[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0736.jpg (968KB, 1952x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0736.jpg
968KB, 1952x2592px
Hello, I always had fun sketching, but I don't plan to make it my profession as I am already studying another subject.

Do I have enough talent to invest time and money to improve (keeping it anyway as a hobby) or is it not worth it?
I understand that for the sake of having fun it is always worth it, but there are a tonof ther fun things I could spend my leisure time with

Thanks for the input
>>
...bump?
Are there no artists here who can tell me from where they started?
>>
>>18152336
>>18152367
Ill write you something, just wait.
>>
>>18152367
People on 4chan only THINK they are talented, witty, and creative, but underappreciated by society.

They are not actually talented, witty, and creative at all. That's why so much of this website is racist. Racists are basically never creative and artistic. Too stupid and closeminded to be actually be original.
>>
>>18152336
>>18152390

>Do I have enough talent to invest time and money to improve
You might have what it takes to do concept art sketches and storyboard sketches. How fast do you draw? How long did it take to do that one with the tentacle things coming from his back? It's the best one.

>I understand that for the sake of having fun it is always worth it, but there are a tonof ther fun things I could spend my leisure time with
Such as?
>>
>>18152391

At least there's one person who isn't appreciated at all then.
>>
>>18152336
The real money is in doing portraits and landscapes. You could sell sketches of popular superheros, or try to make a comic and sell it at a con but honestly it's hard to break through with the style you've chosen.
Comics are unfortunately something you would need to make a profession rather than a hobby like painting. Learn how to pain animals, realistic portraits, local landscapes or flora and it could be a profitable market for a hobby.
>>
>>18152398
>How fast do you draw? How long did it take to do that one with the tentacle things coming from his back?

Probably slow I guess? No experience, so I can't really tell.
That sketch took around 20 minutes if I recall correctly, from having the idea to have it outlined

>Such as?
Doing yt videos with a friend of mine, learning how to do pixel art, play the bass, fuck around with music editors on pc, finish writing a physolosical essay... There is stuff.
This is stuff I currently do, but on the list there also "make a knife" and "make leather boots", for the summer, if I'll have time

Thanks for the help btw
>>
>>18152406
Mmmh, I am not really interested in making money with it, I am lucky enough to have chosen a career which will grant me more than enough. This is more for funsies

Still thoug, yes i should deifinitely learn how to draw landscapes and animals as well. The former to understand how to draw depth and the latter to learn how to draw different anatomies. It should be fun
>>
>>18152410
>Doing yt videos with a friend of mine,
What type of videos? Maybe you can draw shit for your videos, you know? Like channel graphics, video illustrations... Combine everything you know, you know.
>>
>>18152426
>What type of videos? Maybe you can draw shit for your videos, you know?
Real shitty ones.
We are trying to move into the direction of "one of us chooses a topic and prepares some interesting stuff on it spider diagram style and then we talk about it (like a podcast) while the video is prerecorded game footage of a somewhat related to the subject game".
I already did the pixel art for the logo (and am in the proces of improving it a bit, shadows etc), and we considered making something animated, but I lack the means now (do not have drawing tablet, or any kind of tablet and drawing with the mouse is out of my league)
The philosophical essay is being converted into a script for a longer video, but that is like an annual project.
>>
...bimp.
Still do not know if I should invest in this hobby :s

Wacom intuos pro paper would be a dream
>>
>>18152518
I thought you got all the help that you can get. You can draw for fun, but if you wanna get serious you need to draw for a goal, to make actual art. Pick a goal and see if you can make it. It will be hard, but if you love what you do, it become much easier.
>>
>>18152535
So I should invest after having gotten serious?

Okay. Finding a goal is actually sound advice.
Maybe I can draw on paper for the dnd campaign until I get confident enough to invest half a grand in a hobby
>>
>>18152551
If your draw daily or at least 3 times a week, then invest to that Wacom.
>>
Will have a great Christmas then

Thank you all, thread closed
>>
>>18152336
You have talent, that said you are not amazing but if you do a drawing per day or 30 minutes of studies a few times a week you could become very good.

Drawing is a skill after all. If you want to get a graphics tablet just get a Huion h610 pro. I have it, it's a Chinese tablet made to compete with Wacom. I wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for a tablet just to get better in drawing unless you really want to invest lots of time into it.

Look up Istebrak on YT, she does some good tutorials and videos.

I draw and do some digital art myself, stopped recently due to exams for a while. From my experience the most effective way to improve is to just draw more and be aware of your lines and the shapes that make up the object. Just challenge yourself to draw at least 1 drawing per day for 1 month and see where you get.

BTW you could do something professionally but you would have to invest your life into it because of how competitive and small the market is.
>>
>>18152336

i like your art. id write a comic if you'd draw it.

all that being said, its art, its a hobby. its not an 'investment'. you do it for fun and because you like the results.

>but theres tons of other fun stuff

then do those too? art is something you can do while you're watching TV anyways so its not like you will never have time to draw.
>>
>>18152336
I'm confused by your question OP.

You seem to be willing to improve. Then do it, no ? You ask us if it's worth it, we can't know for you.

But if you want to do it, why don't you just do it ?
>>
>>18152336
theres no such thing as talent
same as inspiration
i have 0 talent in drawnig but im a great artist cause i practiced a lot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.