[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ROOMIE FROM HELL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3083.jpg (103KB, 815x1053px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3083.jpg
103KB, 815x1053px
I really need help. I'm a freshman at a university. This is my first year staying in a dorm and my roommate lied in her profile so she would seem better than she is. She is so rude. She sleeps all day. She never showers. She actually sleeps with food in her bed. She is up late with friends in the room then sleeps all day cos she is tired. Then she gets mad at me for waking her up at noon cos I have things to do and she is trying to sleep. She literally sleeps nonstop. She smells. She is so lazy. She is trying to get into Ivy League but skips class almost everyday. Anyway, today I came back from class and she was in the room cos she skipped again. She was doing homework. I was tired since she kept me up late last night watching tv so I wanted to nap. She got pissed at me for turning off the lights and I told her to go to the lounge cos that's what I do when she is trying to sleep (literally every day). She says I'm so disrespectful and that I'm an awful roommate. I started telling her that she sleeps all of the time and she just started making up lies to make her look better when we both know she is lying. She is so loud even my RA has talked to me about it. Please help. What do I do? She is so selfish and will never listen to me or even give up anything if it means that she can't get her way even the slightest bit. PLEASE HELP. We were in a screaming match earlier and I was so mad I was shaking.

Some info on her: bisexual, feminist, 200+ pounds, "emo", listens to HU and 21P. Has pink hair.
>>
>living in the dorm
why are you wasting your money like this? Just commute from home.

As to your question though, I think you should go to your RA and talk to him about this. There's nothing really I can say that will help this situation.
>>
>>18155755
My school is 3+ hours away from home
>>
>>18155760
>going to a school 3+ hours away from home instead of one within commuting distance so you don't have to spend tens of thousands a year on a shitty overpriced room and dining hall
why are you wasting your money like this?
>>
>>18155764
Cos I have the money to? And this is the best school around for what I'm studying
>>
>>18155764
Also I have to be in a dorm for 2 years. Requirements.
>>
>>18155768
are you actually the one paying for your education?

>>18155769
what the fuck kind of requirement is that, are you at a maritime college or something
>>
>>18155777
No. I hate the idea of it. It's a really good university. And my parents are paying. I'd love to live in a house off campus but I gotta wait for that.
>>
i stopped reading at feminist.
>>
>>18155784
YEAH I FUCKING HATE HER. SHE IS SO A GROSS FEMINIST AAAAHHHH. I'm so sick of all of this feminist shit. Fuckers like her make all women look bad
>>
>>18155741

Talk to your college about it, not us.
>>
>>18155797
I just want advice on what I should do. It's too late in the year to change anything. How should I handle it?
>>
>>18155783
so you have no problem wasting your parents money for no reason?

spoiled brat
>>
>>18155741
Talk to the RA or the head of the residence halls about switching rooms or moving to a single. Enough people drop out in midyear that there should be some alternatives open to you.
>>
>>18155777
A lot of schools require students to live in dorms first 2 years unless they are commuters or are above 21.
>>
>>18155741
lol that's your fault you should've known when you saw her the first time. Also did you at least meet in person BEFORE agreeing to have her live with you?
>>
>>18155857
Her stated reason is that she is attending this college because it is highly rated for her major. Just because her parents are paying for her education at this point it is a leap to call her a spoiled brat. What makes you jump to that conclusion?
>>
>>18156255
because there is no bigger scam than the idea of the "elite institution" for your undergrad

college has become a business and the "college experience" is nothing but an upsell
>>
>>18156273
You have a valid point about the college experience used as an upsell. And nobody mentioned elite institution but you. Also some colleges really do have better programs than others, ranging from the quality of the teaching, to internships, networking opportunities and job placement. The location of her school could also be playing a huge factor in this.

Back to my question from before, why is she a spoiled brat? Just because she is attending a college that she wants to attend?
>>
>>18156273

How in the world are elite schools scams? Especially in fields like engineering, having a degree from one of these elite institutions does legitimately give you a head-start in your career, whether it be from connections or from the fact that companies recognize the name. These elite schools have the money and resources to hire the best people in the world to teach their students; this inherently correlates with the quality of education you receive.

I understand that you might feel bad about not going to a famous school (or college at all?), but that doesn't change the fact that there are obvious benefits. And, no, you don't need to go to an elite school to be successful, but calling somebody a spoiled brat simply because her parents have money to afford an expensive education is somewhat irrational... even more so when OP has clearly demonstrated the foresight to take advantage of her parents' ability to do this by getting the best education she can in the subject area she knows she wants to pursue.

She's lucky, yes, but she hasn't done anything to suggest that she's spoiled. Did she earn the money her parents have to spend on her education? No, but there's nothing wrong with her taking advantage of that for the sake of something as positive as education.
>>
>roomie
>rude
>cat pic
you sound cute, OP. :3 Are you cute?
>>
>>18155857
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Shes just trying to get the best education and her parents worked hard to provide it for her. She deserves that chance just as much as anyone else, and she was Lucky enough to have the means to do so.

With my current job if i had a kid i could easily save and send them to thr very best university anywhere in the world. And Im a carpenter so no i didnt use my parents money to get my job before you inevitably throw that one at me.

It would be my pride, my honour, and my priviledge to provide my children with the best opportunities i sweat and bled to provide.

Think about OPs roommate, how her parents must feel their shit ass daughter is wasting their time and money failing all her courses. Thats a spoiled brat.
>>
Lots of folks ITT talking about how spoiled you are for using your parent's money for school. That's pretty typical for 4chan but you don't need to listen to them.

In the short term, there are a few things you can do to make living with her easier. Try not to let your personalities clash and just focus on improving your living environment. You aren't in charge of her, so don't try to confront her about skipping class. Let her make her own decisions there. She doesn't deserve an apology from you about the screaming match, but it would help you gain some respect from her and help you to negotiate with her. Most dorms have designated quiet hours. That would cover things like watching tv, making lots of noise, and turning the lights on late at night. Ask your RA to help you find the official quiet hours.

Long term, talk with RA about switching rooms. Maybe one is available. You probably need to go through the appropriate campus housing group which can be a lot of hassle. Don't take no for an answer from them and keep showing up in their office if they reject you the first time. Your parents may be able to help with this.

It's pretty normal for freshman to want to murder their roommates, so take solace in the fact that you aren't the only one with a shitty roommate. Start looking for more responsible roommates and larger living spaces for next year.
>>
>>18155777
most top universities require you live on campus for the first two years in order to force people to form friendships and shit because that increases happiness and by extension retention rates.
>>
>>18157452
>normal

This.

I lived in a house with 6 strangers.

We wound up forming factions and it turned into an all out war. Everyone hated their lives that year.

Its very hard to find people you can cohabitate with.
>>
>>18155930
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18155741
Hey OP,

Talk to your RA and see if you can stay with a friend in the meantime. If you have a boyfriend stay with him until you can swap rooms. If worse comes to worse plant drugs in your roommates area and call the cops.

I hope you learned a valuable lesson that you should never trust fat people. I hope it all works out kiddo because home should be a place to relax
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.