[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends with Ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Would you ever want to be friends with your ex if you (girl) were the one who broke up in the first place or does it mean you are clearly over your guy and don't want anything to do with him.

My gf broke up with me, but we keep "touch" in twitter and insta liking our pictures and tweets, but whenever I try to talk to her casually she is distant and retreating.

...and if you need reasoning for the break up, it's because she had a crush on her regular customer at her job in a bar so she broke up with me because of mixed feelings
>>
Girls do that because they like having a dependable source of attention and feel secure knowing they can have you as backup.

If you still have feelings for her, tell her you don't want to be friends but get in touch if you want to "start iver," then go full no contact. No texts, calls, likes, never look at her social media, etc. unless she wants to meet up and talk in person, she's dead to you.

Do you want her back? If so, stop being her fucking backup plan.
>>
Start over*
>>
>>18156754

You got your answer, OP.

Go fuck some other girls and stop thinking about your ex. You should not be friends with her.

If you think being friends with an ex is a backdoor into starting a new relationship you're in for heartbreak. Chances are she's fucking someone else right now.
>>
>>18156290
>Would you ever want to be friends with your ex
No. The reasoning doesn't really matter, but that part of my life is over. Whether I didn't want you, or vice versa, I'm done giving you attention. Whenever my friends have done what you're describing, it's because they want fallback attention or to not feel like terrible people.
>>
>>18156290
If you don't feel as beings friends with her is something natural and normal for yourself then don't. You don't really need to ask somebody else.
>>
>>18156290
girls are talkative by nature, so if she doesnt talk to you, she doesnt like you.
>>
>>18156832
This.

I have some girl I talk with right now who has a boyfriend and we were just friends talking on and off about stuff, then when we ran out of stuff to talk about we got into more serious things and told each other stuff we haven't told anyone else and started being all flirty and she seemed and was interested.
Dunno what it was about this girl though that made her different from others I know that like me that I don't have feelings for but I like her and she reciprocated saying she liked me.
Then she said she needed space and we didn't talk for a few days and she ended up all distant afterwards. I know why, pretty simple.
Hard to convince myself to get over her and stop talking now since I haven't actually liked anyone back in a few years.
The only thing she does different now is we talk on the phone and watch dumb movies but I'm pretty sure I'm just her verbal "boyfriend" since she says hers doesn't talk with her or do much aside from buy her shit and take her and she doesn't have any other guy friends.

Digressing back to OP.
Fuck it's hard OP. But these guys are right. When I broke up with my ex no contact whatsoever was the only way to get over her and Stop feeling used because that's what it is.
>>
>>18156290

I'm friends with two of my exes (guy), but one was a high school romance, so those days barely count for anything anymore, and the second breakup was super amicable - both of us had fallen out of our interest in each other, had differing philosophies on life, and had met other people, and it became increasingly apparent there wasn't a romantic future between us. We mutually agreed to part ways and there were no hurt feelings. So, we remained friends, and have to this day. She's married now, and I'm happy for her.

I think your situation sounds bad, though. Like she wants to have her cake and eat it too.
>>
Holy fuck OP are you me but with the gender roles reversed? Like verbatim
>>
>>18156290
I wouldn't be friends with anybody who disrespected me like that.
>>
I'm kinda in the same situation as you are. The difference is that she doesn't seem distant and retreating whenever we talk. What should I think? Is she having me as her backup plan or something?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.