[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I major in ??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ThePhenomenonofFloating-768x579.jpg (81KB, 768x579px) Image search: [Google]
ThePhenomenonofFloating-768x579.jpg
81KB, 768x579px
I don't know what to do and it's causing my anxiety to flare up.

>Good at computers bad at math
>Enjoy photography but won't support me financially
>I like music but can't play an instrument
>Inb4 join the army No Thanks

This world isn't fit for me Suicide is the only option
>>
>>18153490
>Good at computers bad at math
Information security
>>
>>18153490
Programming is a very math heavy field.

What kind of money do you want to make, and how many hours do you want to work? These are important questions.
>>
>>18153490
there's tons of computer stuff you can do without being good at math...security, networks, web dev, etc

and they can teach you how to play an instrument in school...you don't have to know anything going into class
>>
>>18153490
Accounting with a minor in computer information systems. Accountants are always in demand, and having a minor in CIS will show you can keep up with the burgeoning technical solutions hitting the industry. Would be great for finding a job, and it's probably one of the best majors you can get that doesn't require calculus.

As long as you have no other plans, it will lead to a comfy life without many financial struggles (unless you develop some expensive habits).

With knowledge of CIS it wouldn't be too hard to transition into IT if you don't like the accounting side so much, too. Just get a few IT certs, and you'd be a shoe-in as a database admin or something at an accounting firm.
>>
>>18153498
minimum wage
>>
>>18153511
This

I want enough money to move out of my parents house
>>
Go into the trades. You're too stupid for computers/desk jobs, and yeah you're right photography is a hobby, not a job, a side job at most.

Don't do what you love anon, love what you do, and your best option is trades.
>>
Media / Graphics Design?
>>
>>18153526
Comp Sci's a good field then, if you can handle it conceptually, you've got a pretty good shot at making a decent salary after graduating.

Accounting might be even better if CS is too hard.

I was an accounting major who switched to comp sci because I felt I wasn't challenged intellectually. When you get to the upper level comp sci classes it can really be a grind.
>>
>>18153532
I only know basic maths how could I get better ?
>>
>>18153545
in most non programming IT any math you have to do a spreadsheet is doing the actual calculations for you, you just have to learn how to set up the spreadsheet.
>>
>>18153545
It's like an aptitude thing, it's not a big deal if you don't know calculus, it's more about mathematical thinking. Although it really depends on the field. It's hard to describe to be honest. But if you find science and math classes to be impossibly difficult, that's probably a red flag.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.