[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, my girlfriend broke up with me a couple of weeks ago and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: same.jpg (69KB, 600x679px) Image search: [Google]
same.jpg
69KB, 600x679px
So, my girlfriend broke up with me a couple of weeks ago and I'm still in this odd state of being hurt so I thought I'd ask people on the internet for advice.

I thought we had a pretty good relationship but I don't know if I should think about it in that way since we've broken up. Me and my ex are still friends and she tries to assure me that there wasnt anything wrong that i was doing during the relationship to cause the break up.

I would find that bullshit but shes never changed her answer when I've asked her about it and she still some what acts as if she was in a relationship with me anyways. She still hangs out with my and my roommates, she still has sex with me, we talk and have movie nights all the time. She says that shes just not ready to be committed/ in a relationship at all at the moment. I feel like i should have a better understanding of this since we are both 20 and we're both at the same college.

It's just hard for me to think of her fucking around with other dudes. She floats the idea of getting back together later on and I feel like thats something I'd want to do since i enjoyed the relationship. She expects me to fuck around with other chicks during this time too but im fuckin gross so i dont see that happening any time soon.

So what do you think /adv/? Should i just let go of this completely? Should i keep some hope of getting back together? Should i even want to get back with her?
>>
You should let go.

Basically what she's saying is she wants to fuck other peoples. Sorry OP.
>>
>>18154908
I mean i know she wants to fuck other people. Shes not asking me to wait like a cuck either.

But i question why she still acts like something along the lines of a girlfriend, like why wouldnt she fuck off completely after the break up? there has to be more to it.
>>
>>18154915
you probably feel safe for each other. She wants to venture into the unknown but is afraid to go all the way.

My ex bf pulled this shit on me too. I stuck around because he floated the possibility of getting back together while he pursued other girls. Finally decided this shitty hamster wheel was getting boring and fucked off. Met the love of my life in a drunken party shortly after. Ex wasn't happy and tried to entice me back with empty promises. By then, my world had opened up and I was never going back. Meanwhile the girl he was banging dumped his ass and he got all mopey for what we used to have for a while.

I'd say just bounce. You deserve better than this limbo unless it's what you want. I know it hurts but you gotta disentangle. The world is a big place for you to explore, so embrace the situation man.
>>
>>18154924
Glad that worked out that way for you.

I guess I don't really know anything. I am planning on going out and meeting other women but I do feel like my prospects are kind of shit. And I know that makes it seem like I want to be in a relationship with this girl because I think im kinda trash but its not the case honestly.

Guess ill see how things go however far down the line this goes. Not going to shoot down some other relationship in the hopes of getting back together though.
>>
>>18154915
I am the person you're replying to.

The question that comes to mind for me is, what do you provide for her other than sex? She could be using you at this point if she doesn't want a relationship, weather its for money, an easy fuck or whatever. But if you know for a fact she isn't then I guess it isn't outside the realm of possibility that she would eventually be emotionally available but still, I wouldn't even bother.
>>
>>18154989
dunno if i should continue to bother either which is why i guess if and when she tries to get back together with me ill have to see if thats what i want to do at that time.

I guess i understand her whole commitment argument because we're 20 but the current situation is shit.

what do i provide for her? im not sure honestly, its def not cash cause im one poor college kid but i would think that i was able to provide good emotional support, sex, someone that she wanted/ and still chooses to spend her time with, so i dunno.
>>
honestly that last question is a pretty hard question lol. i feel like thats something that someone would need to ask her so her perspective is seen, given that she is the one who broke up with me.
>>
>>18154924
L?
>>
You need to cut her out of your life, and let yourself be you again, rather than "us". It's hard to lose a significant other when you're really good friends, but it wont work, at least not in the short term. Your attachment will continue and hurt you more the longer you prolong the relationship inside your head when it's already dead. You need complete separation to heal and reflect.

A lot of women will try to keep an ex in their pocket as a back-up plan. Don't let her hold onto you when she wanted to separate, dont get caught up in waiting for her, while she does whatever the fuck she wants.

Take this new time to resettle your life and better yourself for yourself. A better you will bring better girls and better opportunities in time.
>>
>>18155027
replying because i dont want you to think that you wrote all that out for nothing, im here on the verge of going to bed, and i appreciate what you said.

its going to take me time to cope with all that though.
>>
>>18155027
OP this is really sound advice I wish I had
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.