will stick up for her but not one who fights random idiots on the street just for running their mouths. im guessing youre a KHV
>>
>KVs pretending they know women from things they read on the internet: the thread
>>
>>18157492
Mma is hideously overrated. Try a more traditional Chinese or Japanese martial art and keep lifting if you're still interested in learning to fight
>>
>>18157665
Karate at casual level: spar once a week

Karate at serious level: spar twice a day

BJJ at casual level: spar 10 times a day
>>
>>18157670
I think your main problem is that you're stupid
>>
>>18157691
Karate and wing chun are filled with weebs and so is BJJ to a lesser extent
>>
This is such a bait thread, and you're all taking it so seriously.

OP, on the odd chance you're serious, even if you take The Red Pill seriously (protip it's a dumb meme), a key concept is not doing things that you don't want to do, particularly to be an -alpha-. The true alpha does as he wants, etc. Whatever, it's all dumb, but if you're trying to make yourself happy (i.e. ignoring women etc.) why do something you don't enjoy?
>>
>>18158457
>The true alpha does as he wants, etc

So the fat fedora nerd who stuffs his face with his cheesy puffs and jizz-covered fingertips alpha? He's doing what he wants
>>
>>18157492
I suspect some form of autism. So, seek professional help.
>>
>>18159468
>ask for literally anything
>KEK AUTIST

pathetic
>>
>>18157691
Not an argument.

>>18158443
Pick BJJ, they'll stop being weebs after they get meteor'd into the mat a thousand times.

>>18158457
Leave /adv/ if you don't like bait threads; the bait is better than the 'sincere' threads here.

>>18159465
Not an argument.

>>18159468
Not an argument.
>>
>>18159471
Seek professional help. They can help you in ways /adv/ could not.
>>
>>18159479
Not an argument.
>>
>>18159480
I'm serious here, I had problems. Shrink really help a lot.
>>
>>18157492

i've done martial arts for 15+ years, but even after that time I acknowledge that a fight and a match are two entirely different things. A sparring partner isn't trying to kill you, but a junkie at a street corner might be. Being deluded that after a year of practicing a sport X you know shit is just stupid. Doing a sport for even decades doesn't really teach you shit about fighting. Even if you can throw a punch, it doesn't mean you stand a chance in a fight with someone bigger and meaner. Any martial art is just that in the end, a sport, and won't make you anymore "alpha" than you were to begin with. Sure, they might help you to get in shape and teach you dicipline, but if you're a bitch, then you are a bitch, even if you know a few moves to score points with.
>>
>>18159477
Not an argument

>>18159479

Not an argument

>>18159487

Not an argument
>>
>>18159498
Not an argument
>>
>>18157492
I would read Machiavelli instead.

I would never get into a direct fight ever. That's stupid and risky.

Instead I would plan to sabotage and backstab.

For example there is a guy who works with me at a rehab center who is a dick to me. I may or may not have had the idea to slip some coke into the thirst buster he keeps at his desk and to plant some in his car then report suspicious behavior on his part. I mean I wouldn't. But I could.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.