[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have crippling social anxiety to the point where I stutter,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1445973452592.jpg (66KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
1445973452592.jpg
66KB, 399x382px
I have crippling social anxiety to the point where I stutter, come across confused and with severe word salad. Its like my mind cant process the thoughts while Im with a person because Im too worried how theyll judge me. Also, Im bland and boring -- super conformist and trying to appear perfect. But I have a very monotone voice.

However, when I drink and snort coke while partying Im completely the opposite and everything feels normal and how I should be in my work/relationships.

What do I do? I really dont want to mix fun with work, but my social skills in my professional life are really starting to hinder me.
>>
Understand that we're all going to die, the concept of a hierarchy is an illusion and no matter what happens in your social interaction it won't be a big deal in a week or a month so just don't worry about it. What helped me the most was understanding everybody has insecurities, whether they know how to hide them or not, you just have to feel like you're on equal ground with whoever you're talking to and don't be afraid to speak your mind. Don't start drinking or doing coke during the day as a means of loosening up, just recognize that some part of you is capable of functioning socially and put in the time that it takes to change your perspective enough to do the same sober. When it comes to communicating in a workplace environment or in an interview you just have ti be confident in your skills and go from there, you're not paid to make small talk you're paid to do a task and if you know you can do that task effectively you just have to convey that with every interaction.
>>
>>18154991
OK, so often I feel out of place work. But I talked to my manager and asked him upfront whether they will hire me on for the next contract and he said yes, and that my performance is good. But at the same time Im very ambitious and I want to go far. My social skills are holding me back and I know it, thats why I asked here. Im trying so hard to be confident, but I always end up nervous and just completely a wreck with just casual conversations that should be simple stuff
>>
>>18154999
Also, forgot to mention that I only ever open up to people emotionally when Im really drunk or high on coke -- other than that I'm quite literally emotionless and robotic. I just can't emotionally relate to people unless I'm drunk or coked up.

I don't really know what to do with that, though
>>
Just practice by having a conversation with yourself in the mirror, or with parents and friends. Like any ither skill it takes practice. Also, learning deep breathing exercises that will help you relax is a good plan. Check out elliot hulse on youtube
>>
Idk what to do about the Aspergers tho
>>
>>18155010
Thats the thing, when Im with someone Im really comfortable with I'm completely myself, I actually love talking and I'm not at all conscious about how I look, talk or whatever. I talk to myself a lot when I walk to work or to stores to pick up groceries or whatever, but it's that instant when I start talking to someone I don't know so well that I freeze up, so to say
>>
>>18155018
Derive your self confidence from something else and stop caring so much what they think. That anxiety is a manifestation of your fear of judgement and you can only cure that by living yourself more
>>
>>18155071
Loving*
>>
>>18154981
>I have crippling social anxiety to the point where I stutter, come across confused and with severe word salad. Its like my mind cant process the thoughts while Im with a person because Im too worried how theyll judge me. Also, Im bland and boring -- super conformist and trying to appear perfect. But I have a very monotone voice.
same, these symptoms accentuate when i spend more time alone and if i smoke weed, however I know the way I talk so I balance it out with the way I act, and I act very impulsively based on my emotions, if I feel something is wrong, i fix it, if i feel like the conversation is too cold i just act playful with the person, if she angers me i leave, etc.

Basically, find the best way for you to communicate, it can also be texting or facial expressions
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.