[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got an Amazon interview tomorrow. Warehouse position. Shipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: jnnjjnnnkj.jpg (19KB, 745x559px) Image search: [Google]
jnnjjnnnkj.jpg
19KB, 745x559px
Got an Amazon interview tomorrow.

Warehouse position. Shipping and stocking mostly.

Just wanted to see if anyone had previous experience there, and could give me a realistic interpretation of what goes on there and what questions I could be expecting.
>>
>>18153858
This is why kids, go to school. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>18153887
sorry i'm a college freshman

just wanted to see if anyones worked in amazon m8.
>>
>>18153858
Memorize these, and you're pretty much guaranteed to get the job.

https://www.amazon.jobs/principles
>>
>>18153893
thanks m8
>>
>>18153935
No problem. If this thread is still up by the time the interview is over, be sure to let us know how it went.
>>
>>18153858
Hahaha it's gonna be hell unless you work at one of the facilities that ships to other amazons exclusively, then only kinda helly. 12hr shifts, never see the sun, the work varies but is generally tedius and mindnumbing. Also no electronics in the facility. Wear comfortable shoes, take tylenol before your first day too.

>>18153887
College grad and I took the job. You have to do what you have to do post 2000.
>>
>>18154011
>Also no electronics in the facility.

I'm a generally good worker. Dont text during my shift and stuff. But no phone on the floor?
>>
>>18154036
No you walk through metal detectors and if you have a phone it gets taken away from the day.
>>
Does Amazon test for weed in California? Other poster here.
>>
>>18154056
OP here, the one I am interviewing in NJ tests for all drugs.
>>
>>18154042
Damn I was gonna walk to my nearest place and use my phone as GPS. so i cant bring my phone?
>>
>>18154111
Trips of confusion. You can bring it and put it in a lunch pale but it's unguarded and you cant obviously see it because you're a warehouse away. A lot of people did that though.

>>18154056
There's no interview it's more of a preorientation where they also take a sample of your saliva.
>>
>>18154129
Gotcha man. Thanks for all your help.
>>
>>18154136
No problem. I'm really not joking about the tylenol. Bring a giant water bottle since they let you bring that. Oh and your orientation will probably last around 12 hours so be ready for that.
>>
>>18154143
Yeah I read through the email, it says this is not the orientation but the pre screening. I was prepared to give drug test and bring Gov't ID and all. Its just weird cause i've never worked in a corporate environment, I always have worked in mom and pop stores, or independent stores and stuff.
>>
>>18154153
Then you'll probably hate. Loads of people left after just a day and you'll see why. Especially if your "ambassadors" don't teach you shit or your Area Manager is a hard ass who says your 15 minute breaks are actually 5.
>>
>>18154169
Cool. I just discovered Glassdoor and going through all the reviews. Very helpful, once again thanks for the advice. It seems this isnt an interview, more of a rundown about the company and seeing when I can start. But I was a waiter, I'm used to no breaks on a 12 hour shift and sneaking wrong orders as food. As to why I left.
>>
>>18154176
No man trust me, this job fucking sucks. You'd be surpised how sore you'll ve even if you're fit. I know you usually take this out of necessity, but you won't even make that much money because lmao staffing agencies. Get in, get how much you need, get a better job, and get out
>>
>>18154183
Haha thats exactly what the Google review says. Something like "great as a TEMPORARY job." I only applied because i saw a news segment about a month a go saying Amazon was adding 1k jobs in my state, so I figured I applied.

One question i do have, all reviews are saying it could take over 2 months to even hear back about an orientation start date. That seems like an awfully long time.
>>
>>18154192
Hm that sounds specific to yours. I applied to mind heard back a couple weeks later and about a month after I was working. Funny thing is that they aren't creating jobs since they're just replacing temps with other temps.
>>
>>18154208
I feel you. Just a lot of these glassdoor reviews are saying that.And yeah thats the politically correct thing to say regarding 'jobs created'. The position I applied for is 'part time fulfillment center...." which is basically "work 39.5 hours so we dont have to provide medical and dental as a full time employee".
>>
>>18154217
The title means shit. Okay so basically there's two types of Amazon warehouses. One that ships to people (this is where sinners go) and one that ships to other Amazons (this is where lost souls go). All I know about the former is you're powerwalking 12 hours a day to fetch things, bend down, and reach. It's killer on your back. The latter facility can actually be, relatively, chill. I worked in universal which I hear is the comfiest, but my gf worked in inbound or something which had all sorts of problems. The people make a big difference, though this is true of any job. We also had a shit ton of power outages which were hell because you had to sweep dust for several hours and you couldn't sit but also couldn't leave. Don't take VTO since it defeats the whole purpose of the job.
>>
>>18153858
Good luck.
>>
>>18153858
worked there for the holiday rush. mind numbing if youre stacking boxes on the pallets so time goes by pretty quick. the positions I liked was sorting because time went by really fast.

people from all walks of life too. use it as a temp job and get someplace better
>>
>>18154238
>>18154267
>>18154274
Logging off now. Got nice dress shirt and pants ready. Will probably check in tomorrow since /adv/ is rather slow. But I hope I get this job, seems like an ideal temp job. Need to pay off some stuff. Hopefully I get a bit fit too. Chubby right now. Thank you everyone. Fuck that first reply though.
>>
>>18154279
You got the job, you won't get fit, takd the tylenol starting orientation. After that you have and id and can get it from tbe vending machines. Good luck the next few weeks.
>>
Did you apply online for this job or in person?
Just curious. Neet looking to get a job here.

The online apps never seem to go anywhere
>>
>>18154290
Why the tylenol? Just that mind numbing?

>>18154315
I did Amazon Work Force. I've been unemployed since like October. I've applied to Best Buy, Walmart, Target, all my local big chain places. This one, that is probably the farthest from me compared to the other stores mentioned, accepted my application quickly. This SEEMS promising so hopefully all goes well.
>>
>>18154315
woops, Amazon force

amazon.force.com/
>>
>>18154332
Trust me dude your feet will hurt unless you can tolerate that. I was fine but my girlfriend was pissed after work.
>>
>>18154336
>>18154332
Thanks anon. I want to get a job as well. Good luck.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.