[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf doesn't support me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0325.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0325.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I recently noticed that whenever I try to do something to better myself my gf is always there to try to hinder that. Mostly because it takes away from what she views as "our time". I think she's manipulating the situation because I have a very hard time following through with things and so she knows that if I can't come up with a decent plan I'll fail anyway. I realized this last night when I tried to work on a time management schedule to see how I spent all my time and she kept harping on the idea of it. I explicitly said, you may not like the idea but I could use your support and she said "I just don't think it will work". I'm not one to keep track of things that slight me but this is something I noticed. Been dating two years; we live together. What should I do?
>>
>>18155490
>to better myself
Gonna need more examples than
>time management schedule
????????

>if I can't come up with decent plan I'll fail anyway
What?

>she's manipulating situation
All females do this. Question is, does she do it in or against your favor and if you truly mind. Because you know once real man decide to improve himself, no amount of bitching and manipulation can stop him. Atm you sound like you are using your gf as an excuse to your failures.
>>
Tell her to shut the fuck up. Shell act like she doesn't like it, but she secretly will.
>>
>>18155592
More examples of how I'm trying to better myself or how she's hindering me?

A big flaw of mine is following through with things and I've had the best results when I've had a plan, rather than just giving myself a general idea of what I want. The difference in "I want to get a bachelors degree" and "I'm getting my BA by taking two classes a semester and will be done by x time" (although even that example is vague)

I'm not using her as an excuse. I guess I need advice on how to get her to see it and solve this issue, not motivation. Sorry if I was unclear
>>
>>18155490
gfs are supposrd to support you for your dreams and aspirations, not a stupid time schedule. if it doesnt work shes being real with you. instead of doing that why not delete your distractions like fb or vidyas and go back when things are normal again
>>
>>18156029

unfortunately humans are not robots you can program to suit your needs.

I have a buddy who's girlfriend rules his life. the rule is that if she ISNT working a shift then he NEEDS to be spending time with her.

no amount of talking or explaining will change a persons nature, thats a much bigger journey that they will try to overcome over the course of their life, if ever. the truth is you need to decide if you can work despite her, or can only work without her.

I'm an independent. I thrive off of being single and i break up with who ever I am seeing anytime i pick up a major project because I know they will only get in the way.

but you said you need her support. so your choices are have her there without her support

or NOT have her and still not have her support.

frankly id pick the latter becuase it at least opens you up to meeting more supportive people. but thats just me.,
>>
The first reply had it right:
>all females do this

You have to realize that no other person is in control of your destiny than you. So if you want something badly enough, you have to cultivate that desire enough to get results. I think that the "support" you're looking for is actually just asking for permission if it's okay.

>you may not like the idea but I could use your support

You're asking your gf if it's okay to better yourself and make the changes you want. However she is resistant to it because your action is the mirror that reflects her lack of change. She wants you to stay the same because, in her eyes, you will stay with her. If you go off and become better then she feels that you're leaving her behind and you will be worth more than her, thus will eventually look more attractive to other girls and she will have to fight for your attention and love. It's all just selfish on her end and she will sabotage you if she feels her situation is threatened.
>>
Thanks everyone for the info. I am going to keep moving forward but I'm a bit worried how this will play out. I don't want to HAVE to lose my girlfriend. Anyway, I appreciate the help
>>
>>18155490
>I try to do something to better myself my gf is always there to try to hinder that.
Tell her to fuck off, and you do what you planned on doing.
>takes away from "our time"
See above. You can make time for her later. Set up your shit and do it. Let her complain, and when you feel like it, spend some time with her.
>>
>>18156476
>I don't want to lose my girlfriend
Better than losing your happiness. If you want to get shit done, do what you have to do. Sometimes you've gotta take the loss, especially if you're doing what's good for you. Don't let a bitch drag you down. She can either come up with you, or stay where she is.
>>
What do you mean bettering yourself? The only example you gave was graduating from college in like a decade, which is a horrible plan.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.