[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afraid I'm autistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1457927432670.jpg (17KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1457927432670.jpg
17KB, 275x275px
Crowning up I've really struggled to make and maintain friends. I don't really seem to relate to anybody, and after a while of being friends with people they begin to hate me.

I usually have the most success making friends when I'm reclusive and just say nothing. But I am not even introverted, I'm just afraid to talk and have people hate me.

I struggle to make friends even online. I'm disliked in even the most autistic online communities.

I don't know what to do.

Feeling pretty fuggin suicidal ngl
>>
Hahaha fugging autist :DDDDDDDDDDDD
I bet you wouldn't even fit in on literal autism forums xDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>18156495
You described your situation pretty good, but i dont see problem?

And since you see friendship as a job, a commitment you have to upkeep, doesnt it look to you like too much effort with no rewards whatsoever?

Imagine you had friends. What would you do with them? Why do you want them?
>>
>>18156610
I get lonely without other people to talk to, and pretty depressed.
I kinda need people to function myself...

>>18156580
Probs
>>
>>18156495
sounds like a class 3 tism to me, bordering a stage 4 reversal. 64% chance reading that you measure positive for autism OP. Should get yourself checked
>>
>>18156766
>>18156580
I meant that I'm afraid I'm mentally retarded in some way or another
Someone suggested to me I might be autistic and was saddened because its probably true
>>
>>18156759
You make people to hang with you by doing some activities together. If you feel like they arent you involving in your life enough you have to be active and contact them first.

Even things like some multiplayer game, school, some sport, interpals.net, online meet ups whatever strikes your fancy.

YOU HAVE TO COMUNICATE WITH THEM or die alone. Your choice. It is not that hard.
>>
>>18156822
Perhaps you misunderstood. People don't like me and I struggle to be likeable because I don't know why people dislike me...
>>
>>18156834
Most people only really make friends of convenience. Take college students for example OP. If a college student had 15 close friends in college, odds are only 1 of them will still be a close friend within a year of graduation. 14 of the 15 were only friends based on convenience
>>
>>18156834
>people dont like me
1) you have to be person
2) you have to own some knowledge, interest or opinion about something
3) you find people who has something common with 2) as you

So which part do you have problems with?

>>18156841
This is true because you keep friends via common interests / activities like school
>>
>>18156841
I don't have a single close friend
I only have a couple friends of convenience
>>
>>18156850
You know how i made friends?
>real life
Picked up the most sad looking dude in the class and chat him up. Literally my first sentence towards him:
>hi, what is your name, can i sit next to you?
And then our friend group slowly grew up as school went. Yes it is that easy.
>online
Pick up any online game. Chat up some strangers. Add them as buddies and keep telling them everything on your mind. With a bit of luck you hit some who plays regurally. Best games are with some sort of lobbies where you can be "afk" and chat. After 1 month i made two good friends one from germany other from romania and we shared all our problems.
The key online is to get some of their messenger so if they drop out the game, you can still keep in touch.

Mainly the problem is you, being afraid to share your life with strangers.
>>
File: 1486881691937.jpg (75KB, 550x449px) Image search: [Google]
1486881691937.jpg
75KB, 550x449px
>>18156495
OP you don't have an illness. You say you're not an introvert, yet you resort to being reclusive. It sounds to me like you're the kind to start off interesting and then shut down. People 'dislike' you because you pull your punches.

Just don't be reclusive. Stop trying to figure out how to avoid being disliked, and go all in with putting yourself out there for people YOU like. Sure everyone won't like you; some people are fickle. But those who do will want someone who doesn't let apprehension dictate how comfortable he feels with them.
>>
>>18156495
Actually made exx dee, I don't hate you OP.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.