[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I play piano at the upper intermediate level. I want to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
I play piano at the upper intermediate level. I want to start classical guitar. Im going to have to with finger picks cause piano makes me keep my nails short. However, what guitar should I get? Considering I read music and shit should I skip the Yamaha c40 or Corboda c1 and go for something intermediate? I tried electric guitar a long time ago but could never get into it because rock music is gay as fuck, but I really like the way classical guitar sounds and it seems a lot more technical anyways. Any input is appreciated
>>
i play electric guitar but know nothing about classic ones, best advice i can give you is to ask in the guitar thread on /mu/.
>>
>>18153254
Doesn't really matter. You could play jazz on electric, obviously. Classical guitar generally has a balanced tone with not much top end. The strings are further apart to allow easier chording. You will not build very heavy calluses or finger strength on it so if someone asks you if you want to play a dreadnought you will be physically unable to do so.

Why don't you buy a cheap parlor size jazz acoustic to play gypsy jazz on so that you actually build finger strength and a cheap classical for your finger picking.

https://youtu.be/v35YhhzCrYk
>>
I've had several guitars, one of them a cheap classical guitar. It was my least favorite, but that's only because of the high action.

When you go looking play around with each one you're considering and don't get one whose strings are far away from the fret board. Other than that just talk to the guitar guys and get their input on what might make one better than the other.

Have fun, classical guitars sound beautiful.
>>
>>18153254
Something you can afford. Shit is expensive yo.
>>
>>18153616
I like high action with heavy strings. Seperates the men from the boys and makes one more deliberate in phrasing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.