[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs with no degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1456833653964.jpg (20KB, 438x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456833653964.jpg
20KB, 438x400px
I need help /adv/ what jobs can a 19 year old punk who's willing to learn anything and work hard get without a degree? I need to be making about 2000 a month at least.
>>
>>18154618
You ever tried your hand at cooking/chefing?
It saved me, maybe it can do the same for you.
>>
>>18154618
Join a union. If you live near a big city they could pay higher than minimum
>>
>>18154618
Factory job payed about this, on site training, easy to pick up, no prerequisites. I worked in a health food factory, boxing products pretty much. Labour intensive but it'll get you fit and the money is well worth it.
>>
>>18154623
>>18154618
This. Plus it's fun and the people you work with will be pretty cool. Just don't get sucked in for too long, there's not much room for growth.
>>
>>18154641
Where? What factories hire? How much do you make?
>>18154623
Don't you have to go to culinary school?
>>
>>18154680
You might have to start off as a dishwasher, but depending on how hard you work you can cook within a month or two probably. Just let the owners/managers know its something you want to do right away.
>>
>>18154680
Nah dude, i never went to no school for it, just found the right people i guess.
>>
>>18154687
this
>>
>>18154687
>>18154691
>>18154696
But I have no skill in cooking. How easy is it? I mean, I can make some noodles and pasta, and hamburgers. cooking is some basic shit but idk what it takes.
>>
>>18154618
Collections, usually 28k a year salary plus monthly commisions so potenially 40k a year. They'll hire anyone. Its a shit job but most of the day your leaving messages and fucking off on your cell phone.
>>
>>18154707
It's hard to say how well you'll do because it largely depends on where you look for work. As someone with no skill, go for a greasy diner or a Mom n Pop type of place. As long as you have the common sense required for any job, and you can serve safe food without burning shit you'll be ok.

In the meantime, there's a wealth of cooking knowledge on Youtube. Try to get familiar with some of the terminology and tools and such. The rest is all about practice.
>>
>>18154710
What are some good companies?
>>18154715
The problem is that I am moving into an apartment with my Girlfriend out of necessity because we have nowhere to go (shitty parents) And I need to provide for her within 10 months.
>>
>>18154728
I don't really see what the problem is. Does she not work?
>>
>>18154733
I make 1200 a month. She only makes $300-600.
>>
>>18154737
Where do you live? Seems like that should be enough for a 1-bedroom.
>>
>>18154738
Ohio. total cost of living is going to be around 2000.
>>
>>18154744
why are your costs of living per month so high? Stop eating out,
Stop using the car so much,

in Ohio the max you should be paying for a one bedroom apartment I'm guessing would be in the $600 range maybe including/discluding utilities. You could probably get by with $400 a month on food if you cook and portion things out well (chicken and rice will be your bread and butter). That leaves a couple hundred left over for gas and shit, the rest you fucking save.
>>
>>18154633
This..... I'm a union member. I make min 5k a month, only work half the year. Helps to be single though. Away from home lots
>>
>>18154618
Have you considered getting a certification instead of schooling? Some take less than a year and you're done.
>>
>>18154618
2000 a month is like $14-15 an hr right? Try to get hired as a truck driver, in quite a few cases you wont need a CDL. Look for truck driver/delivery type jobs that dont require a CDL.
>>
>>18154762
It's two people man. I could get by on 100 bucks of shit myself.
>>
>>18154872
What would take less then a year? I thought about becoming a welder but apparently I need to take prerequisites and it'd take two years.
>>
>>18155331
Both bookkeeper and event planner take about a year, and make a median of more than the $2000 a month. I haven't done any research on this one, but the ads I keep hearing for massage therapist in my area also say it takes less than a year. Do a little research on certifications in your area.
>>
>>18154618
Where abouts in ohio are you? You should check out becoming an apprentice in a trade. Iron worker, electrician, are good around here in toledo. Unless it is a union job most factories don't pay too well starting out. 10 to 12 an hour. Do you and your gf just work part time now, any chance she will work more hours/find another job? Its one thing to be paying the rent and utilities but if she is only making 300 to 600 you probably will have to help her with her bills. Does she have a car? A smartphone? $600 goes fast and easy without a proper budget and real discipline. That is going to be true for the both of you. Good luck OP
>>
>>18154728
>>18154737
Why isn't she contributing by also looking to increase her income? Speaking from experience, your relationship is bound for the trash bin if you're not both trying to contribute equally to the finances, and "x person is too busy with schoo/x thing to work full time" is not an appropriate answer.
>>
>>18157481
I'm wondering about this too anon. I wonder how old is OPs gf and why do both of them have to move out? Does this have anything at all due to their relationship?
OP doesn't have the means to be supporting a gf that's only bringing 3 to 600 to the table. She needs to at least be able to cover her personal expenses and I doubt that she is living off 75 to150 bucks a week now.
>>
>>18154864
What union are you in?
I'm thinking of joining my local plumbers and pipefitters one, but they have a narrow application and acceptance rate.

Is it worth it?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.